GA Maria Gomez-Perez,12, missing from her home, Hall Co., 29 May 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

52c56d0d-8412-4706-99d2-465993427dd9.webp

So far, we have followed what we believed to be solid leads in the following states: South Carolina, Tennessee, Florida, Alabama, Texas, Illinois and Maryland. Those leads did not bring us any closer to finding Maria.

JUN 28, 2024
[...]

Sergio Franco lives in the community and started a website to assist in the effort to bring Maria home.

[...]

Franco says the site has garnered some helpful tips, which are automatically forwarded to the Hall County Sheriff's Office.

"We also get about 10 people signing up for search parties every day and that is whenever we are able to get a hint of where Maria might be, and we need to coordinate a search party," he said. We already have a big database of people who will be able to help."

[...]

Her father, Andres Gomez, spoke out Saturday in hopes that his little girl might, somehow, hear his words.

He spoke in Spanish and said his heart is broken in two.

He said he sees her pink bicycle propped up on the porch every day. She would be riding it with neighborhood friends most nights.

He said he has been waiting for her day after day. Her entire family is missing her. Her friends are missing her, too.

Art Gallegos, Jr., is a leader in the Latino community in Hall County. He helped interpret for Gomez.

“We believe she is out there,” said Gallegos.

He said she immigrated to the U.S. from Guatemala to live with her father about five or six years ago. She was a student at Lyman Elementary School.

“This is a young girl missing that could be my daughter. It could be your daughter, your niece,” said Gallegos.

Art Gallegos, Jr., is a leader in the Latino community in Hall County. He helped interpret for Gomez.

“We believe she is out there,” said Gallegos.

He said she immigrated to the U.S. from Guatemala to live with her father about five or six years ago. She was a student at Lyman Elementary School.

My heart breaks for Mr. Gomez. Do we have any idea who Maria may have left with?

Anyone here from this area? Is it just me and my bad attitude or do you also have very little faith in Hall County solving this? Hannah Truelove, Elaine Nix?

JUL 3, 2024
Community members are preparing to unveil a new missing person banner in the heart of Gainesville on Friday.

A large poster with Maria Gomez-Perez’s photo on it will sit near the intersection of Jesse Jewell Parkway and Bradford Street.

[...]

Maria’s father said deputies are searching cell phone and social media interactions. He said they’ve followed leads and possible sightings in seven other states.

There is a $50,000 reward for the person who can return her home safely.

[...]

JUL 5, 2024
President of the Latinos Conservative Organization, Art Gallegos Jr., volunteers, and Hall County and Gainesville authorities gathered Friday to reveal a 12-by-five-foot banner with a photo of Maria and her description just off Jesse Jewel Prkwy in downtown Gainesville.

Gainesville Mayor Sam Couvillon spoke on behalf of the City during the ceremony, noting the Sheriff’s Office’s continued efforts to locate Maria.

Andres Gomez Alonso looked on as a sign bearing his daughter's face was unveiled along Jessee Jewell Parkway in Gainesville on Friday.

Speaking through translator Art Gallegos he said he's still hopeful Maria will be found.

"I trust God that he will bring my daughter back. If he allows that my daugther is still alive I trust in him that she will come home, and he will bring her home," he said.

1720279238905.jpeg
1720279278671.jpeg
Community activist Art Gallegos hopes the sign will get more people engaged in the search for Maria.

"I think that we need to personalize this. We can't just say that this is another 13-year-old girl from Guatemala that just disappeared in our city," Gallegos said.

While Hall County investigators continue to pursue leads, Maria's dad, Andres Gomez, says the banner is a sign of hope.

"Seeing everybody come together and not giving up, and seeing all these signs being put up, thank you so much," Gomez said.

No new information, unfortunately.

JUL 8, 2024
The Hall County Sheriff's Office says investigators have received leads from several states, from Texas to Maryland. But, so far, those leads haven't led to Maria.

Multiple local, state and federal law enforcement agencies are assisting in the case, including the FBI and Homeland Security.

does anyone else find it odd that over a month later and we still have not heard the circumstances surrounding when she was last seen at her home on May 29? I mean, we don't have a time of day last seen, what her demeanor was, who she was seen by and all we know is she was wearing a bright blue shirt at that time?

I sure hope she is okay but 12? that is so young to be in the wind for that long. :(

Her friends list on FB seems to be made up mostly of teen boys and young men. Maybe she was groomed by someone she met online?
Sooo many boys. A lot from all over too. Seeing a lot from CA though... makes me wonder if that is the direction she could have gone. Maybe she was hoping to meet someone from CA and move out of GA. I would hope they checked her SM?

Are you able to share a link to her Facebook page as I cannot seem to locate it? I sure hope they have already scoured her SM.

does anyone else find it odd that over a month later and we still have not heard the circumstances surrounding when she was last seen at her home on May 29? I mean, we don't have a time of day last seen, what her demeanor was, who she was seen by and all we know is she was wearing a bright blue shirt at that time?

I sure hope she is okay but 12? that is so young to be in the wind for that long. :(
Her Father does a lot of interviews but they are mostly in Spanish and I can only seem to find them on TT. He did one with ChroniclesofOlivia on tiktok in the beginning he said he seen her last at 6am on 5/29 he also did one that said the Feds collected cell phones of everyone in the home and she was last seen by a child in the home a cousin. Apparently they are a multi family home and everyone has been investigated. Mariiely_bell also on TT has his full interviews with a news company in Spanish.

JUL 12, 2024
[...]

In a news release issued July 12, the sheriff’s office says phone searches and digital evidence “have provided hope for a break.” Investigators say those methods continue to be the best investigative resources so far, but the process is extremely time-consuming and resource-consuming.

The HCSO Special Investigations Unit is actively investigating the case but acknowledges the time and resource constraints involved. Couch says the Unit is working closely with other local and federal law enforcement agencies, including the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Homeland Security, the GBI, and others.

“The sheriff’s office and our law enforcement partners continue to develop more information from social media, the community, as well as all other avenues,” says Sheriff Couch.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*
Back