Found Deceased MD - Laura Wallen, 31, pregnant, Olney, 3 Sept 2017 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
idk how they will charge him in the baby's death if current MD law indicates the fetus be viable, although he certainly deserves it.

Agreed. I really wish the law only required knowledge of pregnancy or intent to end pregnancy. It seems like it encourages a person wanting to end a pregnancy to kill early in the pregnancy the way it is written. Does not seem like good policy to me.

I think its slippery slope because if they word it to include first trimester / non viable, then you have the challenges to roe v. wade. just stating why I think they may write laws that way.

They may not be able to charge murder of the baby but could they go for another, lesser, offense related to the pregnancy? If this was a case where he only successfully killed the fetus at 4 months (against mom's will), there must be something they would be able to charge him with for that, right? What would those charges be?

I connected with this story, maybe because she reminds me of me at her age. The hopes and dreams she had. Very, very sad.

I need to ask, how do you deal with stories like this? My paranoia has gone through the roof. Does anyone feel this way? On edge? This story taught me that you can be vigilant, aware, but [emoji90]'s going to go down no matter what. Sad.

BTW, I work in a prison. I thought nothing could effect me or shock me anymore about people. This has in the deepest, profound way. In her death, Laura is still teaching.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not sure they have created one yet.

They may not be able to charge murder of the baby but could they go for another, lesser, offense related to the pregnancy? If this was a case where he only successfully killed the fetus at 4 months (against mom's will), there must be something they would be able to charge him with for that, right? What would those charges be?

I would think they could get him on something in regards to the baby, he said he went to the appointments and sonogram, correct? So he KNOWINGLY also killed that precious baby.

All MOO

I connected with this story, maybe because she reminds me of me at her age. The hopes and dreams she had. Very, very sad.

I need to ask, how do you deal with stories like this? My paranoia has gone through the roof. Does anyone feel this way? On edge? This story taught me that you can be vigilant, aware, but [emoji90]'s going to go down no matter what. Sad.

BTW, I work in a prison. I thought nothing could effect me or shock me anymore about people. This has in the deepest, profound way. In her death, Laura is still teaching.

Thank you

I think all of us at WS can attest that some of these cases never leave us. For most of us there is either one case that brought us here or one case that kept us here, but certainly we all have several that we will never forget and that will always stand out in our memories. The best thing I can do to deal with them is try to help. Especially when something happens locally, or with something as simple as a "share" on social media. We learn a lot here whether we realize it or not. Sometimes we need to step away from a case, sometimes we need time away from them all. But ultimately we are here to help however we can.

Thank you

I also connected with this case from the start. Laura could be my daughter who is also a teacher and engaged with hopes of planning a wedding and having a family. It sure hits home when reading this case. Paranoia? ?oh yes, to the point I'm always telling my kids when they are out to buddy up, .Let someone know who you are with and where you are ..Yes, they chuckle and tell me I read too much but they actually did read a bit on here (WS) and mentioned they were shocked at how many missing people there are and it's real ... not a movie or TV show so they now realize that my fears are real. On a side note like sbhack mentioned, a case brings us here and some we don't forget and most all cases we try to help in some way or another and to me, that is what is most important.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

JMO.... but

I'm not that convinced that she was planning a wedding or as smitten with this man as people seem to believe. I think this man was just a fwb, and that's why she didn't name him on social media, or move him in when she found out she was pregnant, or make huge life altering changes in the last few months, IRT him. I mean, we are talking about a guy who was couch surfing. It would have been so easy for him. If anything she was his golden ticket.

My guess (and only a guess) is that she was just fine with the status quo. And the only reason her and her parents "fought" about him is because her parents wanted her to settle down and get married, and she used him as an example of "See! I'm dating!" to kind of get them off her back, but still they didn't like him. And well, she didn't either, but she had no plans to end up with him. She just likes her life how it is. Then the birth control fails, as it often does.

When SHE doesn't want to make it official that puts HIM in a sticky place. He's been secretly sleeping with her, and become affianced to someone else. If LW will take him on as a not only the baby daddy but husband, he gets all the benefits of that, and all he has to do is break up with his other girlfriend, but if LW doesn't want that then his fiance finds out he's been cheating, he gets no roof over his head, possibly loses both girlfriends, and has to start paying child support? This is unacceptable (to him). Thus, he eliminates one of those scenarios.

A con man will always take the path of least resistance. I don't think Laura was offering that to him. IMO, even if for a brief second she thought he was going to propose it would have been out of character for her to say yes(maybe hormones) because again JMO, but she did not appear in any sort of hurry to invite him to the table (her life).

That actually makes a lot of sense. Having seen friends with benefits (regardless of the TYPE of benefits).... this is how they act on social media.
When it's a REAL relationship they post all about them. When it isn't a high priority for them, they don't. It's that simple.
I often wonder why the GUYS miss that fact.... but they do seem to a lot.

JMO.... but

I'm not that convinced that she was planning a wedding or as smitten with this man as people seem to believe. I think this man was just a fwb, and that's why she didn't name him on social media, or move him in when she found out she was pregnant, or make huge life altering changes in the last few months, IRT him. I mean, we are talking about a guy who was couch surfing. It would have been so easy for him. If anything she was his golden ticket.

My guess (and only a guess) is that she was just fine with the status quo. And the only reason her and her parents "fought" about him is because her parents wanted her to settle down and get married, and she used him as an example of "See! I'm dating!" to kind of get them off her back, but still they didn't like him. And well, she didn't either, but she had no plans to end up with him. She just likes her life how it is. Then the birth control fails, as it often does.

When SHE doesn't want to make it official that puts HIM in a sticky place. He's been secretly sleeping with her, and become affianced to someone else. If LW will take him on as a not only the baby daddy but husband, he gets all the benefits of that, and all he has to do is break up with his other girlfriend, but if LW doesn't want that then his fiance finds out he's been cheating, he gets no roof over his head, possibly loses both girlfriends, and has to start paying child support? This is unacceptable (to him). Thus, he eliminates one of those scenarios.

A con man will always take the path of least resistance. I don't think Laura was offering that to him. IMO, even if for a brief second she thought he was going to propose it would have been out of character for her to say yes(maybe hormones) because again JMO, but she did not appear in any sort of hurry to invite him to the table (her life).

While I agree this makes sense, the one thing that doesn't make sense is that she texted his other girlfriend:

"It's important that some things are cleared up and I imagine that if you were in my position, you'd want some answers as well. By no means is this an attempt at confrontation, just looking for an explanation…woman to woman."

This text, IMO, seems to indicate maybe she wasn't OK with the status quo. I agree that maybe she wasn't as in to this guy as some people want to portray, but she seemed to want some clarity on their relationship (at least by way of talking to his other girlfriend).

New thread coming up.

This thread will be closing in about 10 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aebuser