Identified! MD - Glen Burnie, WhtMale Skeletal 29UMMD, 18-30, in trash can, Apr'85 - Roger Kelso

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hey guys. I just wanted to let you all know that Oscar’s identity should be released next week. He was a member of my family. I cannot say much else about the details. (I don’t even know all the details) The letter will be published next week with real pictures of him. Thanks for your concern.
Welcome to Ws HardyBoy, looking forward to the additional information, thanks!

Hey guys. I just wanted to let you all know that Oscar’s identity should be released next week. He was a member of my family. I cannot say much else about the details. (I don’t even know all the details) The letter will be published next week with real pictures of him. Thanks for your concern.
Thank you for letting us know.

Welcome to Websleuths, HardyBoy! We're sorry for your loss, but are glad to have you here and that you were able to find answers.

anne-arundel-1985-john-doe.png

Can somebody post the transcripts from the media conference? I’m at work right now and I’d like to see who Oscar Doe actually is.

Anne Arundel County police, utilizing the newest forensic technology, have identified a homicide victim from a 34-year-old cold case as Roger Hearne Kelso.

He left his residence in 1962 or 1963 and was never seen again, police said, and evidence suggests Kelso was killed around the same time.

The remains were discovered when a construction crew was clearing a lot to build the Marley Station Mall in 1985. The department’s cold case unit has been working on the case for 34 years, police said.

Police said they believe the remains are Kelso’s and that he was 19 or 20 years old at the time of his disappearance...

The remains were discovered when a construction crew was clearing a lot to build the Marley Station Mall in 1985. The department’s cold case unit has been working on the case for 34 years, police said....

LINK:

Anne Arundel police identify man in cold case from 1985 as Glen Burnie native

End of Summer 1962, Roger went to family and said he was going to be leaving for awhile. So no filed missing persons report was done. Fall of 1963, he failed to show up for a family gathering.

Roger was found with 7 coins in his pocket, with the latest date being 1963.

They believe Roger was murdered in 1963-ish, buried in the trash can for 22 year before being found. Wow.

Identification of "Oscar" as Roger Hearne Kelso who disappeared in 1962 or 63 is a major step. Now - who killed him and where was his body hidden for such a long time?

He was missing for about 23 years before the body was found.

"New technology has helped Anne Arundel County Police identify a body found in a trash can in 1985 as Roger Kelso, a Glen Burnie High School graduate.

On April 23, 1985, construction workers clearing the site of Marley Station Mall found a metal trashcan containing human remains. An autopsy ruled the victim’s death was a homicide caused by severe upper body trauma. Police investigated the discovery but were not able to identify the remains as Kelso until this April after using a new technology called genetic genealogy.

Officials believe Kelso was murdered in 1963 after family members said he failed to show up for a family gathering. They also found a number of coins in the bottom of the trash can, the newest one dated 1963."

Body Found In 1985 Identified As Glen Burnie Man Thanks To New Technology

More detailed article:

"The Anne Arundel County Police Department is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction for Kelso’s killing. Police urge anyone with information to call homicide detectives at 410-222-4731, or if they wish to remain anonymous, the police Tip Line at 410-222-4700.

It’s crucial for people to come forward, police said. No detail is too small and something that may seem inconsequential to a member of the public could lead to justice, they said."

Anne Arundel police identify man in cold case from 1985 as Glen Burnie native

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ginny715
Back