Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SEP 4, 2023
[...]

"There's definitely somebody in this area that knows who he is, but they may be in denial that the person they know is this person," Matthew McMahon, the father of Morin's oldest child, said.

McMahon contacted that criminal profiler, Pat Brown, to help solve the homicide that is haunting Harford County.

[...]

Brown says he must know someone in Bel Air if he traveled there from California. It's possible that he lives or works near the Ma & Pa Heritage Trail.

"We don't think a person we know—one of our relatives, one of our friends, the next-door neighbor, the guy who's working for us—we don't recognize them as serial killers," Brown said. "So, that's why after they're caught, we're like, wow."

Morin's family will be back out on the Ma & Pa Heritage Trail on Tuesday night to pass out the flyers. They expect to be out there around 5:30 p.m., and would like it if community members joined them.

The flyers have also been printed in Spanish.

[...]

See the flyers below @wjz
1693882873062.png

This was a reported crime, not just a random incident caught on camera. Police know who reported the crime and they investigated, or else we wouldn't have DNA. So if the victim and family members that reported a burglary and assault knew who he was/is, why wouldn't police just announce his name and what they know about him? Why would they be trying to identify him?

Not picking on you, but just trying to understand why people continue to insist that the victim knows who this is. Maybe I'm missing some thing obvious.
No worries, I don’t think you’re picking on me. I was watching one of the 24hr news channels and happened to catch an interview with an LE official involved in the investigation and he was being asked certain questions regarding the case in California and the connection to RM. His response to questions regarding the camera footage gave me the impression there’s more to the story than we’ve been told. I live in Cali so being curious I searched for news articles online, but had a very hard time finding any mention of that specific crime. I think I found 1 blurb about it. That seems odd to me. I think LE might be playing a game of cat & mouse with the suspect. jmo.

Since no one else said it, I'll take the bait.
LA, Chicago and Baltimore (Baltimore to Bel Air is under and hour) are Heroin hubs...
Our suspect with the Edgar hairstyles isn't in the military he's in a cartel or gang and he is drug running. MOO

Checked in to see if there was an update.
:(

STILL haven't caught the monster ?

Hopefully it will be SOON !
Justice for Rachel and all of the other victims of this poi.
I believe there could be more than the break in and the murder of Rachel.
People like this don't really stop, they just move on to another city if the heat is on.
Omo.

I'm very interested in the Chicago lead. I wonder if a crime took place there before or after Baltimore and they possibly had collected DNA that matched and put him there at a certain time. Or it's quite possible that they received a tip that put him in that area but would love to know more about this new specific city they are looking into. Could they have already traced DNA back to a relative who lives in Chicago?

No worries, I don’t think you’re picking on me. I was watching one of the 24hr news channels and happened to catch an interview with an LE official involved in the investigation and he was being asked certain questions regarding the case in California and the connection to RM. His response to questions regarding the camera footage gave me the impression there’s more to the story than we’ve been told. I live in Cali so being curious I searched for news articles online, but had a very hard time finding any mention of that specific crime. I think I found 1 blurb about it. That seems odd to me. I think LE might be playing a game of cat & mouse with the suspect. jmo.

Agree. I too think there is more to this than what we've been told. It is possible that they have a name but the name turned out to be a phony name/alias that lead nowhere. This is just a guess of course but I would think if they had something like this they would intentionally hold it back. It would have value to them in their investigation but would be of no value to us the public, unless the phony name was widely used publicly. I'm thinking of Rex Heuermann, and of how he had many alias/internet SNs that we the public never knew about until his arrest.

jmo

I'm very interested in the Chicago lead. I wonder if a crime took place there before or after Baltimore and they possibly had collected DNA that matched and put him there at a certain time. Or it's quite possible that they received a tip that put him in that area but would love to know more about this new specific city they are looking into. Could they have already traced DNA back to a relative who lives in Chicago?

[BBM] That was the first thing that came to my mind too. That would be interesting.

jmo

LA, Chicago and Baltimore (Baltimore to Bel Air is under and hour) are Heroin hubs...
Our suspect with the Edgar hairstyles isn't in the military he's in a cartel or gang and he is drug running. MOO

He doesn't strike me as the drug cartel or gang leader type. Maybe it's unconscious stereotyping on my part but he actually looked to me like he could be a college kid if not military.

jmo

There is no evidence to suggest cross country heroin dealing is involved. That would imply a high level gang member. Cartel members are vetted and are focused on the business of making money for the cartel. Killing is done for the cartel.

Lots of people have Edgar haircuts and aren't murderers or cross country drug dealers. Many of them are street gang wannabe types, but don't progress to more than that.

Our most famous Edgar haircut incident involved a football player hitting a referee.

This happened in 2015 and locals were introduced to this weird haircut. Because of this, it was given name the " ____ high school haircut". Kids with that hair cut were known to hang out at the mall arcade and it was also given the name the "_____ mall haircut"

Last edited:
I don’t think they’re going to arrest someone for this crime for a long time (if at all). Of course if they get a name then things would ramp up quickly. A lot of immigrant communities (legal citizens or illegal aliens) families are wary to trust LE or want to interact with them and I think this could be an issue with getting some tips called in. JMO

I don’t think they’re going to arrest someone for this crime for a long time (if at all). Of course if they get a name then things would ramp up quickly. A lot of immigrant communities (legal citizens or illegal aliens) families are wary to trust LE or want to interact with them and I think this could be an issue with getting some tips called in. JMO

This is certainly true, IMO, but I think true only of illegal immigrants.

An American born Hispanic has no need to fear police (if such person is law-abiding) and ICE is not a factor for an American citizen.

Long ago I was married to a Puerto Rican who was born in NYC. Puerto Ricans are American citizens, of course, but he was different from his parents who were born and raised in Puerto Rico.

For one thing, he was heads taller than his father, and he used to tell me it’s because he was able to drink milk growing up and his father didn’t have ready access to milk.

I don’t know if that is true, but it was my first thought when I saw this video..the guy is tallish, so maybe he was born here.

Also, as a teacher who has met thousands and thousands of parents, a fairly common denominator among Mexican fathers IME is that they were usually short (but had a head full of hair)!

My gut feeling is that this suspect is NOT born in America and may or may not be legal, but again, his height made me go “hhhmm.”

Just guessing, and just my opinion and personal observations.

Last edited:
This is certainly true, IMO, but I think true only of illegal immigrants.

An American born Hispanic has no need to fear police (if such person is law-abiding) and ICE is not a factor for an American citizen.

Long ago I was married to a Puerto Rican who was born in NYC. Puerto Ricans are American citizens, of course, but he was different from his parents who were born and raised in Puerto Rico.

For one thing, he was heads taller than his father, and he used to tell me it’s because he was able to drink milk growing up and his father didn’t have ready access to milk.

I don’t know if this is true, but it was my first thought when I saw this video..the guy is tallish, so maybe he was born here.

Also, as a teacher who has met thousands and thousands of parents, a fairly common denominator among Mexican fathers IME is that they were usually short (but had a head full of hair)!

My gut feeling is is that this suspect is NOT born in America and may or may not be legal, but again, his height made me go “hhhmm.”

Just guessing, and my opinion and personal
observations.

Actually, I agree with you and I misspoke in terms of including American born Hispanics. 1000% am in the same camp as far as your gut feeling.

I don’t know if that is true, but it was my first thought when I saw this video..the guy is tallish, so maybe he was born here.
That is changing in Mexico. (Esp Northern Mexico) It's changed since the 90's. Now they have WalMart and HEB etc down there. Weight and height is now more similar to US citizens than it used to be.

There is no evidence to suggest cross country heroin dealing is involved. That would imply a high level gang member. Cartel members are vetted and are focused on the business of making money for the cartel. Killing is done for the cartel.

Lots of people have Edgar haircuts and aren't murderers or cross country drug dealers. Many of them are street gang wannabe types, but don't progress to more than that.

Our most famous Edgar haircut incident involved a football player hitting a referee.

This happened in 2015 and locals were introduced to this weird haircut. Because of this, it was given name the " ____ high school haircut". Kids with that hair cut were known to hang out at the mall arcade and it was also given the name the "_____ mall haircut"

Genuinely curious as to what other job would afford our young suspect to be in those three expensive cities? It has nothing to do with the haircut, it was to do with 1) he’s a criminal allegedly 2) the locations are all known heroin hotspots

Cartel members are vetted as much as you can vet someone who either by coercion or force choses to join one. Its not like the talent pool is MIT and Harvard grads.

Genuinely curious as to what other job would afford our young suspect to be in those three expensive cities? It has nothing to do with the haircut, it was to do with 1) he’s a criminal allegedly 2) the locations are all known heroin hotspots

Cartel members are vetted as much as you can vet someone who either by coercion or force choses to join one. Its not like the talent pool is MIT and Harvard grads.
Then, he won't be caught alive.

My first impression of the Ring camera images is someone who was a high school wrestler in the past bc of that curved back. MOO

He's definitely athletic. I can't get a possible gym connection out of my head but on a reasonable level I keep telling myself that after all of these weeks surely they scoped out the gym (and the tanning salon) and have already viewed any footage. If he was in one of those 2 places they would alert the public I'd think because there is a chance there are other people who could identify him.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member