MATTHEW PERRY DEAD AT 54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
His assistant also had a choice--not to keep injecting him after the first overdose. I know that I would not have continued to aid in his destruction...paycheck or no paycheck. A true friend makes the hard choices. This assistant was only thinking of his paycheck and nothing beyond that.

JMO.
I think drug use is normalized in some circles - it's part of the so-called glitzy life (that easily slips into "seedy" but with expensive clothes and housing). If everyone is on "something," after awhile it stops being seen as dangerous, I am guessing.

jmo

Last edited:
I agree. Why didn't the guy contact Matthew's loved ones and tell them what was going on and have them at least try to stage an intervention. It was apparent that this was going to end in Matthew's death. He was doing more and more of the drug and had passed out from it more than once in the month prior to his death. At the very least, why on earth didn't he stick around after he injected him to make sure that he didn't pass out in the hot tub? Matthew told him to warm up the hot tub. So, this guy knew that he was going to use it.

JMO.
He probably looked at Matthew only as a paycheck. He was being paid to stay quiet, and he probably did so to an extent. But like the doctors who called Matthew a "moron," those he hired might also have sneered at him behind his back. People don't always see drug addictions as being genuine illnesses but rather, as weaknesses and they look at addicts as wastes of breath.

It's really too bad no one took the time to actually care about him.

All MOO

I haven’t read his book but I recall hearing an excerpt of him saying that this assistant was the best friend he has ever had. (Paraphrasing)

He had another personal assistant that quit before his death that was said to be his best friend. He mentioned her under the pseudonym Erin in his book.

As Perry wrote in Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing, when he and Morgan initially met at rehab, he 'didn't get sober' that time, but quickly saw 'how wonderful she was in every way.'

Two years later, in another bid to go clean, Perry 'stole her' from her rehab job and hired her as his assistant.

Initially, Moses slept in the same room as him in a 'sober living house' in Southern California in a separate Queen bed. They then lived together for a period at his $22 million Century City penthouse condo. She was so dedicated to his recovery that she gave up smoking to help him.

I found this link to the indictments, I don't think it's been posted.

They refer to federal crimes, such as, for Iwassa, 'conspiracy to distribute ketamine causing death and serious bodily injury'.

So these are not general charges such as homicide, but federal criminal code violations relating to 'distributing' specific controlled substances.

I'm sure there are legal definitions of what it means to 'distribute'. It's likely much more serious than simple possession (ie for personal comsumption).

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321
Back