MD - Freddie Gray dies in police custody #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The CNN map is wrong and I find it very difficult to read due to the color selections, but I am sort of into that kind of "information".

Anyhow, the place they say he was arrested, is the place where he looked cockeyed at Lt. Brian Rice and took off with 2 or 3 or 4 cyclists in pursuit. Then what they say is the first stop might be the first stop or it might be the location where he was captured and arrested! With the first stop being one block south. Anyhow, yadda yadda yadda. The map sucks.

And, ... why doesn't the charging document say anything about the second 'suspect' that got away?

I have a friend whose child died in police custody recently . There have been no news reports, no protests, no independent investigations, no rioting, no attention of any kind....... silence..........

I have a friend whose child died in police custody recently . There have been no news reports, no protests, no independent investigations, no rioting, no attention of any kind....... silence..........
Kinda like the case here. It's been 18 months and they just released the LEO name.

I think the major exposure for all of these major protests is the fact they are so highly media-lized...everyone has cell or cctv footage all over the place. Usually, if the family is outraged, they will request an investigation. The riots in many of these places have a long history of police treating someone, because of the color of their skin, totally different and more harshly than people who are not persons of color. Over the course of these last few months, I've seen many more examples, with my eyes on tv/youtube, the way people of color (and people in general) have been treated by many law enforcement officers. That is not to say there are no good officers who do their job well. Though, there are many unstable persons who gravitate towards positions of power to brutalize others. One such example is the NY police officer that was planning to cannibalize people.
There's really a lot involved, socially.

Anyway, from my views of the footage of Freddie on tv, he seems to have no-to-limited use of his extremities, and having worked with individuals who have had neurological injuries, this is a giant flat to me that he had sustained neurological damage prior to riding in the van.

A little banging. Four seconds. That could have been the police issuing Freddy's final beatdown.

IMO, Freddy was beaten to inevitable death and was THEN placed in leg shackles to make his beating death appear to be warranted.

According to the timeline the shackles were put on in the first stop. Then there was the mystery stop then a stop to check on Mr Gray. The second prisoner wasn't put into the van until the last stop. 3 of those 4 stops show in the log, that's how they knew the exact times. So your scenario doesn't fit the timeline.

The mayor is unbelievable and she always has that blank look. (on FOX)

I think the major exposure for all of these major protests is the fact they are so highly media-lized...everyone has cell or cctv footage all over the place. Usually, if the family is outraged, they will request an investigation. The riots in many of these places have a long history of police treating someone, because of the color of their skin, totally different and more harshly than people who are not persons of color. Over the course of these last few months, I've seen many more examples, with my eyes on tv/youtube, the way people of color (and people in general) have been treated by many law enforcement officers. That is not to say there are no good officers who do their job well. Though, there are many unstable persons who gravitate towards positions of power to brutalize others. One such example is the NY police officer that was planning to cannibalize people.
There's really a lot involved, socially.

Anyway, from my views of the footage of Freddie on tv, he seems to have no-to-limited use of his extremities, and having worked with individuals who have had neurological injuries, this is a giant flat to me that he had sustained neurological damage prior to riding in the van.

I'm confused. This has become an issue of race. Reports of mistreatment of local persons of color. Yet from what I have read Baltimore PD is racially mixed, with a large portion being persons of color. The police commissioner is a person of color. The mayor and state's attorney are persons of color. So where is the racial issue? Is all of the alleged mistreatment being done only by white officers? If so how are they getting by with it when it goes in front of the comissioner? Do we know the race of the suspended officers?

Is this really a race issue? Or is it really more of a suspect vs. Cop issue?

Just an update on Baltimore. There have been like 13 shootings since Tuesday with 6 being fatal. One happened about 30 minutes ago on Mosher, about where the unknown stop was at. But, hey, the protests are peaceful.

I'm confused. This has become an issue of race. Reports of mistreatment of local persons of color. Yet from what I have read Baltimore is racially mixed, with a large portion being persons of color. The police commissioner is a person of color. The mayor and state's attorney are persons of color. So where is the racial issue? Is all of the alleged mistreatment being done only by white officers? If so how are they getting by with it when it goes in front of the comissioner? Do we know the race of the suspended officers?

I think it is a class issue but that is just MOO.

At least one of the cops was AA. The relative who gave the interview said her relative officer was AA.

Just an update on Baltimore. There have been like 13 shootings since Tuesday with 6 being fatal. One happened about 30 minutes ago on Mosher, about where the unknown stop was at. But, hey, the protests are peaceful.

Community members said they wanted to police their own neighborhood. Evidently they are.

So, some information is beginning to leak out in MSM articles on FG's injuries.

Freddie Gray killed after head 'slammed into bolt in back of police van', say reports

Freddie Gray sustained his fatal injuries inside a police van when his head slammed into a bolt in the back of the vehicle, a Baltimore TV news station has reported after claiming to have received multiple briefings on a police report and the interim findings of the medical examiner’s office reviewing the 25-year-old’s death.

An injury on Gray’s head is said to have matched a bolt in the back of the police van, according to ABC local news, who also reported that the only police officer involved in Gray’s arrest and detention yet to have provided an account to the police was the van’s driver.

BBM

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fr...-in-back-of-police-van-say-reports/ar-BBiXIAC

So, what is being described in this article, and by commentators such as Dr. Kobilinsky (ME) of CNN, is that there was indeed a serious head injury. I think it's entirely possible the cervical fracture damage is as a result of that head injury-- axial loading, resulting in a specific kind of fracture called a "burst fracture." Burst fractures are a result of high velocity axial impact.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burst_fracture

There have also been comments that he may have been in a full cardiac arrest at the van scene-- IDK yet if that's been confirmed.

Keep in mind that the head injury could have been intentional (slamming him into the van while handcuffed and unable to break his fall), or as a result of him struggling and breaking free and falling while being placed in the van, or due to rough driving (intentional, or accidental) and his head impacting the bolt.

So while we know a little more, we still don't know what caused the head impact.

And no one is talking about laryngeal damage today. There is also no mention of FG being "beaten", as some posters have speculated. That will be in the autopsy if there are signs-- but remember, FG was in the hospital a week before he died.

According to the autopsy on Gray, there is no evidence that Gray hit his head against anything on his own. His fatal neck and spinal injury was a kin to the type suffered in a car accident; it needed that amount of force and energy.

Sources have told the 11 News I-Team that by the time Allen was loaded into the van, Gray was unresponsive.Citiwatch camera video shows officers looking into the Gray's side of the van with the doors fully open.

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/second-man-in-police-transport-van-speaks-out/32669692

How could Donta have heard the banging if FG was already dead?

I live in the area but an hour away if that makes sense. It has been over 20 years since I was a city resident but even though I am in the area that might make me more of in the DC corridor I have always frequented Bmore. Now I have to go to Bmore for medical care for a loved one and I will say, it is very scary to have to go into the hospital surrounded by the Maryland National Guard and Maryland State Police. Comforting and disconcerting. Let us all wait for the evidence. I was attacked in the city many, many years ago but right now is when I am afraid....I just have to take chances .....

I'm confused. This has become an issue of race. Reports of mistreatment of local persons of color. Yet from what I have read Baltimore PD is racially mixed, with a large portion being persons of color. The police commissioner is a person of color. The mayor and state's attorney are persons of color. So where is the racial issue? Is all of the alleged mistreatment being done only by white officers? If so how are they getting by with it when it goes in front of the comissioner? Do we know the race of the suspended officers?

It has to be a race issue in order to gin up the outrage. Look up Gil Collar. Where were the media and rioters and looters when he was killed? Why no Al or Jesse? Rhetorical questions of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89