Found Deceased MD - Michael Bagley, 23, Baltimore, 20 November 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We've got 2 pieces of information about that - last known location was between 0002 and 0026 (approx) within .15 miles of the Thames St. area. Not particularly helpful. We also discovered today that there was an active data transfer occurring between about 9pm 11/19 and about 3:30am on 11/20, which seems contrary to that "last ping" information we were given. Not sure what to make of that. LE were able to look at some more surveillance footage but it was either unhelpful or unusable. They'll be looking at the last ones tomorrow. Further investigation into financial transactions still show nothing after 11/19 (other than some recurring/automated/delayed charges).

Thanks again for the continued prayers!

Thanks for posting K. I don't know what to make of the "active data transfers", but I'm sure there are people on here that can help decipher what that could mean for Michael's case. I live in the area and apart from seeing a number of Facebook posts on groups I am in and small pieces about Michael's disappearance in/on local news I don't think I've seen anything else. Have there been any searches organized? I realize this is a city environment, and aside from the harbor it's not like there are wide open spaces to search, but what about encouraging residents/businesses to check their yards, alleys, behind buildings etc? I keep thinking if this was a young woman who vanished there would be more public awareness/involvement.

That's a really interesting approach. Any thoughts on how to reach out to ask people to do that? My thought would be TV coverage telling people to do it. But there's still vacant buildings/alleys/areas not specifically owned by anyone. Unfortunately, we still don't have any surveillance footage showing he went in a specific direction other than east on Thames, so we'd need to cast a wide net requesting people look around their property.

That's a really interesting approach. Any thoughts on how to reach out to ask people to do that? My thought would be TV coverage telling people to do it. But there's still vacant buildings/alleys/areas not specifically owned by anyone. Unfortunately, we still don't have any surveillance footage showing he went in a specific direction other than east on Thames, so we'd need to cast a wide net requesting people look around their property.

First of all, I am so sorry you are in this position. I am praying for your family.

Secondly, thank you for being active on Webseluths. It is much easier to put the pieces together when we know we have accurate information (vs. rumors or whatever we see on social media).

Some questions:

1. Have you set up a FB page for him missing? Getting the word out is your best bet in situations like this. Set one up and send it to every TV, radio and newspaper in your area. Post about it on local selling sites (those pages on FB where people sell their junk). The more that hear about your brother, the better chance people will be on the lookout.

2. I did a quick google look on what an active data search might be. While not finding a definite answer, it looks like this is something someone would do before they switch to a new phone. Is there any way that your brother is choosing to disappear? (I really hate asking that, but I feel I know the answer....).

3. Is there a girlfriend? Boyfriend? Someone that he might have met up with after the others left?

4. Any drug issues? Mental issues? A man local to me was found right before Thanksgiving, after resurfacing from a binge. Any chance this could be a possibly?

I always worry about young men leaving bars and disappearing :( any water nearby? Lakes, rivers, ponds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could he have maybe had his phone stolen while he was out and thats why there was an active data transfer? Or maybe he was sending his contact info to someone he met that night? I'm just trying to account for the "active data transfer".

Just looked on KBags Facebook page.. looks like it was Michael that was found. So upsetting... I was hoping for a better outcome. I'm so sorry for your loss KBags. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

My heart is so sad for his sister.
(((hugs)))

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This is beyond cruel ...: KBags' and Michael's dad passed away less than six months ago ...:

"Loyola celebrates life of Paul Bagley, Ph.D., associate professor of philosophy, a faculty member who 'endured cheerfully'"
July 14, 2016 | By Nick Alexopulos

"A beloved professor, colleague, and inspirational supporter of Loyola athletics, Paul J. Bagley, Ph.D., associate professor of philosophy at Loyola University Maryland, died in Baltimore on Wednesday, July 13, after a series of recent illnesses. He was 61."

"Snow wasn’t surprised Bagley’s students were crestfallen when they learned he wouldn’t return."

"Bagley is survived by his wife and his children, Katherine, '09, and Michael, '16."
http://www.loyola.edu/news/2016/0714-paul-bagley-obit

KBags, I will be keeping you and Michael in my thoughts and prayers ....

Just saw this thread.

So very sad.

Heartfelt condolences to his sister.

So very sorry Kbags, Prayers to you and your family.

Oh this breaks my heart. I so hoped there would be a different outcome.

I am so sorry, Kbaggs.

I'm so sorry to come back and see this outcome. RIP Michael.

This really is heartbreaking! I know the area well and it's right on the water. We tend to get strong wind gusts and for the most part, the entire area around Harbor Place (up to and including Fells Point) has no barriers from the pedestrian area and the water's edge. One mis-step + some of that blistery cold wind and it would be easy to lose your footing if you were walking along the waterfront.

I am so, so sorry to hear about Michael. :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89