Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed the ear as many others have.

Not certain if this was brought up, but to me his lower back looks concave. Is that common in younger males. His lower back is the thing that stood out the most to me.

JMO

Agree and I think that is originally why my mind went to a sexual assault as there would be DNA from a rape kit. I'd think with how overloaded the LAPD is that they wouldn't be looking for and collecting DNA from a burglary. And if there was some sort of assault that occurred that involved blood that could have been collected but he didn't appear to have injuries or be bloody. It's also quite possible he could have not sexually assaulted the minor girl but left his own specimen they collected.

However, I still am surprised the LAPD collected something either way but thankful they did because had they not this case could have gone cold and hopefully now it will not.
In legal terms assault means you put the victim in fear of imminent danger. Think of someone brandishing a knife, gun, or even their fists. The battery comes when there is an actual “touching” with said weapon.

Here's an example scenario of why it's legitimate to try to find the rough area - not the exact address - of where the LA attack took place:

- Let's say that at the time, the attack got a little press coverage locally, which revealed details publicly that the Hartford County police didn't feel important to tell the world yesterday;
- Then some decent sleuthing might find value in those earlier-released details, that might actually lead to something that takes them down a path that gets closer to the perp;
- E.g. If this did get some social/press coverage at the time and somebody mentioned a specific model of car, but Harford County/LAPD wrote that off as irrelevant, some may find that extremely relevant and worth looking at;
- LA is a huge place, and there is lots of violent crime there, so trying to find at-the-time local press coverage/social media coverage would require a neighbourhood.

Nobody is trying to dox the house or get the address of the house. Sleuthing sometimes takes you from question to answer via several very tangential stops. There is nothing wrong with trying to find the neighbourhood the LA attack took place in, to use that as an anchor/selector to see if there's already other tiny bits of info out there about it that could be useful now.
I feel comfortable saying that I am pretty sure that Bel Air LE have been in contact with Hartford County, Ca LE, and were told as much information that might be helpful as they had, which I am also sure is much more than we have been told. Respectfully, I fail to see how knowing the neighborhood that the home invasion took place in, some 2700 miles away and 6 months ago, could possibly be of benefit to anyone on this thread. JMO

Last edited:
I feel comfortable saying that I am pretty sure than Bel Air LE have been in contact with Hartford County, Ca LE, and were told as much information that might be helpful as they had, which I am also sure is more than we have been told. I fail to see how knowing the neighborhood that it took place in could possibly be of benefit to anyone here. JMO
Sleuthing doesn't just, or always, rely on only what the police say. In essence.

Here's an example scenario of why it's legitimate to try to find the rough area - not the exact address - of where the LA attack took place:

- Let's say that at the time, the attack got a little press coverage locally, which revealed details publicly that the Hartford County police didn't feel important to tell the world yesterday;
- Then some decent sleuthing might find value in those earlier-released details, that might actually lead to something that takes them down a path that gets closer to the perp;
- E.g. If this did get some social/press coverage at the time and somebody mentioned a specific model of car, but Harford County/LAPD wrote that off as irrelevant, some may find that extremely relevant and worth looking at;
- LA is a huge place, and there is lots of violent crime there, so trying to find at-the-time local press coverage/social media coverage would require a neighbourhood.

Nobody is trying to dox the house or get the address of the house. Sleuthing sometimes takes you from question to answer via several very tangential stops. There is nothing wrong with trying to find the neighbourhood the LA attack took place in, to use that as an anchor/selector to see if there's already other tiny bits of info out there about it that could be useful now.
But we already know the neighborhood. 77th Street Police district.

As SteveP said, I'm sure Harford has communicated with the LA PD over this in great detail.

I'm not sure Harford Co PD would write off a vehicle, if one was spotted in the CA incident.

What I can't get my head around on this forum is why some are focused on what took place inside that house in LA - whether he knew the young girl, was invited in, if others were there, why he seemed to leave with a quick wave goodbye, etc. I mean, it's intriguing, but our focus is Rachel, and it's not like the specifics of his California crime would lead us to being able to identify him more quickly if we knew exactly why he was in the house in LA. Whether there was an SA in California or not, I'm not picking up on any "pattern" that would lead to an identity. Young girl in a house, home invasion, vs Rachel on a walking/jogging trail, an almost 40 YO adult, etc. If anyone can help me understand why some are focused on those details, do fill me in.

As SteveP said, I'm sure Harford has communicated with the LA PD over this in great detail.

I'm not sure Harford Co PD would write off a vehicle, if one was spotted in the CA incident.

What I can't get my head around on this forum is why some are focused on what took place inside that house in LA - whether he knew the young girl, was invited in, if others were there, why he seemed to leave with a quick wave goodbye, etc. I mean, it's intriguing, but our focus is Rachel, and it's not like the specifics of his California crime would lead us to being able to identify him more quickly if we knew exactly why he was in the house in LA. Whether there was an SA in California or not, I'm not picking up on any "pattern" that would lead to an identity. Young girl in a house, home invasion, vs Rachel on a walking/jogging trail, an almost 40 YO adult, etc. If anyone can help me understand why some are focused on those details, do fill me in.
We're all different! We all look at these things from different angles, that's okay I think.

We're all different! We all look at these things from different angles, that's okay I think.
Well I looked in the LAPD FB and there was no mention of the home invasion... I was wondering if they released the video previously or not. Are there hyper local news publications in LA for neighborhoods like you mentioned?

Well I looked in the LAPD FB and there was no mention of the home invasion... I was wondering if they released the video previously or not. Are there hyper local news publications in LA for neighborhoods like you mentioned?
Yeah there are, which is where I was looking after I tried LA-wide. Idk. I think the LA Times has just got it, so it's there.

They say it was a "hot prowler"-type incident, which backs up the idea of disconnected predator-vs-maybe met at gym and went mad kind of thing. Which is the kind of subtext I was hoping for.

Yeah there are, which is where I was looking after I tried LA-wide. Idk. I think the LA Times has just got it, so it's there.

They say it was a "hot prowler"-type incident, which backs up the idea of disconnected predator-vs-maybe met at gym and went mad kind of thing. Which is the kind of subtext I was hoping for.
LAPD Capt. Kelly Muniz said the video comes from a March 26 “hot prowler” burglary in South L.A., which means he burglarized an occupied home. Muniz said a person was assaulted in that incident, but it was not a sexual assault. Hartford County sheriff’s officials said the assault victim was a minor. LAPD collected DNA during the burglary investigation.

The video from an exterior camera shows the suspect closing the home’s front door and walking down the steps, away from the house. Davis said investigators released the home security footage hoping someone in L.A. or Maryland would recognize the suspect.

What Is A Hot Prowl​

I have an app which is basically a neighborhood snooping/gossip tool. All that stuff shows up on mine. I don't live in LA or even CA, but everyone on that app talks about everything....MOO

The app is well known, but I don't want to mention the name because I've never seen it referenced on WS, so I will leave it at that.

DNA match in Rachel Morin case fuels more questions, uncertainty in community - WBFF
<snipped & BBM>
While a suspect has been identified, the DNA match appears to be fueling more questions and uncertainty from community members.

“Did she know him?” asked one woman at the Ma & Pa Trail on Friday afternoon. “Did she not know him? Is he from here? It’s a lot of unanswered questions. That time of the night?”

Others are still surprised that such a violent crime took place in this community.

[...]

On Friday, the Harford County Sheriff’s Office said it received about 150 tips following Thursday night’s press conference.

There are no plans to patrol other parks or trails, an agency spokesperson said Friday, though patrols of the Ma & Pa Trail are expected to continue.

LAPD Capt. Kelly Muniz said the video comes from a March 26 “hot prowler” burglary in South L.A., which means he burglarized an occupied home. Muniz said a person was assaulted in that incident, but it was not a sexual assault. Hartford County sheriff’s officials said the assault victim was a minor. LAPD collected DNA during the burglary investigation.

The video from an exterior camera shows the suspect closing the home’s front door and walking down the steps, away from the house. Davis said investigators released the home security footage hoping someone in L.A. or Maryland would recognize the suspect.

What Is A Hot Prowl​

and yet someone walks him out the door. weird. He left when asked during a HOT PROWL? So weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia