MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The waiting is giving me an anxiety attack. I should go finish my grocery shopping, but I don't want to leave before court is done for the day. The ball game isn't even keeping me distracted enough. :scared:

My apologies that the following is kind of graphic. Regarding fingernails. Would being submerged in a river cause the fingernails to fall off naturally? I keep wondering if MJ mentioning wrestling, being scratched, and his questions about DNA could indicate he might have removed her fingernails before disposing of her body. Or could nails fall off naturally?

Judge arguing with state, they don't have a case without a tote. Judge going back to review testimony from medical expert. Kate Amara has meticulous notes and her notes indicate the state is incorrect, the one medical expert in question could NOT confirm Phylicia was in a tote when she entered the river.

Image of Kate Amara's notes at link:

https://mobile.twitter.com/kateamaraWBAL?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

I'm 90% sure MJ will be acquitted today. When it actually happens I'll be asking myself where the B'mor states attorney's office ranks among the nation in putting together murder cases that result in a conviction. After this (likely) fiasco, I'd say probably the bottom 2 percent of the country.

I’m so angry for the many times that the prosecution has failed Phylicia. What a miscarriage of justice. ☹️

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My heart goes out to Phylicia's family, and her mom especially. Praying for God's comfort and strength for them.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Hi all, I hope this post isn't inappropriate, but I think this is our only open Phylicia thread. Haven't posted in a few years, but think of Phylicia often. The older I get, the younger she seems. The other day I turned on Crime Junkie to see two new episodes covering the investigation into Phylicia's death and "trial that never ends." They've done a nice job ( with a little credit to us ^^ ). I know Michael was acquitted, but I still hope years, distance, and renewed exposure will wake someone up to speak.

Michael Maurice Johnson, who was convicted and later cleared of killing 16-year-old Phylicia Barnes, has been charged with strangling and raping a woman in Baltimore County.

The alleged victim told police that Johnson, 40, overheard her on the phone talking about a boy and became enraged, assaulting her throughout the course of the night including punching her, strangling her until she lost consciousness and raping her. He was charged Monday and ordered held without bail the following day.

Court records in the new case say Johnson has been living in York, Pennsylvania. The alleged victim said had known him since June of last year, and “considered him a sugar daddy and started dating him.” At one point she lived with him in Pennsylvania last year for three months, “until her foster care reported her missing,” police wrote in charging documents.

When police met with her, she had visible injuries including popped blood vessels in her eyes, and had trouble speaking due to her tongue and mouth being severely swollen. She said Johnson had attacked her over a period of six hours, at one point using the cord of a fan.

@Cubby
@AmandaReckonwith

Johnson was charged with murder in the death of Phylicia Barnes, a 16-year-old North Carolina girl, who disappeared on Dec. 28, 2010, while visiting her sister in Baltimore.

At the time, investigators said Johnson, who was the ex-boyfriend of Barnes' sister, was the last person to see Barnes alive. Barnes' body was found in April 2011 in the Susquehanna River in Cecil County.

Johnson's first two trials ended in mistrials. A judge acquitted Johnson in a third trial in 2018.

It was just a matter of time.
3 wasted trials and he's at it again. This time, the girl LIVED!

I started a new sub-album, added to Phylicia's Case Archive.

Idk how much time they can give this freak, but let's hope it is enough time in prison to save another young woman.

Reactions: byo
“Witnesses saying that you came down on Pennsylvania Ave to get them to help you dispose of the body, and they tell you, oh no, that’s the little girl that’s missing, I’m not helping you with that," said Alisia Chamberlain.

“All the information we had and witnesses in court and facts that we had, yes I’m 100 percent sure Michael Johnson is the person responsible for this," said Darryl Chamberlain.

Johnson now faces charges in Baltimore County and York Pennsylvania.

In January, charging documents from York Pennsylvania say Johnson attempted to strangle a victim.

In July, the same victim told investigators in Baltimore County that Johnson raped her and attempted to strangle her.

“In 14 years, you can’t live and just resurface like that. You move from state to state to prey on other people in other states in other counties and go out of jurisdictions to prey on women," said Alisia Chamberlain

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back