McCanns Leave PT Sunday 09.09.07

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that they are allowed to travel as no bail conditions were imposed but I think it is probably good PR that if there are charges pending then they should be allowed to return the twins to family first.

Good PR for whom? My understanding is the people of portugal no longer are compelty supportive of the Mccaans nor or the people of England. The repuation of PLE is not dependent on them being nice to suspects in a childs dissapearance. If anything the public might find it disconcerning that they be alowed to leave the country after being declared formal suspects. I doubt LE is happy about the Mccaans going back to Enlgand now but their laws alow it. There is no reason for the twins to be returned to family. Family should be comming to portugal now to care for the twins and support the parents. There are huge advances for better or worse going on rearding there child, niece, granchilds dissapareance going on in portugal now and now is when they choose to leave the country??

mjak

Good PR for whom? My understanding is the people of portugal no longer are compelty supportive of the Mccaans nor or the people of England. The repuation of PLE is not dependent on them being nice to suspects in a childs dissapearance. If anything the public might find it disconcerning that they be alowed to leave the country after being declared formal suspects. I doubt LE is happy about the Mccaans going back to Enlgand now but their laws alow it. There is no reason for the twins to be returned to family. Family should be comming to portugal now to care for the twins and support the parents. There are huge advances for better or worse going on rearding there child, niece, granchilds dissapareance going on in portugal now and now is when they choose to leave the country??

mjak
Well I accept that police don't get sentimental when it comes to suspects but what is the point in leaving babies alone in a foreign country & virtually homeless as the lease of the villa runs out on Tuesday?
I expect that if they intend to arrest the McCanns it makes more sense that the children are at home & well cared for. They could be remanded in custody. It would be silly for family to have to move to Portugal to take care of the children if that were to happen with all the inconvenience & expense.
The police have nothing to lose in letting them return to UK as there is an extradition treaty within the EU so if they do not return when asked they would be arrested & taken back forcibly.

expense.
The police have nothing to lose in letting them return to UK as there is an extradition treaty within the EU so if they do not return when asked they would be arrested & taken back forcibly.

The police take the risk that the Mccaans may never return to Portugal. Extradition treaty is a legal right to have them returned but it i s meaningless if the parents choose not to cooperate with it. It just complicates things greatly to have your suspects in a different country. Of more consequence to me if I was these parents now is the time I would be moving in to the police station using my rights as a suspect to et every bit of evidence to to me Now would not be the time I wold be distancing myself.

mjak

The police take the risk that the Mccaans may never return to Portugal. Extradition treaty is a legal right to have them returned but it i s meaningless if the parents choose not to cooperate with it. It just complicates things greatly to have your suspects in a different country. Of more consequence to me if I was these parents now is the time I would be moving in to the police station using my rights as a suspect to et every bit of evidence to to me Now would not be the time I wold be distancing myself.

mjak
I think they can be forcibly put on the plane to Portugal but I absolutely agree with you, this was not the time to leave.

Perhaps they have come home just to talk privately to get their stories totally straight, they are probably aware that the villa may be bugged but it is unlikely that the police in UK gained entry to bug the house there i think.

Thanks, Moon Goddess, for all the inside info and eyewitness reports. You are a gem!

Thanks, Petra, for clearing that up about extradition. It's good to know that the UK and Portugal have a mutual extradition agreement.

You are welcome, pinkhammer.

A big thank you from me to MG.

Perhaps they have come home just to talk privately to get their stories totally straight, they are probably aware that the villa may be bugged but it is unlikely that the police in UK gained entry to bug the house there i think.

I just realised your nik is banaby, lol. I love Barnaby Jones so nice to meet you. I think you could be right that they wanted to put some security distance between then and PLE but I think LE in England is fully cooperating with PLE and I would not be suprised if they did bug there home.

mjak

I think they can be forcibly put on the plane to Portugal but I absolutely agree with you, this was not the time to leave.

Yes, the UK LE have the legal authority to arrest them and bring them back to PT if they are called back and to not go on their own.

And UK LE are bound to do so by the Euro Arrest Agreement.
==========================quoting myself post 16

Yes, they would have to go back. There is a Euro Arrest Agreement, both PT and UK have signed. Other Euro-Scandic countries have had an agreement previously in place.

http://europa.eu/scadplus/leg/en/lvb/l33167.htm

You are welcome, pinkhammer.

A big thank you from me to MG.

You are so very welcome:blowkiss:

I truly wish I had the energy to post more, I am so drained, I have been emotionally and spiritually involved in this since the beginning, it has taken its toll on me...

I found it incredibly sad being out there, but I do think we are close to the truth now...

I feel Kate could crack this week and Gerry will have to say where he laid her...

Diane

You are so very welcome:blowkiss:

I truly wish I had the energy to post more, I am so drained, I have been emotionally and spiritually involved in this since the beginning, it has taken its toll on me...

I found it incredibly sad being out there, but I do think we are close to the truth now...

I feel Kate could crack this week and Gerry will have to say where he laid her...

Diane

Hi MG! I have been reading alot the last couple of days and I have to say that I've appreciated reading your posts.
Since you have been on this case from the beginning, do you have a theory as to what happened? And if one or both of the parents had something to do with Maddie's death, what do you suppose they did with her?

Diane,

What is your feeling on this? Do you think the McCanns buried Madeleine or threw her in the ocean?

Hi MG! I have been reading alot the last couple of days and I have to say that I've appreciated reading your posts.
Since you have been on this case from the beginning, do you have a theory as to what happened? And if one or both of the parents had something to do with Maddie's death, what do you suppose they did with her?

Diane,

What is your feeling on this? Do you think the McCanns buried Madeleine or threw her in the ocean?

Hi jilly and Cali:blowkiss:

I have believed from the very beginning (colomom can verify) that Madeleine died as a result of an accident in the apartment, I feel this was bought on by Gerrys temper as she was playing up because she knew they were going out to party, I do believe she had been sedated but I dont believe this is what killed her, I feel Gerry grabbed her in a rage and she smacked her head and even possibly broke her neck, they knew as Dr's that they couldn't deny the way she died (and sedatives in the system) and they went into a blind panic. I believe he took control, Kate cleaned the apartment and he went and hid her, I feel it happened at bathtime @6.37 and he had her hidden by 8pm in a remote spot within a few miles of the apartment, I do feel he must have had use of a car at that time because I feel he took her out of the apartment in a suitcase and put it in the back of a car (NOT the one he later hired) I haven't been able to verify his having the use of a car, but I feel he could already have hold of some car keys (from the 'swinging' time they were having) or he could have asked one of the other group to borrow it as he had to run an errand?

I think Madeleine is laying in barren/scrubland or parkland, I really dont believe (and having been there cant see how or where he could have thrown her into the sea) I dont think that would fit the profile of a father who had accidently killed his child, he was her father at the end of the day and didn't intend for this to happen, I cant see that he could dispose of her in a bin, as I mentioned I could not see anywhere near the church where she could be....

I think she must be wrapped in a sheet/blanket or large towel as he couldn't bare to look at what he had done, she could even still be in the suitcase or one of those 'clothes protectors' - you know the ones you use to protect suits/dresses when travelling... there are rocks everywhere in these remote spots and he could have placed rocks/large cement blocks on top of her...

I think they will find her and am incredibly anxious to know where...

This is getting a bit long but just quickly to say, I think Kate will confess, I think the PJ could know its Gerry but is seeing if Kate will crack if they imply it is her, or if Gerry will stand by and let her take the wrap for it... once she has confessed he will have no choice but to lead the PJ to her little body - I think they should be the ones responsible for at last giving their child the proper burial she deserves...

All unbelievable I know, to think these two could have gone to dinner after their child had just been laid out somewhere... I dont think they have fully come to terms with it themselves, they are in utter denial...

ALL IMHO of course...

Diane

And now you know why we consider ourselves "Soul Sisters"....

Very good, MG. Now copy and paste....into Theories.

:blowkiss:

MG:blowkiss: Thank you for responding with such detail. I've done a lot of reading this past couple of days. I just posted to Calikid on another thread that I'm "inclined" to slide off the fence, however, after reading your theory (which makes perfect sense), I've totally jumped off.

I don't feel good about it, but, it's all adding up.

where the body was hidden for 25 days. If this is true, it most have been a safe place. Why did they wait so long to dispose of the body?

And where were the twins while the parents were traveling in Europe?

Geez Louise this case is very baffling. And if true that the parents were involved why did it happen? And when and why and where?

Diane,

Denial- that's something to consider. Denial + Narcissism = "I didn't do it". It could even mean they've convinced themselves that Madeleine really isn't dead.

Diane,

Denial- that's something to consider. Denial + Narcissism = "I didn't do it". It could even mean they've convinced themselves that Madeleine really isn't dead.
They need to see a doctor and get help, (couldnt help myself).

Diane,

Hi Cali:blowkiss:

I honestly feel there is a lot of denial involved - Kates mother has quoted her daughter as saying "I cant believe this is happening to me, I feel like I'm in a film" - as you know I do believe this was an accident, I honestly feel they have been in major denial from the start and have even convinced themselves it didn't happen... very deep and disturbing...

It has been claimed that the police have trained body language experts observing the interviews and it has been reported that the police are using psychologists to also observe the interviews, they put a question to them that they know is not the truth and observe the response, (check to see if body language IS confirming that couldn’t have happened) all this is aiding the PJ to try and find out what happened – does that make sense?

Its only now that they may be anywhere near facing up to what happened, because its only now that they have been faced with it, all these messages of support from public, press and celebrities have only re-inforced in their own minds that this couldn’t have happened...

They are going to need years of therapy and only when they have faced up to it will they ever be anywhere near healing..

What a terrible mess....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member