Marine Cpl. Cesar Laurean caught!!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Article from JDNews today. They were communicating through MySpace page. Marines are not going to be involved in extradition. E-mail to the sherrif and lots more.

http://www.jdnews.com/news/happen_56005___article.html/coordinated_effort.html
Thanks for posting the article link. I heard most of it last night on the news, but it does detail why his wife hasn't spoken to the media or why we haven't seen her. I thought the Marine Corps might be keeping her from doing that and it seems that's the case. I still can't fathom how she didn't know what he had done especially with all the painting and burying/burning Maria's body in the back yard.

On Nancy Grace someone, I think attorney general for Oslow County said it will be at least 60 days.

My understanding is that he is not going to fight extradition if he will be handed over to NC and not the military.

My understanding and not a true legal one is that he has two seperate extraditions to fight; one against NC and one against the military. The military has not yet charged him with murder but his defense attorney should get that resolved and the death penalty off the table with the military before he returns. He could also face the death penalty or other charges not yet named for deserting. There are also the rape charges although the military told Congressman Mike Turner they considered that matter, "concluded." I don't know if they meant the investigation or the case.

So, he has the right to fight extradition on each and every individual charge seperately with each agency making charges against him.

In addition to his three attorneys he hired in NC before he left town, the state attorney general appointed an attorney for him a couple of months ago. The district attorney said it was, "highly unusual" (may not be a correct quote). There was a big rukus because the state does not appoint a defense attorney for someone who had not been charged or who had not asked for one. I don't remember if that article was posted on this site or another. Let me know if you want that reference and I will find it. It is from a newspaper in NC. It was suspected that they were providing him with an attorney so the military were not going to be the only people to interview him if he was arrested. If he had an attorney appointed by the state, the state had a right to speak to him. I don't know if that attorney can now speak to him in Mexico but I have been trying to find that information. I was going to contact the reporter in NC.
Thank you so much for the explanation about the attorney. :) I'd totally missed that news a couple of months ago. The only other recent case where the suspect fled to Mexico was Darren Mack, but he didn't fight extradition and was working out a deal with the DA/LE to return to the US.

He's always looked that way to me (like a little boy) in ALL the pics that have been released of him. I'd love to find a pic of Xtina and see what she "looks like"
The only ones I've seen were taken of the two of them together and her face was blurred out. I doubt we'll be seeing any of her anytime soon since the Marines have ordered her not to talk with media.

T forgot there is also the possibility of a charge for adulty. My understanding is the sentance for that can be 8 years.

Well besides her blurred out face she looked more on the 'bigger' side. She didn't resemble anything of little blonde Maria.

He's always looked that way to me (like a little boy) in ALL the pics that have been released of him. I'd love to find a pic of Xtina and see what she "looks like"

Right, I think she had a hand in this as well. But through her "cooperation", the tables have shifted and all fingers point to Laurean. Someone will have to pay. The word "proof", brings to mind "proof of life" a military term. They have that!! HIM.

Hypothetically speaking, IF she dealt the final blow and IF is covering for her (and added to his criminal charges by being a fugitive on the run), IF she turned states evidence and testified against him, what kind of sentence would be handed down on her?

Re-reading, that sounds kinda stupid, but does it make sense? :waitasec:

Well besides her blurred out face she looked more on the 'bigger' side. She didn't resemble anything of little blonde Maria.
I noticed that too and especially with her Marine training could've easily overcome a very pregnant Maria. But of course, the DA says she wasn't at all involved, so I guess all she did was help CL paint the house & garage. :)

Jinxijada you were right. JDNEWS.com is reporting the Myspace page and that they traced him to the Internet cafe that way. Also the roadblock was on his way to the Internet cafe. Some said they thought the roadblock was a fake to catch him. Sounds like that was right too. I had read that the Mexican authorities could not capture him on the US Warrant. They had to "come across him" by stopping him for something else. I don't remember who posted that about the roadblock. I've read too much.

I posted the JDNEWS.com article on the media link today. It had something else you all said too. I'm impressed you all are good. This is the first case I have followed on here.

I snipped this from an aritcle I just read on Fox News...
Residents here said Laurean lived in a three-room wood cabin with a corrugated metal roof where he slept on a bed of crushed cardboard boxes. On Friday, there was a notebook on the cabin's floor showing that he kept a diary of his daily exercise routine, including push-ups, sit-ups and crunches. There were two shelves filled with canned tuna, instant soup and candy.
He walked to town daily, greeting those he passed, and spent hours at the local Internet cafe.

Hours at the Internet cafe? Who was he talking to for hours? :rolleyes: tuna,soup and candy? Hardly sounds like avacado's to me!

It sounds more like she just didn't want to live life without Cesar and that she was devastated about his unfaithfulness to her more than a guilty conscience......I still believe she wasn't knowingly involved with Maria's murder or the cover up...you know the saying, LOVE IS BLIND rings so loud in all of this. Her love for Cesar didn't die when Maria did and it still hasn't. Many can't begin to understand that..we all have things we say we would do if we were in her shoes...the only thing I will say about that is..I AM GLAD I AM NOT IN HER SHOES . She is a victim as well. Both women were duped by Caesar...that is a fact.

Thanks for posting the article link. I heard most of it last night on the news, but it does detail why his wife hasn't spoken to the media or why we haven't seen her. I thought the Marine Corps might be keeping her from doing that and it seems that's the case. I still can't fathom how she didn't know what he had done especially with all the painting and burying/burning Maria's body in the back yard.

I'm wondering if civilian LE may be backing off from Christina to give the Marine Corps a chance to prosecute her. They called her back to active duty, individually not as part of a unit, which is highly unusual unless they wanted to have her be subject to the UCMJ.

The DA has said that her behavior in communicating with Cesar is not against NC law, but she could definitely be charged by the military with communicating with a deserter and not revealing his location. They could also try to charge her with whatever other crimes they may suspect she has committed. But they can't do it if NC wants to try her first because of the protocol.

It sounds more like she didn't want to live the rest of her life without Cesar and being devastated about his unfaithfulness more than a guilty conscience to me. I think he was her world..her life was centered around him and even though many can not understand her mindset....we have not lived her life the past 3 months...the only thing I can say is she is a victim too....I am not defending her but I am saying I do not believe she in any way knowingly particapated in the killing of Maria or the cover up...I am curious as to why the delay in turning the letter he left to her over to the cops..but we can all say what we would do and wouldn't do if were in her shoes...I only say this...I am glad I am not in her shoes. Let's face it, guys..both women were DUPED by Cesar...and I do believe both of these women(Christina and Maria) loved him like they never loved anyone else before. And look what it got them..one is dead and in the ground, the other is dead on the inside and has seriously wished she was dead and in the ground too. It's a sad sad situation for both women. Cesar is a cunning and narcisstic manipulator and I know there is a God and I have to trust that he will pay for all of this with his life. Justice for Maria..and the rest of the victms in this case.

It sounds more like she didn't want to live the rest of her life without Cesar and being devastated about his unfaithfulness more than a guilty conscience to me. I think he was her world..her life was centered around him and even though many can not understand her mindset....we have not lived her life the past 3 months...the only thing I can say is she is a victim too....I am not defending her but I am saying I do not believe she in any way knowingly particapated in the killing of Maria or the cover up...I am curious as to why the delay in turning the letter he left to her over to the cops..but we can all say what we would do and wouldn't do if were in her shoes...I only say this...I am glad I am not in her shoes. Let's face it, guys..both women were DUPED by Cesar...and I do believe both of these women(Christina and Maria) loved him like they never loved anyone else before. And look what it got them..one is dead and in the ground, the other is dead on the inside and has seriously wished she was dead and in the ground too. It's a sad sad situation for both women. Cesar is a cunning and narcisstic manipulator and I know there is a God and I have to trust that he will pay for all of this with his life. Justice for Maria..and the rest of the victms in this case.

Snowlover, I just can't share in your faith in Christina. Her story of noticing nothing when so much was going on around her is just too farfetched for me to believe.

I snipped this from an aritcle I just read on Fox News...
Residents here said Laurean lived in a three-room wood cabin with a corrugated metal roof where he slept on a bed of crushed cardboard boxes. On Friday, there was a notebook on the cabin's floor showing that he kept a diary of his daily exercise routine, including push-ups, sit-ups and crunches. There were two shelves filled with canned tuna, instant soup and candy.
He walked to town daily, greeting those he passed, and spent hours at the local Internet cafe.

Hours at the Internet cafe? Who was he talking to for hours? :rolleyes: tuna,soup and candy? Hardly sounds like avacado's to me!
I too saw that article, and I think the cabin was in an avocado orchard. He was probably reading all the news he could about himself on the Internet and emailing his wife through myspace. He must have wanted to get caught! :D

I'm wondering if civilian LE may be backing off from Christina to give the Marine Corps a chance to prosecute her. They called her back to active duty, individually not as part of a unit, which is highly unusual unless they wanted to have her be subject to the UCMJ.

The DA has said that her behavior in communicating with Cesar is not against NC law, but she could definitely be charged by the military with communicating with a deserter and not revealing his location. They could also try to charge her with whatever other crimes they may suspect she has committed. But they can't do it if NC wants to try her first because of the protocol.
Oh, thank you so much for this information! I didn't realize there was anything the Marine Corps could hold against her. :blowkiss:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: You could very well be onto something. We can only hope! :)

Regarding Marines on jury duty: Most service members exercise the option the law allows them to register in their home of record state. This would preclude them from ever being in the jury pool... and I am not sure even if they were registered there if they would be required to serve... I suspect that they would be excused because of their affiliation with the Corps, and the same might apply for their spouses...
Even though the "jury of your peers" should be including Marines...
The important thing here is that in the event of Courts Martial, it would be enlisted Marines who would be on the panel.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emh88
Back