MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay - thanks - I corrected my post. It's still suspicious, kwim?

And what worries me also: if PB was in the shower, alone in the apartment with MJ's little brother... :no:

BINGO

If someone was going to make a move on her that would have been the time.

None of their other explanations make any sense. Why would she go out to eat and not tell her sisters if they already had plans set up? And then to leave her wallet and belongings and go in sock-boots? Makes no sense at all.

And she didn't go back to sleep imo. So I call BS on that. And it makes me suspicious of MJ for saying that.

And why would he come and pick up his bro/cousin and then the bro/cousin comes back again? Why?

So this is worrying me: I wonder when the last phone conversation with DB was? Because somewhere along the line MJ starts his running play-by-play of PB's activities:

- 'she's in the shower'
- 'she's hungry'
- 'she's sleeping'
- 'she's awake'

(BBM and respectfully snipped)
I remember reading about that text from MJ saying "She's up and awake" or something... but can't recall where it actually came from. Anyone recall off-hand?

(BBM and respectfully snipped)
I remember reading about that text from MJ saying "She's up and awake" or something... but can't recall where it actually came from. Anyone recall off-hand?

I posted a link above that georgiajean original posted, stating it came from an early interview with JS and that she heard it from DB, I believe?

ETA:
my post:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - MD MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, believed abducted in Baltimore, 28-Dec-2010 - #2

georgiajean's post I quoted:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - MD MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, believed abducted in Baltimore, 28-Dec-2010 - #10

Okay - thanks - I corrected my post. It's still suspicious, kwim?

And what worries me also: if PB was in the shower, alone in the apartment with MJ's little brother... :no:

I did not get that impression. My impression was she showered and began to get ready for the day after MJ picked up his LBC earlier in the am, if his account of the timeline is accurate.

What I want to know is if MJ left at about 9am with LBC did he tell PB I'm going to drop LBC off and be back in an hour or so to pack and do some laundry, see you later kind of thing, or did he arrive back at the apartment to PB's complete surprise. And then let's tie in the times someone last verbally spoke to PB........

I'm frustrated to no end that LE has not confirmed nor denied who slept at the apartment Monday evening. Nor have they confirmed nor denied who was at the apartment when DB left for work. And whether they can confirm if and when LBC allegedly arrived at another family members house as stated by MJ and if it can be confirmed that a family member other than MJ returned LBC to the apartment...Since we can assume LBC either had no vehicle or he has a vehicle he simply did not have access to that morning because he arrived at the apartment in someone else's vehicle and needed a ride back home to his vehicle.

I'm afraid this case is going to go cold without LE releasing some kind of info other than they have nothing. They have SOMETHING or they could not have narrowed the possible POI list from 20 to 12. Or perhaps they have hit a brick wall and the case is already gone cold. :banghead:

JMO

I did not get that impression. My impression was she showered and began to get ready for the day after MJ picked up his LBC earlier in the am, if his account of the timeline is accurate.

What I want to know is if MJ left at about 9am with LBC did he tell PB I'm going to drop LBC off and be back in an hour or so do pack and do some laundry, see you later kind of thing, or did he arrive back at the apartment to PB's surprise. And then let's tie in the times someone last verbally spoke to PB........

I'm frustrated to no end that LE has not confirmed nor denied who slept at the apartment Monday evening. Nor have they confirmed nor denied who was at the apartment when DB left for work. And whether they can confirm if and when LBC allegedly arrived at another family members house as stated by MJ and if it can be confirmed that a family member other than MJ returned LBC to the apartment...Since we can assume LBC either had no vehicle or he has a vehicle he simply did not have access to that morning because he arrived at the apartment in someone else's vehicle and needed a ride back home to his vehicle.

I'm afraid this case is going to go cold without LE releasing some kind of info other than they have nothing. They have SOMETHING or they could not have narrowed the possible POI list from 20 to 12. Or perhaps they have hit a brick wall and the case is already gone cold. :banghead:

JMO

I guess in my hypothetical timeline, I'm going off the chance the MJ isn't being truthful about picking the little brother up. Of course, it's just speculation.

However, after Hailey's thread, I'm so hung up cell phone pings: I hope LE has checked all the cell phone pings of these people, kwim? I wonder if that's what led to the search the other night... If not, they need to check not just the calls but the pings. I hope they have.

ETA: I wonder if that's why they speculate that she may have been removed from the area - and have even said 'out of state'? (Cell phone pings...)

DB confirmed via the Peas interview she knew LBC was there in the morning when she left for work so he had to leave somehow. I'll assume MJ because I think if MJ was lying and LBC arrived home or had some other means of leaving the apartment outside of MJ someone would have said so.

jmo

snip.....

JMO

From your post, # 177, I read this timeline given by MJ HIMSELF:

MJ's timeline of when he was at the apartment the day PB went missing.

9 something am arrived to pick up his little brother (in this instance MJ said little brother. Previously he stated cousin. Perhaps he calls his cousin little brother... anyhoo this is still a family member of MJ . MJ states he took this family member to another family members home.

10 something am returns to apartment to wash clothes and pack. Mentions PB was just getting out of the shower and getting dressed.

?? time MJ mentions PB tells him she wanted to get something to eat at a local store

1:30pm - MJ leaves apartment after packing and washing clothes.

4:50pm. MJ arrives back at the apartment and his little brother is there.
===========

He puts himself in the apt. while she is showering

===========

He puts himself in the apt. while she is showering

respectfully snipped by me. Exactly! So did PB find MJ in the apartment as a complete surprise or was she expecting him to return after he left with LBC?

We don't know that anyone who was not in that apartment when PB got done with her shower verbally spoke with PB after she was done showering.

So LE took and examined MJ's car. How do we know he didn't have a friend coming to help him move and as part of the items he moved from the apartment possibly in someone else's vehicle didn't include PB? We don't. Of course that is pure speculation but LE hasn't said whether or not anyone was assisting MJ with his moving the day PB went missing.

Lots of possibilities here on why LE would not find something in MJ's car, imo.

I wonder if MJ owns a larger suitcase with wheels and a handle........
He did mention he likes to travel a lot on the Find PB FB page.

BINGO

If someone was going to make a move on her that would have been the time.

None of their other explanations make any sense. Why would she go out to eat and not tell her sisters if they already had plans set up? And then to leave her wallet and belongings and go in sock-boots? Makes no sense at all.

And she didn't go back to sleep imo. So I call BS on that. And it makes me suspicious of MJ for saying that.

And why would he come and pick up his bro/cousin and then the bro/cousin comes back again? Why?

I agree..he may have never even dropped the brother off in the first place and is just trying to set up an alibi for the brother..then mentions the brother was back again just in case any witness happened to see the brother at a later time then the supposed drop off in the morning at the apartments..pure speculation

Also, in the timeline it says PB updated her facebook at 11 something saying she was hungry..it would be interesting to be able to see if she posted random stuff like that often or if someone posted that for her in order for it to seem like she went to get something to eat, also it would be helpful to know if in fact it was her that posted it if there was even any food at the apartment i am thinking at a crazy party apartment like that there was not much food..IMO. Also the time line mentions last contact via TEXT with DB was at 12:23 and KB called at 12:30 and PB did not answer,seems like whoever was texting DB saw that KB called and realized she may be on her way to pick up PB and they panicked and stop posing as PB and did not use the phone thereafter..I dont remember reading if PB's phone was found at apartment? I am assuming it was, can anyone let me know? There is no way a teen girl would leave the apartment to find a snack without the phone!

PB's phone is missing but cash and credit or debit card was left behind. (IIRC).
Unsure if a purse was with her or also left behind.

PB's phone is missing but cash and credit or debit card was left behind. (IIRC).
Unsure if a purse was with her or also left behind.

Ok thanks! Did LE ping it anywhere? I assume it was turned off sometime that day. It could have went like this, hey PB I'll take you to get something to eat at a fast food place really quick I'll pay for you hence the leaving of money and maybe the purse, phone was probably in pocket. and being the teen girl that she is wore slipper boots out of house or just forgot she was wearing them..I wore slippers to school all the time, bad idea when it rained but I didnt care. I still wear my slipper boots out of the house and I am 24

LE has released nothing on pings. The only info is PB's phone is not on and missing. No info has been released to the public as to a specific time her phone stopped working.

For those who have not heard the Peas interview with mother (JS), here is the link. This was conducted on 1/3/11, before the interview with the B family. You will see there are so many holes in this case:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/peasintheirpods/2011/01/04/phylicia-simone-barnes

You can find semi-transcripts of the first two Peas interviews (with BB and RB, and then with JS) on the First thread, page 5. Here's a link: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124274&page=5

Also, in the timeline it says PB updated her facebook at 11 something saying she was hungry..it would be interesting to be able to see if she posted random stuff like that often or if someone posted that for her in order for it to seem like she went to get something to eat, also it would be helpful to know if in fact it was her that posted it if there was even any food at the apartment i am thinking at a crazy party apartment like that there was not much food..IMO. Also the time line mentions last contact via TEXT with DB was at 12:23 and KB called at 12:30 and PB did not answer,seems like whoever was texting DB saw that KB called and realized she may be on her way to pick up PB and they panicked and stop posing as PB and did not use the phone thereafter..I dont remember reading if PB's phone was found at apartment? I am assuming it was, can anyone let me know? There is no way a teen girl would leave the apartment to find a snack without the phone!

BINGO! I'm on the same page with you. I don't think she was doing the texting. And that's why it stopped abruptly.

I wonder if MJ owns a larger suitcase with wheels and a handle........
He did mention he likes to travel a lot on the Find PB FB page.

Oh wow... and he was moving so it wouldn't look suspicious or stand out, huh? Now my mind is going places that I don't want it to with this case. :(

Oh wow... and he was moving so it wouldn't look suspicious or stand out, huh? Now my mind is going places that I don't want it to with this case. :(

Me too. Because, God forbid, if she was in a larger suitcase or trunk with wheels and a handle I think the dogs would have been able to track her still. We know from general discussion in other cases a well trained dog can still track someones scent in a car.... What if the suitcase was surrounded by other items which were packed into a vehicle for a move making it difficult to further track from the parking spot in the lot?

Thinking about seeing travelers at the airport, especially flight attendents some of those suitcases on wheels are pretty large. While PB is tall, she is still very slender....... :(

If MJ has a set of luggage I hope the full set has been accounted for. And if he borrowed luggage from someone I hope that someone let LE know.....

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member