MATTHEW PERRY DEAD AT 54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Obviously his assistant didn't care what happened to Matthew Perry---
I agree. Why didn't the guy contact Matthew's loved ones and tell them what was going on and have them at least try to stage an intervention. It was apparent that this was going to end in Matthew's death. He was doing more and more of the drug and had passed out from it more than once in the month prior to his death. At the very least, why on earth didn't he stick around after he injected him to make sure that he didn't pass out in the hot tub? Matthew told him to warm up the hot tub. So, this guy knew that he was going to use it.

JMO.

I agree. Why didn't the guy contact Matthew's loved ones and tell them what was going on and have them at least try to stage an intervention. It was apparent that this was going to end in Matthew's death. He was doing more and more of the drug and had passed out from it more than once in the month prior to his death. At the very least, why on earth didn't he stick around after he injected him to make sure that he didn't pass out in the hot tub? Matthew told him to warm up the hot tub. So, this guy knew that he was going to use it.

JMO.
Of the five people involved in the death of Matthew Perry, I believe his assistant is the worst--- he was with MP for over 25 years- much of that time he appears to have been supplying MP with drugs. On the day of MP death, this "assistant" gave MP an injection and left him alone. He did not care one bit what happened to MP. Pretty disgusting.

There is a whole Giant Wicked Underworld of an addict.
And most assuredly, the one who knows most about it is the addict himself. MP knew exactly what he was doing, and who he was involving to get his fix. He ran from reality trying to escape his own knowledge of the wickedness, but he knew. IMO

Obviously his assistant didn't care what happened to Matthew Perry---

I would beg to differ. Addicts generally burn people out, as a myriad of other mental health and personality disorders generally are co-occuring disorders with addiction. I don't know anything about MP, but in general, addicts tend to only want people around who will not confront them with the truth of their addiction.

So, would you tell the person giving you a paycheck your opinion of their lifestyle choices? Probably not. It is not the place of an employee to tell an employer anything.

I would beg to differ. Addicts generally burn people out, as a myriad of other mental health and personality disorders generally are co-occuring disorders with addiction. I don't know anything about MP, but in general, addicts tend to only want people around who will not confront them with the truth of their addiction.

So, would you tell the person giving you a paycheck your opinion of their lifestyle choices? Probably not. It is not the place of an employee to tell an employer anything.
agree. this assistant worked with MP for 25 yrs....

Iwamasa was Perry's assistant since 1994 and was frequently seen out and about with the Friends actor. He is now facing 15 years behind bars. His LinkedIn profile says: 'I thrive in chaotic situations which call for order. I am discreet, loyal and honor absolute confidentiality.'10 hours ago
1723860024953.png

Who is Kenneth Iwamasa? Matthew Perry's assistant who ...​

I doubt he wanted him to die and be out of a job. He must have seen him in worse situations many times. IMO

Actually, we prescribe controlled substances to recovering addicts all the time. Look at Suboxone or methadone. And yes, even Ketamine shows promise, though still too early to say definitively. This is called replacement therapy.

"Ketamine has been shown to effectively prolong abstinence from alcohol and heroin in detoxified alcoholics and heroin dependent individuals, respectively."

The thing is, these are less addictive and dangerous than the drug they're recovering from, so that's the reasoning behind it.

Also, most people who are using drugs are not doing it because of #funtimes. They're doing it to self-medicate. So the question is, self-medicate what? Is another controlled substance helpful in treating the underlying illness or abstain from using the addicted substance?

I keep going back to ADHD because most people are familiar with it. Many cocaine users have underlying ADHD. It used to be that you wouldn't prescribe a stimulant to ANYONE with a cocaine addiction. But that thinking changed and now we know that treating the underlying problem is the key to abstinence. So that may also be applied to Ketamine (I don't prescribe Ketamine, so I'll say MOO here).

I don't think this case is as black and white as it may seem right now. I might eat those words later if it turns out these were drug dealers who happened to be doctors. But doctors are sometimes villianized because the media doesn't understand the treatment protocols. MOO. It's not intuitive, certainly and before I read the research, I would have reacted the same way.

I'll be very interested to see how this case unfolds.

Links provided to stimulant treatment for cocaine abusers just to justify what I said above.

"Substitution pharmacotherapy is an effective approach for treating opioid and nicotine dependence, and accumulating evidence indicates that stimulant pharmacotherapy for cocaine dependence is a promising strategy."

"While stimulant medications have the potential for abuse and must be used cautiously in patients with substance use disorders, the available evidence suggests that stimulant medications administered under monitored conditions can be safe and effective in patients with substance use disorders."

Excuse my lack of knowledge but if someone is on the highest dose? of adderall and they are given this does it make them more or less hyper? I’m specifically talking about the highest dose of adderall & others.

He is now facing 15 years behind bars. His LinkedIn profile says: 'I thrive in chaotic situations which call for order. I am discreet, loyal and honor absolute confidentiality....
I doubt he wanted him to die and be out of a job. He must have seen him in worse situations many times. IMO
Unfortunately for him, the law doesn't make exceptions for people who discreetly and loyally break the law just because their employer asks them to. For example, Ghislaine Maxwell was very discreet and loyal to Jeffrey Epstein.

JMO

Excuse my lack of knowledge but if someone is on the highest dose? of adderall and they are given this does it make them more or less hyper? I’m specifically talking about the highest dose of adderall & others.

I am not sure, but I know in my case that ADHD meds, Cocaine, does not affect me like other people. It doesn't make me hyper or anything. I actually slow down, and become more focused.

Of the five people involved in the death of Matthew Perry, I believe his assistant is the worst--- he was with MP for over 25 years- much of that time he appears to have been supplying MP with drugs. On the day of MP death, this "assistant" gave MP an injection and left him alone. He did not care one bit what happened to MP. Pretty disgusting.

I haven’t read his book but I recall hearing an excerpt of him saying that this assistant was the best friend he has ever had. (Paraphrasing)

I am not sure, but I know in my case that ADHD meds, Cocaine, does not affect me like other people. It doesn't make me hyper or anything. I actually slow down, and become more focused.

Interesting. I was envisioning an overdose if it was the highest dosage or being awake for 3 or more days.

I really wonder about holding physicians responsible for an admitted addict that dies from an overdose of prescribed medication. That opens a Pandora's Box of potential arrest and litigation, for all providers who prescribe controlled medications.
Knowingly providing drugs to an addict, especially in non-therapeutic amounts, is yet another form of malpractice. They are DEFINITELY responsible for what they prescribe.

If the person has legitimate ADHD, then it should re-focus them, which generally means less hyper (this is not a litmus test of true ADHD or not; I'm just saying that's what happens, but if someone does become more hyper, it doesn't mean they don't have ADHD). In some cases, people may take Adderall or Ritalin at bedtime which helps them sleep. Every patient is different. For 95% of patients, giving them a stimulant at bedtime would keep them up, but for some, that's what they need. That's why I say medicine is complex and what you think is intuitively correct, often isn't.

I understand the responsibility of the 5 being charged, but ultimately wasn’t it Mathew Perry’s choice to take this drug? Could they be charged with his murder?

This reminded me of the death of Michael Jackson. The physician who gave him drugs was found culpable in his death. I don't remember how long his sentence was...

He was sentenced to four years for "Involuntary Manslaughter", served less than two years.

The doctors involved are disgusting. What greed.
I saw a documentary on the early days of the opiod epidemic.

The clinic was an obvious large scale pill mill. Armed security guards kept order in the parking lot. It also took cash only for appointments- and doctors were also paid in cash at the end of each day they worked. Fearing ubber violent "rip off" robberies from a rival drug gang (not the white coat kind, but say, the Bloods come a' calling), the clinic was fortified.

The owners ran adds on Craigs List for doctors to mass produce prescriptions. They expected one or two answers from "Dr. Badnewz" types with past license suspensions etc. Instead, they got 16 fast repsonses and hired the first 7 or so. Their specialties were varied: Sports medicine, plastic surgeons, general practitioners, ER. Some were just out of medical school.

Anyways...

I wonder if there are a good number of doctors who lack the qualifications, people skills etc. to get hired on by hospitals, and also lack the business skills to establish their own practices? They then run into mounting school debt and the "need" to maintain an expected life style? Or, is there a glut of doctors out there? Maybe @BeginnerSleuther as some insights?

Last edited:
I understand the responsibility of the 5 being charged, but ultimately wasn’t it Mathew Perry’s choice to take this drug? Could they be charged with his murder?
His assistant also had a choice--not to keep injecting him after the first overdose. I know that I would not have continued to aid in his destruction...paycheck or no paycheck. A true friend makes the hard choices. This assistant was only thinking of his paycheck and nothing beyond that.

JMO.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321