DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

arielilane

Justice for Liz Barraza
Reaction score
Website
www.whokilledlizbarraza.com

Massachusetts State Police say 25-year-old trainee Enrique Delgado-Garcia died after suffering injuries at the police academy, and his family is demanding an explanation of what happened​

Published September 13, 2024 • Updated on September 14, 2024 at 8:00 am​

NEW BRAINTREE, Mass. —
A Massachusetts State Police recruit who suffered a medical emergency during a training exercise died surrounded by family and loved ones Friday night after being removed from life-support at a Massachusetts hospital, according to the department.

Updated: 10:16 AM EDT Sep 15, 2024

On Saturday, a motorcade carried Garcia's body from the hospital to the Medical Examiner's office in Westfield, as a small crowd of family members and friends gathered on the sidewalk near the medical center.

Updated Sun, September 15th 2024 at 7:52 PM

Updated on: September 16, 2024 / 11:22 AM EDT / CBS Boston

WORCESTER - Investigators are giving an update Monday after a Massachusetts State Police recruit died last week from an injury suffered during a training exercise at the agency's academy in New Braintree. Worcester County District Attorney Joseph Early Jr. will hold a press conference at 11:30 a.m. "regarding the review of the death of Enrique Delgado-Garcia."

You can watch the update streaming live on CBS News Boston in the video player above.

So they're calling it an "incident in [a] boxing ring", whatever that means.

Sparring is one thing, but this seems like an all-out boxing match. Enrique was hit so hard that it broke all of teeth, fractured his neck and destroyed his brain. That sounds like a prolonged beating.

I have so many questions. What training value does boxing serve for the academy? Is this a graduation requirement? Was he put up against someone much larger than himself? Was there a trained referee who could stop the fight? Was there a doctor?

At Boston.com

“I don’t understand why it was so rough if it was just training,” his mother, Sandra Garcia, told the news outlets in Spanish. “I want them to explain it to me, that the state explains to me what happened with my son. … Why did he hit him so hard that it killed him, that it destroyed his brain and broke all of my son’s teeth and he had a neck fracture too, my son.”

Worcester DA's office will not lead investigation into death of State Police recruit, citing conflict

September 16, 2024 | 2:17 PM

So an officer just beat him to death??? How could this happen?

Did this officer and Enrique have any personal history? Did they have any arguments or anything at all previous to this fight? Did they even know each other at all before getting into the ring together? Did this officer have history of assault or anger management issues?

Was Enrique not allowed to wear normal protective gear? Doesn't sound like it.

How could the officer not notice he was punching him so hard that he broke Enrique's teeth, multiple teeth?? Did he think that wouldn't have consequences? You can't hide that! Everyone would know, even if that were the extent of his injuries, which it wasn't.

Was he forced to fight more than just one man at once? That's actually what I'm thinking now, that he was pummeled to death by multiple officers.

But they should have known what they were doing to him. Even if they somehow didn't think there was a risk that he would die, they would have known he would look so beat up, missing many teeth, blood would have been everywhere... they were just gonna send him back out into the world looking like that?? How did they think that would be ok?

Whoever did the actual beating, be it one or more people, must be charged with his murder. And other charges for whoever they answer to, their higher-ups.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kenzie201
Back