MD MD - Baltimore, BlkMale 35-45, UP1423, Pierced Ears, Painted Nails, Fem Shoes w/low heels, Dec'94

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
The Doe Network
2199ummd.jpg

Artistic rendering of the victim

Unidentified Male
  • Date of Discovery: December 25, 1994
  • Location of Discovery: Baltimore City County, Baltimore, Maryland
  • Estimated Date of Death: Hours prior
  • State of Remains: Recognizable face
  • Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description
** Listed information is approximate

• Estimated Age: 35-45 years old
  • Race: Unknown
  • Height: 5'8" to 5'10"
  • Weight: 132 lbs.
  • Hair Color: Brown, fine and straight.
  • Eye Color: Brown

• Distinguishing Marks/Features: Pierced ears. Fingernails long and painted. He had lipstick marks on both cheeks. He likely demonstrated signs of chronic illness. Not circumcised.

• Dentals: Available.
  • Fingerprints: Not available.
  • DNA: Not available. Unknown. Available.
Clothing & Personal Items
  • Clothing: White T-shirt, green turtleneck worn backward, blue jeans, brown belt, brown shoes (low heel, feminine-looking), blue belt, black pouch, and a blue baseball cap.

• Jewelry: Silver ring worn on left 4th finger.

• Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Case History
The victim was found lying in a parking lot in the 400 block of Marion Alley in Baltimore.

Investigating Agency(s)
If you have any information about this case please contact;

• Agency Name: Maryland State Police
  • Agency Contact Person: Maryland Center for the Missing & Unidentified
  • Agency Phone Number: 410-290-1620
  • Agency Name: Maryland Office of the Chief Medical Examiner
  • Agency Contact Person: Charlotte Romero
  • Agency Phone Number: 410-333-3254

• Agency Case Number: 94-07517
  • NCIC Case Number: N/A
  • Former Hot Case Number: 1097
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Information Source(s)
The Doe Network: 2199UMMD

He likely demonstrated signs of chronic illness.

Is this veiled speech for HIV/AIDS or perhaps signs of drug use or advanced cancer…? The person was certainly quite thin. If the face were recognizable, I wish they’d show a postmortem. It might give a better sense of how this person wanted to present their gender and their ethnic background. Very little info about this case online.

Aren’t most men in the US circumcised? (Asking because in Europe it’s rather rare unless you are muslim or jewish)

Could it mean he was raised Catholic?

Also, was he wearing two belts (a brown one and a blue one)?

It might be an idea to spread his recon in LGBTQ+ organisations located in Baltimore.

I thought maybe this guy. His stats are in the range.. sadly the photo is sort of blurred but it almost looks like he has an earring. also looks sort of like hi hair is straightened. His beard and mustache seem similar to the UID, it grows around the chin not on the chin. In his younger photo his earlobes seem similar to the UID.

The Lost & The Found

John Tensley
View on NamUs
Date last seen May 1, 1992
Age last seen 40 years old
Sex Male
Race Black/African American
Ethnicity Unsure
Nickname/Alias Treebird
Circumstances: Sister stated that she last spoke to Tensley in May of 1992 and has not seen or heard from since that time.

City last seen Little Rock
County last seen Pulaski
State last seen Arkansas

Weight 160 to 160 lbs
Height 70 to 70 inches

Hair color Black
Head hair
Body hair
Facial hair
Left eye color Brown
Right eye color Brown
Eye description
Amputations
Deformities
Scars and marks Scars on both arms, right leg, and right wrist.

Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail

The Lost & The Found

Missing Person Case

Thanks for the thread!
Wondering if the hair is normally kinky and has been straightened, if not- could this be a South East Asian person?

Yes dotr, I was thinking about his hair also if it was chemically straightened .. I wish there was a post mortem so you could see his hair and his face clearer!!!.
I blew up the recon and it almost looks like he has 2 small moles on the top of his forehead and one over his right eyebrow.
Also looks like his nose may have been broken at one point, and lastly I noticed his ears are rather small and stick out toward the bottom.

upload_2018-12-26_23-33-57.png

Last edited:
I came across this guy. His teeth look sort of like they have the same gap and he ears sort of have the same look as the UID. he was a little taller but disappeared in 1987.

Keith Childress
View on NamUs
Date last seen Oct. 19, 1987
Age last seen 22 to 23 years old
Sex Male
Ethnicity Unsure
Nickname/Alias
Circumstances: He attended church the morning of October 18, 1987 and hasn't been since leaving the services. Keith previously hitch hiked to California.

City last seen Chicago Heights
County last seen Cook
State last seen Illinois

Weight 200 to 205 lbs
Height 70 to 73 inches
Hair color Black

Left eye color Brown
Right eye color Brown

Thumbnail
Thumbnail

The Lost & The Found

Last edited:
I found this guy missing from Dec 4 1994. he was 40. Again I see some similarities with Judson and the UID. And he also looks like he has and earring. I thought I would bring him here also.

The Lost & The Found

Date last seen Dec. 4, 1994
Age last seen 40 years old
Sex Male
Ethnicity Unsure
Nickname/Alias
Circumstances: On the afternoon of December 4, 1994, Judson Fielding left his mother's residence believed to be traveling to visit relatives at their Delta Manor home. Fielding has not been seen or heard from since.

City last seen Augusta
County last seen Richmond
State last seen Georgia
Weight 100 to 175 lbs
Height 66 to 75 inches
Hair color Black
Head hair Black
Facial hair Mustache
Left eye color Brown
Right eye color Brown
Eye description Brown
Thumbnail

I came across this guy. His teeth look sort of like they have the same gap and he ears sort of have the same look as the UID. he was a little taller but disappeared in 1987.

Keith Childress
View on NamUs
Date last seen Oct. 19, 1987
Age last seen 22 to 23 years old
Sex Male
Ethnicity Unsure
Nickname/Alias
Circumstances: He attended church the morning of October 18, 1987 and hasn't been since leaving the services. Keith previously hitch hiked to California.

City last seen Chicago Heights
County last seen Cook
State last seen Illinois

Weight 200 to 205 lbs
Height 70 to 73 inches
Hair color Black

Left eye color Brown
Right eye color Brown

Thumbnail
Thumbnail

The Lost & The Found

Out of the three you suggested, I think this guy fits the UID best.

Judson’s ears look bigger than the UIDs’s to me
Tensley’s pictures are too blurry for me to really say anything about them. But for some reason, I don’t think it’s him.

Also, nice catch on the moles on his forehead and the possibly broken nose. I hadn’t noticed either before but I think you’re totally right about them!

Aren’t most men in the US circumcised? (Asking because in Europe it’s rather rare unless you are muslim or jewish)

It might be an idea to spread his recon in LGBTQ+ organisations located in Baltimore.

Circumcision is a complicated issue today, but you are right it is unusual. The UID would have been born in the 1950's or 1960's. According to this website 90% of male infants in the US were circumcised in 1959: History of Circumcision
The UID being uncircumcised may indicate he is from another country or is a religious minority that does not practice circumcision.

Thanks for the observations. What I see/think

PM: hours, he/she has facial hair on the recon. Beard grow came back during the morning hours....? Or he/she presented him/herself as a mix of both genders.
In the recon it looks like he/she wears eyes make up (eyeliner up and under the eyes)
The nose looks crooked, being broken in the past seems a good explanation
What was the cause of death? Chronically illness? Natural? A little vague.
Lipstick marks on both cheeck. Like being kissed by someone wearing lipstick or using it as rouge? Samples taken? Could be used for DNA nowadays.
Silver ring on 4th left finger, usually the place you wear a wedding ring. What kind of ring? Inscriptions?
Ears and dentals are quit recognizable.
Pierced ears...so both of them....any earrings? Guess not or they would have mentioned that.
Maybe this person was in the process of changing gender.
Not circumcised, like LeenC said, standard in Europe except for Moslims and Jews. What is the standard in America?
Straight hair, it's stated he was black American, curly hair is dominant, could have straightened it....a thing to think about.
Was he/she robbed? Pouch near the body. Was there anything in the pouch left?
Green turtle neck worn backwards...was he/she redressed by somebody else...or just a mistake...quickly redressed...

Last edited:
The straight hair makes me wonder about a mixed race background of Hispanic with African genes. Perhaps the UID could have originally come from a Caribbean Island country? This would be a good case to suggest to DNA Doe Project if anyone is in contact with them.

The blue belt was found near the body, the brown one on the body. Maybe he/she used it to shoot heroine?

Last edited:
In response to the circumcision question, it was uncommon in the US until roughly WWII. Afterward, it was most common among white men, less so among men of African descent, and even less so among other ethnic groups. I found several articles about circumcision rates in the US, including this one, which covers the relevant time period (roughly the 1950s, if the age estimate is accurate) of this man's birth--rates ranged from 31.2% among black male babies in the South, to 68.2% in the Northwest. So this information might either be unhelpful, or indicate that the man was more likely to be born in the South, if American, or potentially be from the Caribbean (rates < 20% per Wikipedia). Circumcision is actually relatively common in African, where it's practiced by Muslims and several tribal groups, in addition to more recently becoming common in southern African areas that are especially hard-hit by HIV/AIDS.

With two belts, drug use is more likely. He could have developed a chronic illness (like HIV/AIDS) this way.

It seems like the clothing is very mixed. Pierced ears could go either way, long painted nails and heels sounds feminine, jeans and a baseball cap sounds masculine. The nails tell us he was likely not a stranger to dressing as a woman and had probably been doing so for a period of time. Maybe he was a crossdresser/drag queen and not trans. Maybe he was just doing his own thing with what he liked. We can't assume and should be open to possibilities here.

As was mentioned, I'm also curious about the lipstick marks. If they were kisses, he likely came from a social event (Christmas party?). If he was using lipstick as rouge, I wonder if he was wearing any other makeup.

Any thoughts on the turtleneck being worn backwards? Could someone else have dressed him postmortem?

The lip stick marks on both cheeks is so vague . I was under the assumption it was used as rouge but now Iam reading people's comments and thinking Kisses. All these profiles are always so vague ugh.

Thanks for the observations. What I see/think

PM: hours, he/she has facial hair on the recon. Beard grow came back during the morning hours....? Or he/she presented him/herself as a mix of both genders.
In the recon it looks like he/she wears eyes make up (eyeliner up and under the eyes)
The nose looks crooked, being broken in the past seems a good explanation
What was the cause of death? Chronically illness? Natural? A little vague.
Lipstick marks on both cheeck. Like being kissed by someone wearing lipstick or using it as rouge? Samples taken? Could be used for DNA nowadays.
Silver ring on 4th left finger, usually the place you wear a wedding ring. What kind of ring? Inscriptions?
Ears and dentals are quit recognizable.
Pierced ears...so both of them....any earrings? Guess not or they would have mentioned that.
Maybe this person was in the process of changing gender.
Not circumcised, like LeenC said, standard in Europe except for Moslims and Jews. What is the standard in America?
Straight hair, it's stated he was black American, curly hair is dominant, could have straightened it....a thing to think about.
Was he/she robbed? Pouch near the body. Was there anything in the pouch left?
Green turtle neck worn backwards...was he/she redressed by somebody else...or just a mistake...quickly redressed...

You posted so many good questions.!! I am actually wondering if he was in the range of 45 to 65. Black men straightening their hair was more common prior to the late 1960s . So Iam thinking that would make him in his teens 20s in the 1950s and the 30s in the 1960s . Started straightening his hair early on and kept with that style for the rest of the years. just some thoughts I have been having.

Also wondering if he was reported missing and just happens to be one of the missing persons with NoPhotos. I have not looked through them as of yet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back