Mark Sievers - Jury Selection

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Those are NOT the right jury questions. The correct questionnaire can be found on leeclerk.org and it has been posted here before.

Those are NOT the right jury questions. The correct questionnaire can be found on leeclerk.org and it has been posted here before.
Notify them. I was just posting their link

Hi, Emi! I just woke up, and was hoping to see some live feed. Don't know why we don't have any for Mark's jury selection, when we had one for JRR's. Fortunately, I Oregonmama has already contacted NBC2 to see if anything can be done about it. This is a MAJORLY HUGE local case, after all, and nobody's jumping on it. Wonder if Mark's defense had anything to do with it?

The date for JRR's sentencing was changed, at the last minute on Friday. I'm wondering if the court will reimburse the family/friends' tickets? No official reason was given for this cancellation. We are trying to guess why. Maybe the judge wanted to get Mark's show on the road, 'cause he's sick of the delays, and JRR's sentencing would further impede Mark's trial? Maybe, JRR is finally willing to testify, now that it's getting really scary for him, in which case JRR's sentencing would have to wait until AFTER his testimony in Mark's trial, to make sure that JRR's testimony is fruitful. Everything would continue to be pushed down the line, until as much evidence is snagged on this case, and falls into place. The judge may have other issues to deal with, as well. I'm really hoping that it's just Jimmy that's getting ready to cough his guts out. JRR came out wearing a gingerbread man outfit the other day--only no color, no spice. That's the way the cookie crumbles? I'm hoping!
Ah ha! No live feed since Mark got sick, right? I wonder if there's a connection?

Tuesday, November 19th:
*Trial continues with Jury Selection (Day 6) (@ 8:30am ET) – FL – Dr. Teresa Ann Grace Sievers (46) (June 29, 2015, Bonita Springs) – *Mark D. Sievers (50) arrested & charged (2/26/16) & indicted (5/4/16) with 1st degree premeditated murder & conspiracy to commit 1st degree premeditated murder. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
Trial set to begin on 11/12/19 with jury selection. Trial expected to last 5 weeks.
Jury Selection 11/12/19 (Day 1) thru 11/14/19 (Day 3) reference post #293 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/mark-sievers-jury-selection.485229/page-15
11/15/19 Day 4 of Jury Selection: 64 potential jurors for today’s Round 2 of questioning on DP. Judge Kyle told a group of about 20 people who came in this morning to come back instead on Monday afternoon. Judge Kyle: "The panel has shrunk". And shrinking quickly this morning. 10 potential jurors have already been sent home since 8:30am. Some for being against death penalty, others now with work or medical issues that weren't brought up earlier in questioning. Jury selection continues to Monday, 11/18.
11/18/19 Day 5 of Jury Selection: Judge said there's 24 potential jurors cleared for general voir dire (likely tomorrow morning). He'll need 42-44 total to get a jury. They have about 20 for today to death penalty qualify. Judge talking with his team hopeful to start general voir dire tomorrow morning if there are enough potential jurors kept from today's 22. Judge just sent the 24 already cleared through death penalty qualifications home until tomorrow morning. Judge expects the jury to be seated Wed. or Thursday. The jury has a question (1 hour 30 minutes into deliberations). 14 coming back tomorrow with another group of 24. 8 sent home today. Jury selection continues on 11/19.
*Jimmy Ray Rodgers (28) – Trial 10/23/19: Jury found Rodgers guilty of second degree murder, not guilty of conspiracy, guilty of trespassing. Sentencing on 12/12. Motion for new trial-denied.
*Curtis Wayne Wright, Jr. (41) arrested (10/14/15) & charged (10/20/15) & indicted (5/5/16) with 2nd degree premeditated murder. Plead not guilty. No bond. Took plea deal (2/26/16) plead guilty to 2nd degree murder; serving 25 years, waives all rights to appeal. Will testify at trials. Sentencing on 12/2.

Okay kiddo, you are on a roll....another excellent link to the interview Jaclyn Bevis did for a court production show. (She was great by the way. JB's gotta give me the recipe for those great eyebrows:cool::cool:) She brought up something I hadn't quite understood (I'm pretty slow at times) the first 15 times I heard it. The light bulb finally turned on.... The jury in JRR's trial thought CWW was lying about a lot of things!! @susnoat, you told us not to believe one word that came out of Cww's mouth and that he would always portray himself as a victim. Wow, the jury must have heard you, too!
Now I am wondering why Cww's attorney was sitting in the gallery and then asked to "consult with him" during one of the breaks, and was turned down/denied access to her client. Was Cww getting off track and jeopardizing his plea deal? Or, was he offering information/opinions that introduced new motives, not previously discussed? (Maybe my post is in the wrong thread...but I just wanted to get it down before I lost the thought.) So, what does it take to lose/blow/nullify a plea deal? MS's attorney strategy will no doubt be to aggressively cross examine Cww. If Cww "bumbles & crumbles"
his testimony because he gets upset or confused....what happens?? Oh geez lahweez... the new jury may not believe a lot of his story this time, too. Or maybe MM will just "molly coddle & flatter" Cww's ego and make it look as if he is a "criminal master mind." Yah, yah...that's the ticket.

Last edited:
And Jake is back!

1. Jake Allen‏Verified account @Jake_Allen19 40s40 seconds ago
    If jury selection does wrap up today the trial will move into opening statements from the prosecution and defense.

0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes
    Show this thread

2. Jake Allen‏Verified account @Jake_Allen19 1m1 minute ago
    I’m back in Courtroom 8-A at the Lee County Justice Center for the #SieversTrial. Judge Kyle has a few items on his docket to take care of before jury selection resumes in the Sievers trial. There’s a possibility that jury selection wraps up today. @ndn @TheNewsPress

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back