MD MD - Greenbelt, BlkMale 15-25, UP2251, off I-95, deformed teeth, straight jacket, blanket, Aug'81

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
3 UIDs have actually been found at Crownsville... I'm pretty sure I created a thread for them but I'm not 100% sure, if I did I'll link it. So if he was a patient at Crownsville he wouldn't be the first UID related to it.

I also believe he may have been disabled or severely mentally ill, and/or homeless. Due to that I don't think he would've been reported missing.

His DNA has been obtained from a hair sample and submitted into a national database, but in my opinion that’s not enough.

He was found near a beige/white straitjacket bearing an unknown medical insignia and the letters "U.S.", and his decomposing body was wrapped in a light blue bedspread resembling the type found in hospitals and hotels.

There are multiple indicators that this was a vulnerable person.

IMHO Genetic testing needs to be done so that the person who is responsible for this can be held accountable.

Because that person at the very least is responsible for not reporting this gentleman missing, and at worst is accountable for causing them harm…

Last edited:
I look into this extremely sad case every once in a while.

Unfortunately, there just is not much information to identify the young man, or much information in general.

It seems that he was clearly being abused and ultimately discarded in an inhumane way, and it always makes me very, very sad.

Could the insignia possibly be this?

Attachments

• insignia.jpg
    insignia.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 1
If he died in a larger institution like Crownsville or Forest Haven, it makes little sense for him to be dumped off of a highway, IMO. They both had their own cemeteries where patients were buried and it seems like at least Forest Haven buried people in mass graves. People were definitely still being buried at Forest Haven as of 1981, not sure about Crownsville.

Three UIDs have been found on the Crownsville properly while it was operating, but they were found on the property. If this is a death a hospital was trying to conceal, I feel like it would make more sense to quietly bury him in the cemetery than to leave him by the side of a highway where he could easily be found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back