MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think LE is suspicious of MJ and his bros but they don't have any evidence yet.

I think that Mj came back to the apt to get his little cous/bro and found a tragic situation. Something went too far, and MJ took it upon himself to help cover and fix it. So they stalled the sisters and had the perfect storm of an opportunity because they were in the process of 'moving out.' Nobody would question boxes being carried out at the time or them coming and going.

I just don't believe a random perp came in because the MJ crew was in and out all day.
The focus seems better placed there for now.

I feel the same way, Katy, but everyone keeps disputing that she died IN THE APT, due to no forensics. But I still don't believe that should be ruled out. Also, who can validate the music being turned up loud? Shouldn't that have alerted the other tenants in the building? Was someone covering up her screams and cry for help???

I can't decide between a crime of opportunity, an accidental o/d or death, or something that was planned. What are you guys thinking?

I would have to go with opportunity or accident. I can't see anything being planned, with so many "supposedly" looking after her. This was negligence all the way! If a body is recoverd, we will know what was in her system.

Here's one of my theories, (JMO)

DB is a pharmaceutical rep right? She was involved with MJ for 10 years. I can see MJ being into drugs and DB either being a supplier or allowing her apt for drug activity. I think she wanted out, but he wasn't having it, not without a price! If they were going to make a clean break, he needed to benefit in some way and I think that is where lil bro comes in. Bro wanted a "peice of the action" if you know what I mean. That's why they allowed him to stay overnight hoping that PB would be wooed with alcohol and weed and fall for his advancements, but she declined.

Plan B, was take it by force! That's the part I don't think DB and KB were privy to. I think MJ and bro took her to the scene of a violent gang rape and disposed of her. (Jmo)

I can't decide between a crime of opportunity, an accidental o/d or death, or something that was planned. What are you guys thinking?

Crime of opportunity that went wrong, unintentional murder or murder to cover up a crime.

I think the reported loud music is a red herring. Loud music would have drawn attention to the apartment and if there was loud music it was turned on and up long after PB was gone from the apartment.

jmo

Here's one of my theories, (JMO)

DB is a pharmaceutical rep right? She was involved with MJ for 10 years. I can see MJ being into drugs and DB either being a supplier or allowing her apt for drug activity. I think she wanted out, but he wasn't having it, not without a price! If they were going to make a clean break, he needed to benefit in some way and I think that is where lil bro comes in. Bro wanted a "peice of the action" if you know what I mean. That's why they allowed him to stay overnight hoping that PB would be wooed with alcohol and weed and fall for his advancements, but she declined.

Plan B, was take it by force! That's the part I don't think DB and KB were privy to. I think MJ and bro took her to the scene of a violent gang rape and disposed of her. (Jmo)

WOW! I hadn't even thought how the pharmaceutical rep might have tied in.... I have to think about that and how it ties in with controlled pharmaceuticals. I know in medical environments there are tight controls but I don't know how tightly controls are in the sales field. It might also give credence to PB being given something she felt safe because it was not an illegal narcotic. hmmmm

jmo

<mod snip> honestly, If I had dated someone for a decade I would be in denial too, that my ex-lover was capable of something heinous like that. Ten years is longer than some marriages.

<mod snip>honestly, If I had dated someone for a decade I would be in denial too, that my ex-lover was capable of something heinous like that. Ten years is longer than some marriages.

Who did MJ say was in the apt with him from 11:08am until 1:30pm?

WOW! I hadn't even thought how the pharmaceutical rep might have tied in.... I have to think about that and how it ties in with controlled pharmaceuticals. I know in medical environments there are tight controls but I don't know how tightly controls are in the sales field. It might also give credence to PB being given something she felt safe because it was not an illegal narcotic. hmmmm

jmo

Is she a pharmaceutical rep? I thought she was a pharmacy tech? In the latter case, she would have access to controlled substances (depending on the pharmacy). Of course she's taking the chance that someone may audit it, but again it varies from pharmacy to pharmacy. A smaller one would be easier to steal from, IMHO, as opposed to a larger one with more controls in place (e.g., computerized inventory check against the prescriptions, etc.).

MOO

ETA: Here a link to a post by georgiajean where DB works for a pharmacy.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - MD MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, believed abducted in Baltimore, 28-Dec-2010 - #10

Seems thus far to be opportunity IMO. Poor girl was in way over her head. I think her sis thought it was going to be a fun, exciting experience for Phylicia. Whether it was a sexual advance gone bad, something Phylicia saw or heard regarding drug or other illegal activity and couldn't be trusted to be discrete, revenge or a combination of these are possible. My inclination is to look to MJ for the answers.

I don't think whatever happened was planned or even intended. But somehow, P may have ended up dead. If they removed her from the apartment immediately, I doubt there would be a scent. And there would not have to be blood, and they/he could have straightened up any overturned furniture, etc. Do we know if the apartment was usually keep in spotless order, or if with so much traffic, a little messy anyway? Even something as horrible as a rape and strangulation can be done without leaving any physical evidence behind.

This is assuming the scent that tracked to parking lot was from the previous day. I don't think she left the apartment on her own or under her own power.

I don't think whatever happened was planned or even intended. But somehow, P may have ended up dead. If they removed her from the apartment immediately, I doubt there would be a scent. And there would not have to be blood, and they/he could have straightened up any overturned furniture, etc. Do we know if the apartment was usually keep in spotless order, or if with so much traffic, a little messy anyway? Even something as horrible as a rape and strangulation can be done without leaving any physical evidence behind.

This is assuming the scent that tracked to parking lot was from the previous day. I don't think she left the apartment on her own or under her own power.

I'm thinking either some sort of drug mix or date rape drugs, and/or extreme resistance by PB to whoever was trying to rape her (and yes, I do believe that was the crime no matter the planning or moment of opportunity or whatever). It didn't go as planned, and either she was harmed/bad reaction in the process - or the perp(s) somehow realized afterwards that she was going to tell. I'm leaning towards the OD/accident, though... and this bright young teen was then disposed of. :(

He never really came out and said it. He danced around the actual time frame that his brother was there. :innocent:

Did MJ ever say the exact time he and the brother left the apt? He has time lines remembered so well for other actions in the hours between a certain time frame, except for a few. He must know the timing for all transactions that took place.

I'm thinking either some sort of drug mix or date rape drugs, and/or extreme resistance by PB to whoever was trying to rape her (and yes, I do believe that was the crime no matter the planning or moment of opportunity or whatever). It didn't go as planned, and either she was harmed/bad reaction in the process - or the perp(s) somehow realized afterwards that she was going to tell. I'm leaning towards the OD/accident, though... and this bright young teen was then disposed of. :(

At first I was thinking date rape drug, but I am not sure if it works with the timeline. They knew that the older sister was coming at some point to pick her up, so would they have enough time for that. Unless of course NONE of the texts were really PB. I am not clear about what time she last spoke to anyone by phone.

I was initially feeling it was a 'date rape' type thing that got out of control. She apparently had a little crush on lil cousin/bro and he may have got the wrong impression as she came out of the shower.

But it also occurs to me that there might be a lot of underlying rage/resentment between MJ and his ex. Ten years is a long time. Now he is moving out. Maybe he was exacting revenge of some kind.

Did MJ ever say the exact time he and the brother left the apt? He has time lines remembered so well for other actions in the hours between a certain time frame, except for a few. He must know the timing for all transactions that took place.

He mentioned that he came to pick up his brother around 3:30pm I believe. The thread has been deleted so I don't know exactly.

He mentioned that he came to pick up his brother around 3:30pm I believe. The thread has been deleted so I don't know exactly.

Reviewing this thread, If I'm not mistaken, It was stated that MJ allegedly stated he picked up his (relative) from the apt at 9'ish am. Returned to the apt at 10'ish am. PB was (magically) getting out of the shower just when he returned. PB was doing many things after exiting the shower. She was very (alert) at the time. PB was able to get dressed, hold phone conversations, access the internet, do her hair, speak with MJ. All PB needed to do is get something to eat and wait to speak to her sister or wait for her sister to arrive.

It was described that PB did her hair as if she was going somewhere. That must have taken some time. Did MJ mention what time PB was complete with all of her grooming? MJ was able to state what time PB went (back) to sleep. It almost appears that MJ was monitoring PB closely while PB was alert.

Reviewing this thread, If I'm not mistaken, It was stated that MJ allegedly stated he picked up his (relative) from the apt at 9'ish am. Returned to the apt at 10'ish am. PB was (magically) getting out of the shower just when he returned. PB was doing many things after exiting the shower. She was very (alert) at the time. PB was able to get dressed, hold phone conversations, access the internet, do her hair, speak with MJ. All PB needed to do is get something to eat and wait to speak to her sister or wait for her sister to arrive.

It was described that PB did her hair as if she was going somewhere. That must have taken some time. Did MJ mention what time PB was complete with all of her grooming? MJ was able to state what time PB went (back) to sleep. It almost appears that MJ was monitoring PB closely while PB was alert.

He did not mention what time PB was finished getting herself ready. I think if the possibility existed she and KB might fit in an unscheduled hair appointment she would not have spent a lot of time on her hair that particular day and possibly worn it in a way someone might pull it back or wear a baseball cap type thing.

IMO, MJ was evasive about the timeline between the time he allegedly returned to (magically) find PB exiting the shower and the time he claims she was asleep when he left at 1:30pm. He offered nothing of any substance regarding the timelines in addition to what was already provide by DB and KB. Which is still on my hinky meter that he may have planted them. I find it incredibly odd he only reported what was already said.... maybe he didn't want to mess up?

IF PB said she was hungry and wanted to go get something to eat wouldn't it be likely there was a little more dialogue about where she could walk to eat? And since there apparently wasn't I think the statement she was going to go get something to eat is another red herring. hmmmm

Anyone know what time PB had lunch at school? What time did her lunch period begin and end.

tia

Gee, it would have been nice if sis had stocked her fridge for her visiting sis...especially since she said she knew that PB did not like to go out and about on her own in Baltimore...

Gee, it would have been nice if sis had stocked her fridge for her visiting sis...especially since she said she knew that PB did not like to go out and about on her own in Baltimore...

I just really don't see how that would matter, considering, the friends that would visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE