DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And Jonbenets....

:(

Oh, yes...I had forgotten that case.

With statistics showing that parents are overwhelmingly most often involved in children's deaths, it boggles my mind when so many seem to argue and defend them. It's almost as if it is more acceptable to make up this elaborate story of kidnapping than just believing the parents were involved with (at the very least) covering up of something else.

The thing that all three of these cases have in common are the inconsistencies in the parents stories. I'm sure we could find many more stories like this. I'm not all that familiar with the McCann case, but have been trying to read up on it more.

I just know that I couldn't go on living if I had accidentally caused the death of my child and covered it up. It would eat me away and I couldn't live with it. I will never understand how these people can do it...never...

Oh, yes...I had forgotten that case.

With statistics showing that parents are overwhelmingly most often involved in children's deaths, it boggles my mind when so many seem to argue and defend them. It's almost as if it is more acceptable to make up this elaborate story of kidnapping than just believing the parents were involved with (at the very least) covering up of something else.

The thing that all three of these cases have in common are the inconsistencies in the parents stories. I'm sure we could find many more stories like this. I'm not all that familiar with the McCann case, but have been trying to read up on it more.

I just know that I couldn't go on living if I had accidentally caused the death of my child and covered it up. It would eat me away and I couldn't live with it. I will never understand how these people can do it...never...

I can.

In this particular case, they could have all convinced themselves that it was for the greater good.

They didn't want to get charged with anything like neglect, they didn't want to risk losing their respectability or careers, or perhaps even have their kids taken into foster care.

Part of me understands them.

Gerry is a very strong and controlled individual, (just like John Ramsey) and could have easily convinced Kate that the ones to suffer if they owned up would be Sean and Amelie.

Gerry and Kate, both as a result of sheer slog, now have excellent reputations and careers, which would be ruined if the public knew they neglected her daughter and she died as a result. He could easily have convinced her they'd lose everything, including their remaining children, if the truth came out. High stakes indeed.

It would be easy for this sort of pressure to be applied to all of the Tapas group, especially if Gerry had some sort of leverage on them...or maybe they all just panicked and followed the leader because he told them he'd make sure they fell into the chitstorm too if there was an investigation. Maybe someone liked cocaine, maybe someone had confided in Gerry about a mistake they'd made at work...who knows the ins and outs, but for whatever reason, they agreed.

Gerry is very controlled, clever and I would say charismatic (as is Kate) and it would have been extremely easy just to go along with what seemed like a little white lie at the time.

Tanner later mentioned how intimidated and uncomfortable Gerry made her.

They relied upon the fact that it was a tiny fishing town without so much as a police station, therefore likely (in their minds) to be a bit backward and lazy and eager to accept the tale, especially if they all told the same one.

It wasn't supposed to go wrong, (no one could possibly foresee Amaral :D) but when it did, somehow it translated into even more income via donations, mystery millionaire backers, and libel payouts. The silver lining, as such.

:banghead:

All opinion only.

:cow:

I don't know this case nearly as well as some of the rest of you, but:

In the interviews with the McCann's friends, at least one said that Kate told her they left the back door unlocked so that if Madeleine woke up, she could come and find them.

(Frankly, I think that was a very idiotic idea, but that's what she told them.)

So why did she later say that she knew immediately Madeleine had been kidnapped because she wouldn't have been able to open the door?

They also said that the front door didn't lock properly (and therefore an abuctor might have come in that way). So couldn't Madeleine have gone out that way, then?

They said they had a clear view of the apartment, but photos make it obvious that they did not - and they were sitting with their backs towards it anyway.

I also think it is a discrepancy that they say they think she was abducted, and yet comment that she would somehow be giving the person who has her a hard time, talking back to them, etc. This makes no sense at all. People abduct children for two reasons: sex, and to raise as their own. A person who wants a child to raise would usually go for the youngest possible - reducing the chances of the child speaking up or being recognized. They wouldn't take Madeleine with the younger twins available in the very next bed. So the alternative is that she was abducted to be raped. If you even suspect that your preschool child is in the hands of a sexual predator, how could you comment that the child would be "giving that person her tuppence worth" or whatever the phrase was that Kate used?? It's just ludicrous.

Tink

Watch their own documentary "Madeleine Was Here".

In the very first scene, Kate starts her description of the evening, and about three sentences in says "to be honest".

Which implies that some of what she's saying isn't honest.

But it was something major.

Kate was prone to "visions" and had one about this holiday, a bad one.

Major enough that she thought about cancelling the holiday altogether.

She then proceeded to completely disregard this gut instinct, in favor of spending the 7th night in a row with the same 7 people in the same restaurant.

She did not even decide to heed her foreboding after Madeleine informed her she and her baby brother had spent part of the previous evening crying (90 minutes, unattended).

A mother who already had a bad feeling about a holiday, has expressed concern "something bad" might happen, who wilfully neglects her babies over and over again despite her knowledge the children had woken alone and frightened.

No normal mother would do this.

:pullhair:

This is a big discrepancy from the videos posted at the beginning she says that they never thought there was any danger. If she had a bad feeling about it from the start, I would think that she'd be more worried and not comfortable with leaving her children by themselves. She wouldn't insist that she thought that nothing would come of it.

I can.

In this particular case, they could have all convinced themselves that it was for the greater good.

They didn't want to get charged with anything like neglect, they didn't want to risk losing their respectability or careers, or perhaps even have their kids taken into foster care.

Part of me understands them.

Gerry is a very strong and controlled individual, (just like John Ramsey) and could have easily convinced Kate that the ones to suffer if they owned up would be Sean and Amelie.

Gerry and Kate, both as a result of sheer slog, now have excellent reputations and careers, which would be ruined if the public knew they neglected her daughter and she died as a result. He could easily have convinced her they'd lose everything, including their remaining children, if the truth came out. High stakes indeed.

It would be easy for this sort of pressure to be applied to all of the Tapas group, especially if Gerry had some sort of leverage on them...or maybe they all just panicked and followed the leader because he told them he'd make sure they fell into the chitstorm too if there was an investigation. Maybe someone liked cocaine, maybe someone had confided in Gerry about a mistake they'd made at work...who knows the ins and outs, but for whatever reason, they agreed.

Gerry is very controlled, clever and I would say charismatic (as is Kate) and it would have been extremely easy just to go along with what seemed like a little white lie at the time.

Tanner later mentioned how intimidated and uncomfortable Gerry made her.

They relied upon the fact that it was a tiny fishing town without so much as a police station, therefore likely (in their minds) to be a bit backward and lazy and eager to accept the tale, especially if they all told the same one.

It wasn't supposed to go wrong, (no one could possibly foresee Amaral :D) but when it did, somehow it translated into even more income via donations, mystery millionaire backers, and libel payouts. The silver lining, as such.

:banghead:

All opinion only.

Excellent post SapphireSteel!!

This pretty much sums up exactly my opinion of what transpired that evening and why it went the way it did.

To me it is no co-incidence that of all the children that 8 seemingly intelligent and well-educated adults left alone night after night, the only one to go missing was the only one who was mobile and not restrained in a cot. And it happened to be in an apt where a HRD and a blood dog hit behind the sofa which was placed under a window on a tile floor.

In a way, I understand their "reasoning" at the time too. Even though I may vehemently disagree with it. As panicked as I'm sure they were, this was the best case scenario they could come up with on the fly to save themselves (all of them because they all were guilty of gross neglect of their children that week) and their families and reputations IMO and since everything that transpired after the fact was a first (the media interest, the fund etc.) they could never have known how huge this would all get.

I think the witnesses coming out of the bar did see Gerry disposing of Madeleine and I really think it's as simple as that. Gerry took control of everything, including the other couples, promising that everything was going to be fine if they just followed his lead. This I truly believe.

MOO

Thanks! Hearing that makes a change from the reaction my posts usually get!

I originally thought "accidental" until I undertook to educate myself on some of the behaviours after the event.

I too constantly struggle with the opinion I have, that they could be so cold, so conniving, so greedy for media and money afterwards, is because they are simply put, a pair of psychopaths.

Psychopathy does occur in people of high intelligence more often than the rest of us. They met at University doing medicine, there is no doubt that they are both very intelligent people.

So why did they do such a breath-takingly stupid thing, night after night, in the first place?

Would they recommend it to their own patients? Kate as a GP surely had experience of telling people that prevention is better than cure when it comes to little children and unsupervised accidents?

None of it makes sense, at all, unless you consider that they may not have actually loved their children like normal people do, and that (even subconsiously), someone planned for Madeleine to not come back from her holiday.

Then it all falls into place.

Well yes, only a psychopath could come upon the accidental death of their own child due to their own selfish negligence and have their one and only thought be "how is this going to affect ME?". And then act accordingly.

And continue to manipulate for attention and money for themselves years later without ever having admitted to themselves or anyone else that they are in fact responsible for whatever happened to their daughter, accidental or otherwise.

MOO

From the McCann Expresso Interview -

"Q – Were you surprised when you were made arguidos?
Kate – It was not surprising after weeks with the media saying that we were suspects. And there we have to ask why the information that reached the media was disfigured. Why do the newspapers say that blood was found in the apartment when the police report does not confirm it? Why was it said that the DNA that was found in the car was a 100% match with Madeleine’s?

(ed. talk about splitting hairs)

Gerry – In a way, we would like to have been accused so we could defend ourselves openly. Now, reading the process, there is no evidence that justifies the suspicion, apart from the dogs’ action. There was never a sustained explanation. And the questioning: ‘What happened to Madeleine? How did you get rid of her? Who helped you? Where did you put her? All fantasy!

If they had found DNA – so what?

And if Madeleine had hurt herself inside the apartment – why would that be our fault?"

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2008/09/mccanns-in-expresso-interview.html

Incredible statements for a grieving father to make.

He completely ignores the existence of the Smiths, disregards the dogs, and doesn't even turn a hair at the almost certain knowledge they found cadaverine, most likely from his little daughter. His haste to shift blame and go on the defensive is almost indecent.

I wonder where all is will end, god forbid it will turn out another ramsey case

I wonder where all is will end, god forbid it will turn out another ramsey case

It already is UK Ramsey...if you know a lot about the two cases the similarities are almost uncanny. It's as though the Ramsey wrote the script, and the McCanns followed it.

However, as time passes, history will begin to judge them, just as it did the Ramseys.

People are not stupid, and they usually know when they're being lied to...or they figure it out eventually.

In both cases, one of the more glaring facts is that these offences have never been repeated.

There was never another attack on another little girl in Colorado, there has never been another abduction in Portugal.

Everything we know about monsters who steal and abuse children tells us they don't stop at one.

Any sort of organised child stealing ring would also surely have repeated the act also, at some point over the last 5 years.

The cadaver dogs tell us Madeleine died in 5a, which pretty much makes abducting her afterwards completely pointless...what's a pedophile going to do with a dead child?

Likewise Jonbenet's "abductors" killed her instead of demanding a ransom.

There is just so much that doesn't add up. Both sets of parents clammed up and lawyered up, within hours, and refused to answer questions or cooperate. Both sets had connections in very high places, which they used to full advantage. They both used the media. They attacked the investigators. Both crimes occurred in previously safe and peaceful environments, with inexperienced police forces. Both crime scenes were contaminated by friends who should have known better. Both centre around a beautiful little girl and her mother, with a controlling father in the background.

These babies need justice.

There was never another attack on another little girl in Colorado, there has never been another abduction in Portugal.

(Bold mine.)

I went looking for a source for that statement... this article claims that in 2009 most missing children and teens were runaways or custody cases with only one abduction by someone other than relatives or foster families. However, there is this article from the Sun that says that "official figures" reveal that thirty children have gone missing since 2007. I'd like to know their sources since they don't address it in the article and claim that Portuguese LE didn't talk to them. It may not contradict the 2009 article because it's possible that those 30 people were not abduction cases.

I don't know how to link to website translations from Google translate so the first article is the Portuguese original.

It already is UK Ramsey...if you know a lot about the two cases the similarities are almost uncanny. It's as though the Ramsey wrote the script, and the McCanns followed it.

However, as time passes, history will begin to judge them, just as it did the Ramseys.

People are not stupid, and they usually know when they're being lied to...or they figure it out eventually.

In both cases, one of the more glaring facts is that these offences have never been repeated.

Everything we know about monsters who steal and abuse children tells us they don't stop at one.

Any sort of organised child stealing ring would also surely have repeated the act also, at some point over the last 5 years.

The cadaver dogs tell us Madeleine died in 5a, which pretty much makes abducting her afterwards completely pointless...what's a pedophile going to do with a dead child?

Likewise Jonbenet's "abductors" killed her instead of demanding a ransom.

There is just so much that doesn't add up. Both sets of parents clammed up and lawyered up, within hours, and refused to answer questions or cooperate. Both sets had connections in very high places, which they used to full advantage. They both used the media. They attacked the investigators. Both crimes occurred in previously safe and peaceful environments, with inexperienced police forces. Both crime scenes were contaminated by friends who should have known better. Both centre around a beautiful little girl and her mother, with a controlling father in the background.

These babies need justice.

im sick to the back teeth of the mccanns and there lies and money grabbing lies for five years now i just hope they get their commupance and i have every sing,e faith they will be, do u know why? Because theyhave slagged off every person who tried to help, then went on persecute the policeman in the case, and then threaten anyone who doubted them,imo theyare disgusting human beings whose only regard is money

Ive never heard them like NORMAL parents saying the not knowing is agony they said from the first day there is no evidence she is harmed like they bloody knew but also supporting all the paedo theories i think they are psychopaths myself its easy to see
They make me sick and i shall not waste another second of my time on them but will wait to see them injail which is the ONLY place for them and the sooner it happens the better

going to take a break from here as its now a fact that

The mccanns are liars
The cadaver dog alerted to their home and clothes
There is no evidence of any abductor
The Mccans have lied and made money and hidden it
kate and gerry mccann should ring lisa irwins mother and swap notes, good luck to themLOL
As for ramsey why leave their kid in the house murdered if they did it
Good luck gerry pinnochio and kate liars you shouldnt have coverered up the death of madeleine you will reap it all and cant wait

the mccanns are disgusting when they say its ok to leave three babies alone 150 metres away and leave them in a strange place out of ear and eyeshot, thats exactly what they said is fine and OK
and then have the brass neck to accuse police officers of ignoring the golden hour going missing when two hours between her going missing befween when police arrived, as if they actuallyKNEW when she went missing and police arricing, they disnt call police for at least 40 minutes, yawn

I am leaving the manipulating lying mccanns now and hope karma gets them
i will open a bottle of champers on the day for SURE
Their dead daughter needs justiceandnot spin doctors shame on them

parents def involved and liars in this case definitely, as the uk police said, i quot, NOTHING in the files exonerates them, clear for all to see

I hope all the people the mccanns maligned get their own back i sincerely do and they deserve it all
Oh and fhe mccNns stop CHarging people to download posters when loads of people akready donTed for this thieves

I would be as frustrated as hell if I lived in Britain.

Keep the faith CB, the truth will out. It always does, in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odiwakar