MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to all the newbies! :welcome:

I thought I would take a moment to welcome you and thank you for your interest in Phylicia's case.

This also might be a good time to link to the WS Lingo thread which includes the meaning of many of the abbreviations we use here at WS.

NEW Websleuths Lingo - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

hth

Hi All, I don't post very often. I tend to just lurk. However, that being said, I live in the next town down from where PB was found. The dam is only about 4 miles upstream for where I live. If anyone has any specific questions relating to the dam, the river, etc, I may be able to answer them for you. I have not read all the threads, so I don't know what has been discussed before.

How could PB have snuck out at night and not been reported missing in the am when DB awoke for work? It doesn't make logical sense imo.

jmo

It doesn't seem as if anyone in the apt. was much into reporting anything, so I wouldn't be surprised if she had been missing in the morning, no one would have reported it.

Welcome to all the newbies! :welcome:

I thought I would take a moment to welcome you and thank you for your interest in Phylicia's case.

This also might be a good time to link to the WS Lingo thread which includes the meaning of many of the abbreviations we use here at WS.

NEW Websleuths Lingo - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

hth

Probably a good time to post a case-specific abbreviation list for PB's case
PB Phylicia
JS- PB's mom Janice
SS- PB's sister from North Carolina
DB- Half-Sister Deena
KB- Half-Sister Kelly
BB- Half Sister Bryan
RB- Father Russell
MJ- Ex-BF of DB, Michael
21-Cou- the cousin who was a room mate at the time
Bro-16 MJ's youngest brother who spent the night at the apartment

Is that it? I feel like I am missing something...

Hi All, I don't post very often. I tend to just lurk. However, that being said, I live in the next town down from where PB was found. The dam is only about 4 miles upstream for where I live. If anyone has any specific questions relating to the dam, the river, etc, I may be able to answer them for you. I have not read all the threads, so I don't know what has been discussed before.

Welcome and thanks for posting!

Questions I have, in case you have answers:
Has a body gone through the dam before, to your knowledge?
What's the likelihood of a body going through the dam?
Upriver from the dam, how many potential access points are there to the river, where someone could easily get there to dump 1 or 2 bodies? I can see places on Google map, but there may be more
Why would drug users/sellers choose that area to go to dump a body? Is there some connection we don't know about?

It doesn't seem as if anyone in the apt. was much into reporting anything, so I wouldn't be surprised if she had been missing in the morning, no one would have reported it.

I tend to disagree with this theory because if she was missing in the am she could have been reported missing and there would be no speculation surrounding DB, KB MJ and fam's involvement. Instead let's not report she snuck out and pretend we had contact with her all morning, place someone with her at the apartment so we can all be under the spotlight? Nah, I just can't see that happening.

IMO, it is more likely that she was deceased in the AM and MJ agreed to take the fall and cover for all of them. DB and KB made up talking to her and they were all in on arranging removing her from the apartment. And that has pretty much been ruled out by no forensics being found in the apartment. There would have been some kind of body fluids found had she died in the apartment. (or rumors/reporting of a mattress missing or something.... )

Instead I think MJ or someone in his family took her somewhere under the pretense of getting something to eat. Raped and killed her and then took her to the location she was found. For all we know, and this is speculation, the crime scene could have been near the river/and dam and they could have burnt or discarded her clothing/purse to destroy evidence. She could have been driven alive to near where she was found and raped murdered and discarded there. She could have even been told plans changed and KB is going to meet us there, even though KB was never made aware......

JMO

Probably a good time to post a case-specific abbreviation list for PB's case
PB Phylicia
JS- PB's mom Janice
SS- PB's sister from North Carolina
DB- Half-Sister Deena
KB- Half-Sister Kelly
BB- Half Sister Bryan
RB- Father Russell
MJ- Ex-BF of DB, Michael
21-Cou- the cousin who was a room mate at the time
Bro-16 MJ's youngest brother who spent the night at the apartment

Is that it? I feel like I am missing something...

BBM, since these have not been confirmed I am still using LB/C or LB or C for whichever little brother and cousin were at the apartment.

hth

I'm not sure what you mean by case archive (unless you are meaning the member who sometimes links the photo bucket case archives? ) The archived case forum here at WS is only for really old cases and things are moved there. There is a subforum in both the missing discussion and located discussion for timeline and media links only, but that is only for links - and no discussion. You might want to look at the timeline and media information only subforum and see if that is what you are looking for.

Or you might wish to add the info to a site such as image shack and link here?

hth

I will check image shack. I just have about 10 files, and it would be nice to make all that information available to folks.

BBM and kind of OT, I guess those of us who are regulars in the UID forum can eat and do this... I can eat and view morgue photo's at the same time. Pictures I can handle because mentally I know they are photo's. Would surely be different viewing in real life.

ok, that was prolly tmi..... while I am still having coffee and about to go to 7-11 for a cup of Brazilian bold my fav'!

I am the same way Cubby. They are pictures but I don't handle it well in real life.
I also love coffee - My fiancee's (husband in 2 months exactly!!!) parents gave us a fancy Keurig machine, so we use the little cups. Hafta buy them in bulk bc fiancee can drink many many cups a day. Worth it though!!

Speculation, theory...... and let's suppose PB was told plans changed and was brought to the area where she was located for the sole purpose of raping her. And then subsequently killing her....... She is no longer here to tell us that so unless a crime scene is uncovered we'll never know.

She trusted this circle of people her half sisters socialized with so imo it is not a far stretch to think it is possible she was lured there without any reason to fear until events took place.

JMO

:seeya: Hi There!!! I am glad you posted.
I am wondering if people check the dam regularly? How long could a body go unnoticed?

What is the area around it like? Wooded/Park like? I am trying to get an idea of how someone could get a person there without being seen.

I am sure I will have more questions. :)

Thank you!!

I tend to disagree with this theory because if she was missing in the am she could have been reported missing and there would be no speculation surrounding DB, KB MJ and fam's involvement. Instead let's not report she snuck out and pretend we had contact with her all morning, place someone with her at the apartment so we can all be under the spotlight? Nah, I just can't see that happening.

This would also been a cover-up from a large group of people.. Two can keep a secret if one of them is dead. So imagine a group of 6-10 people who would have to have been aware she was gone. Someone would have either cracked or be showing cracks by now.

I think it happened that morning. Don't know what "it" is yet. Waiting for more info from ME and LE.

Sorry I am posting so much... I have been thinking about her a lot lately. A whole lot and it's just tragic to me. I want answers and justice. Her mother deserve both and to give her daughter a beautiful burial - but that could never be as beautiful as Phylicia was said to be in life.

Cubby,

I don't know if she would have taken a ride up to the dam area with MJ, LBC, LB, or whoever because she knew that KB was supposed to come over. Also, wouldn't she tell DB and KB since she was texting with them. I don't know if she would have done that. But like you said, she isn't here and we just don't know right now.

Sorry I am posting so much... I have been thinking about her a lot lately. A whole lot and it's just tragic to me. I want answers and justice. Her mother deserve both and to give her daughter a beautiful burial - but that could never be as beautiful as Phylicia was said to be in life.

Cubby,

I don't know if she would have taken a ride up to the dam area with MJ, LBC, LB, or whoever because she knew that KB was supposed to come over. Also, wouldn't she tell DB and KB since she was texting with them. I don't know if she would have done that. But like you said, she isn't here and we just don't know right now.

Combining my reply to both of your previous posts. I think she might have gone for a ride to the river/dam if MJ told her I just talked to/texted KB and we are all going to meet up there...... OR, he had given her a date rape drug and she was able to walk to his car before it took full effect.... and he drove her there.

We do know MJ made a point of letting others know his cell phone was not charged and he could not find a charge. That PB was asleep so she was unreachable. Both of these things gave MJ at least 4-7 or so hours of time. Appx 4hrs from time of last contact at 1:04pm to about 5pm when one (considered rumor from comments somewhere) report states MJ made contact. Or from 1:04pm or so until appx 7:40pm when another (cnsidered rumor from comments somewhere) when DB made contact with him. Either scenario imo gave MJ and or his circle enough time to get to the dam area and back.

JMO

ETA: and yes, I agree we need to wait for more info. Specifically ME reports and tox reports.

Speculation, theory...... and let's suppose PB was told plans changed and was brought to the area where she was located for the sole purpose of raping her. And then subsequently killing her....... She is no longer here to tell us that so unless a crime scene is uncovered we'll never know.

She trusted this circle of people her half sisters socialized with so imo it is not a far stretch to think it is possible she was lured there without any reason to fear until events took place.

JMO

And if the person responsible "disabled" PB's phone, and then pretended to check in with DB/KB to okay the change of plans....it is possible.

Here is a link to archived files I have posted previously on WS for PB's case

https://www.filesanywhere.com/fs/v.aspx?v=8a6b6a8b5c6675a5a5a7

There are three BPD pressers
One MSP presser
Five Peas interview transcripts/thorough notes
Three files with compiled facts about the circimstances, search, and timline.

Anyone want to check and make sure the link works?
Thanks in advance

Welcome and thanks for posting!

Questions I have, in case you have answers:
Has a body gone through the dam before, to your knowledge?
What's the likelihood of a body going through the dam?
Upriver from the dam, how many potential access points are there to the river, where someone could easily get there to dump 1 or 2 bodies? I can see places on Google map, but there may be more
Why would drug users/sellers choose that area to go to dump a body? Is there some connection we don't know about?

I haven't heard of any bodies turning up before in the 15 years we've lived here. Going through the dam doesn't seem to be an easy task. She was found in the retaining lake to the north side of the dam. There hasn't been much info about his body other than to say they were both found nude. As far as dumping spots, there are many rather rural boat launches up and down the river. I don't think it would be hard to dump a body in the evening under cover of darkness.

Cubby,

What about if she had developed a crush on somebody in that circle?

She might have slipped out to be with him, or she might have been vulnerable to somebody saying, "Let's go up to the park; xxxx will be there."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave