Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Newbies!

Thank you for your interest in Phylicia's case.

:welcome2::wagon:

Wow, Phylicia was on the 2nd page, nothing new to say, but brought her back to the first...

Wow, Phylicia was on the 2nd page, nothing new to say, but brought her back to the first...

There is nothing new in the media, and not much happening anywhere else. I hope LE is quietly pursuing things and making it happen. I wish more POI's were named, because we could do a lot then.

Whoever did this is not going to get away with it. Phylicia will be found, and the responsible parties will be found out.

Thank you! I had not seen that particular video. I think the knowledge that the Barnes family papered that neighborhood area with flyers on Saturday is telling, as well.

In my researching, everything goes back to the North Bend Rd/Frederick Rd area.

I was just about to type the same

I agree. I think they do know. I think "they're" waiting for a little more proof.

I think that particular video goes along with what MJ was saying on the Find PB group on FB. MJ stated that his side of the family were being treated like animals. I think someone mentioned about (the family complaining about all the harassment, I guess by LE or something to that degree).

I also see where as fliers were handed out or maybe placed up recently in this same area on the video.

Normally as many of these type of cases unfold, most times it ends up being the last person that seen her. Even if MJ wasn't the individual to make PB's disappearance drag on this long; he still was the one in the beginning to see PB last and PB lost phone contact with her sisters while MJ was still there in the apt. PB lost contact with her sisters once she reported to DB that MJ was over at the apt and after her FB post that stated at the apt with MJ.

If anyone else entered the apt on the 28th, it would be because MJ gave them permission to be there. MJ was the man of the apt (until PB came to visit this time). MJ was also there in the day time hours. Probably, only a couple of his close friends would stop by along with some of his family members.

I was just about to type the same

I think that particular video goes along with what MJ was saying on the Find PB group on FB. MJ stated that his side of the family were being treated like animals. I think someone mentioned about (the family complaining about all the harassment, I guess by LE or something to that degree).

I also see where as fliers were handed out or maybe placed up recently in this same area on the video.

Normally as many of these type of cases unfold, most times it ends up being the last person that seen her. Even if MJ wasn't the individual to make PB's disappearance drag on this long; he still was the one in the beginning to see PB last and PB lost phone contact with her sisters while MJ was still there in the apt. PB lost contact with her sisters once she reported to DB that MJ was over at the apt and after her FB post that stated at the apt with MJ.

If anyone else entered the apt on the 28th, it would be because MJ gave them permission to be there. MJ was the man of the apt (until PB came to visit this time). MJ was also there in the day time hours. Probably, only a couple of his close friends would stop by along with some of his family members.

If I could have put sparkles around what I bolded above, I would have. To me, this is the biggest piece of information (and several other posters have mentioned this before, but I can't remember who, but kudos to you as well). For PB to have gone from texting to asleep in less than half an hour? Unless she was faking sleep, as several posters have mentioned... I have thought about what was going through PB's mind. "Okay, I have texted and called my sisters, they know MJ is here, they know I'm uncomfortable. DB just asked me to find the pic of MJ and his new GF, which I did, and now all chaos has broken out. I'm just going to pretend to go to sleep and let this blow over. KB will be here in an hour, it will all be okay." And PB may have assumed that if KB couldn't reach her, KB would get worried and come by anyway. So she ignored her phone as part of her "being asleep" ruse. Yes, that's possible.

Then I think about MJ's posts on Find PB, and JS's comment as well, about how PB "fell asleep on him" which we learned probably meant she fell asleep while he was there, and he wasn't done talking with her. Augh.

Thank you! I had not seen that particular video. I think the knowledge that the Barnes family papered that neighborhood area with flyers on Saturday is telling, as well.

In my researching, everything goes back to the North Bend Rd/Frederick Rd area.

I wonder if LE checked the wooded area in the 100 block of North Bend Road and the 200 block of Boswell Road (just around the other side of the wooded area on North Bend Road)? I did a Google map street view of that area. Just looking at this area and thinking about how dark it could be at night gives me chills.

They drained a well in a shed in the 400 block of North Bend a month ago. MJ, LBC and other POIs are from that area.

I wonder if LE checked the wooded area in the 100 block of North Bend Road and the 200 block of Boswell Road (just around the other side of the wooded area on North Bend Road)? I did a Google map street view of that area. Just looking at this area and thinking about how dark it could be at night gives me chills.

They drained a well in a shed in the 400 block of North Bend a month ago. MJ, LBC and other POIs are from that area.

I think that was the area where there was a rumor that a body was found (quite a while back?). I'm sure they were checking that area and the well area at the same time. But that's JMHO...

Hi everyone. I guess I'm what you could call a super lurker... I've been following this case since I first read about it on CNN.com shortly after PB's disappearance - I just never felt like I had something to add to the conversation until now. I'm originally from Baltimore, but haven't lived there for 15+ years - still have lots of family in the area though.

I can't believe there may have been a dog there the whole time and we're just finding out about it now. In my mind the dog is a game changer because it gives a credible reason why PB would have been outside of the apartment with her slipper boots on. I know for me personally, while I might not go anywhere in my slippers, I would definitely wear my slippers if I was just taking my dogs out to pee.

While of course I'm tempted to think that MJ must be the primary suspect as he was the only person there when PB stopped answering her phone, I feel less likely to believe this if he has no history of domestic assault. If MJ and DB were together for ~10 years, and he has a "temper", I would have to think there would be a record of domestic disturbance or assault arrests, restraining orders, etc. in the Maryland Judiciary database - especially if they were living in multi-resident buildings. A search of DB's name doesn't bring up any evidence of this.
As awful as it sounds to imagine, I propose the following possibility:
So we know that PB is in the apartment, right in the middle of the drama between MJ and DB (phone calls, texts, photos on FB, etc.). MJ is talking to PB about how he wants to get back together with DB; meanwhile PB knows that DB is pissed about the photos of him on FB. To avoid having to talk to MJ (remember her sister says she avoids conflict), PB says she is going back to bed. PB turns off her phone and pretends to take a nap until MJ leaves, so she doesn't have to talk to him about his relationship with DB.

MJ leaves and PB gets up without turning her phone back on. Maybe the dog is whining to go out. Maybe someone saw her taking the dog out to pee and followed her back inside and abducted her.

Unfortunately, if the abused person does not press charges then there will not be a history of domestic assault on record. I regret to this day of not pressing charges on my ex-husband after going through 3 years of domestic voilence. My ex was abusive to his oldest son's mother too. So many women do not press charges and end up either dead or having to run away.

I think that was the area where there was a rumor that a body was found (quite a while back?). I'm sure they were checking that area and the well area at the same time. But that's JMHO...

There are several RSO (registered sex offenders) who live in that area, as well. One moved out from a home right there on the 400 block, to an area off of Frederick rd, in mid December 2010 (Off of MD RSO web site). So originally I thought they were looking into him. But when I learned of the family connections to the area, I wasn't sure any more.

No, they had checked an area called "Leakin Park", known for dead bodies being found there.

http://www.recreationparks.net/MD/baltimore-city/leakin-park-baltimore

No, this was different. Quite a while back, one evening there was a very brief report online of a body being found during the search in the area behind the 400-block of North Bend. It was up for about 20 minutes - then was gone.

ETA: We were discussing it on Thread #2. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6039734&highlight=body#post6039734

Here's a snippet that still remains and points to the original article online, although the article was later changed:

Jan. 20, 2011

Police investigate whether body is that of missing N.C. girl

Body found in woods in Southwest Baltimore City police on Thursday night...

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/Local/2...f-missing-NC-girl/21-e41b90c186#ixzz1E3bmSj14

No, they had checked an area called "Leakin Park", known for dead bodies being found there.

http://www.recreationparks.net/MD/baltimore-city/leakin-park-baltimore

I think Belimom is talking about the North Bend rd search. There was a MSM leak about a body, the same time they were searching the well. Turned out it was a male body, in another area, but it had us all guessing for a day before it was confirmed. At least that's what I recall.

ETA thanks Belimom, you posted before I did. :) Yep, that's what I remembered.

No, this was different. Quite a while back, one evening there was a very brief report online of a body being found during the search in the area behind the 400-block of North Bend. It was up for about 20 minutes - then was gone.

ETA: We were discussing it on Thread #2. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6039734&highlight=body#post6039734

Here's a snippet that still remains and points to the original article online, although the article was later changed:

Is this the article that you are referring to?

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2011-01-20/news/bs-md-barnes-well-search-20110120_1_police-comb-woods-search-northwest-baltimore

There are so many woods in West and Southwest Baltimore.

Is this the article that you are referring to?

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2011-01-20/news/bs-md-barnes-well-search-20110120_1_police-comb-woods-search-northwest-baltimore

There are so many woods in West and Southwest Baltimore.

Yes, but it was later referenced that they also checked the 100-block... I'll find it and post the link...

That link was definitely the 400-block - but I think someone - GJean, maybe? - had pointed out on a map that other wooded area as having been searched or needing to be searched? I can't recall who and can't find it. But I remember looking at the map and seeing it.

I imagine that if they had reason to search in the area, they searched the wooded area as well? But that's just MOO - seems logical that they would have...

Authorities had concentrated the search on what they described as a well near a shed on a property in the 400 block of North Bend Road, south of Edmonson Avenue in the Westgate community near the Baltimore County line.

I know that this case is still relatively "young", as far as WS cases go. It is too much to expect that it be solved already. But I so want it to be. Not because PB is any more deserving than any other missing person's case. But because I have grown attached to this lovely, smart, talented young lady, and I am invested in the outcome to some degree. My hope for a positive outcome is dwindling, but I still hope. Each day that goes by without information, without BPD information or family information, lessens my hopes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Child in Time