UK Marion Hodge, 34, a 78 yr old man served with an indictment in connection with Marion’s murder. Lockerbie, Scotland summer of 1984

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

StillDiggin

Reaction score
A 78-year-old man has been served with an indictment in connection with the death of a woman who disappeared nearly 40 years ago.
Marion Hodge, from Lockerbie, was last reported to have been seen in Dumfries in the summer of 1984.

This case didn't get anywhere near as much press coverage in Scotland as the comparable Renee MacRae case which often popped up down the years. I found a Daily Record article from 2 October 1991 and it's clear Marion's family firmly suspected the husband killed her. This was from when he tried to have her declared legally dead as 7 years had passed. It says here he accused her of an affair and left her at a train station with a suitcase and £1000 and 3 days later a man called the bank where she worked to say she was fine but not coming back.

The article states William Hodge was 44 in October 1991 which would make him 76/77 in December 2023 when the papers were filed and the BBC article said it was a 78 year old man. Still think it must be him and the article from 1991 was possibly slightly out with his age.

Attachments

• img.jpg
    img.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I hope they get a wriggle on with starting the trial. He's not getting any younger!!

BBC News - Murder case hearing over woman last seen 40 years ago
Aye, I fear age and dementia may result in her final resting place never being found, unless they dig up every motorway bridge between Gretna and Moffat

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hallowed_disaster164
Back