Mark Sievers Livestream Trial Thread -Days 5-8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaclyn Bevis‏ @jbevis10 2m2 minutes ago

Defense arguing that this is circumstantial case with only Wright's word to prove this state. He said if anything the evidence shown has been inconsistent. #trialtweets #MarkSieversontrial #NBC2CourtCoverage #TeresaSievers

Jake Allen‏Verified account @Jake_Allen19 1m1 minute ago

"When we talk about competent testimony or competent evidence, your honor, we are at a loss in this case," Mummert said.

There is no competent evidence in this case and the only evidence of conspiracy came from Curtis Wayne Wright Jr.

1. Jake Allen‏Verified account @Jake_Allen19 59s59 seconds ago
    Mummert again asks for judgement of acquittal on both charges.

0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes
    Show this thread

2. Jake Allen‏Verified account @Jake_Allen19 2m2 minutes ago
    It was well established Mark Sievers was in New York and Connecticut when Teresa Sievers was killed, Mummert said.
Jaclyn Bevis‏ @jbevis10 2m2 minutes ago
Defense said reason to believe "this is something Wright took upon himself, and possibly his wife". Angela Wright is also accused of having and using a burner phone, defense said. #trialtweets #MarkSieversontrial #NBC2CourtCoverage #TeresaSievers

I'm not a lawyer, UM, but I, um, could probably say that, um (note shuffle) better then, um, MM.

All, um, IMO

Exactly. The Prosecutor is showing just how much smarter (and experienced) she is than him. For some reason when I look at this guy, all I can picture is him sitting around his house in sweatpants playing the PS4.

Tell 'em, ASA Cynthia Ross. She's fighting for no acquittal. Saying it is not all circumstantial and that there's direct evidence. JRR is part of it, regardless if he and MS had conversations to make them co-conspirators. She says this meets the definition of conspiracy.

In my own words and my own understanding.

Yes, with CWW's testimony, the lifelong connection between CWW and MS, along with the burner phones. But it's a close thing. I'm worried about what the defense will present.
I want to add... After the murder, many of us were immediately suspicious of MS, but when CWW was arrested and we learned he was a close friend of MS and drove from MO, that was absolutely convincing to me and a lot of others here that MS had hired CWW. Hopefully the jury also sees how obvious just that is.

So, where do we think Mark stands now on taking the stand? I think his lawyer thinks (as some of us here do) that its a much weaker case than we thought they would put on, and he'll get off. He will recommend Mark NOT get on the stand. Will he still do it cuz he's 'Mark'???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unique sky 6793