Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Rice, Murtha, Psoras, the law firm representing Morin’s family, announced earlier this month that the reward for any information leading to an arrest and conviction had increased to $35,000 thanks to a $5,000 donation from a true crime podcast that documented the case.

“Remember Rachel, remember the area she was in … if anyone remembers anything moving forward … those small details can be the details that break the case open,” said Lane.

Rice, Murtha, Psoras, the law firm representing Morin’s family, announced earlier this month that the reward for any information leading to an arrest and conviction had increased to $35,000 thanks to a $5,000 donation from a true crime podcast that documented the case.

“Remember Rachel, remember the area she was in … if anyone remembers anything moving forward … those small details can be the details that break the case open,” said Lane.

oh wait Dan Abrams said the suspect was in the Maryland area days BEFORE Rachel's murder...ok so the DNA guy was in Maryland!
So they must have a name right?!?
I can only imagine what her poor mom goes through not knowing what is going on. :(

I sort of have renewed hope about this case... I know his DNA must not be in any criminal databases, how far is LE allowed to go to track his DNA in other databases (familial DNA). I know it's been used to solve some cases but I also know there seems to be an issue with it in the Idaho 4 case

I sort of have renewed hope about this case... I know his DNA must not be in any criminal databases, how far is LE allowed to go to track his DNA in other databases (familial DNA). I know it's been used to solve some cases but I also know there seems to be an issue with it in the Idaho 4 case
All it takes is one relative who has opted in, correct?

Is there currently a warning posted at the trail entrance regarding this crime? A lot of times local people don’t even know. Not only should people be informed about it but it might lead to additional leads also.

Regarding the hair cut….wondering whether the perp could be playing soccer? Travel ball of sorts? Seems like a lot of soccer players have the sides shaved like that? Regarding the ears….maybe wrestling? Wonder whether he was in the area for a sporting event. Or maybe a person who crossed the border and travelled from LA eventually to the East Coast?

Linking an interesting Nancy Grace episode. One of the interviews that I thought was especially interesting is with Michael Streed, the artist who created the sketches. She also talks to the father of Rachel's oldest child; a former FBI profiler; a forensic pathologist; a trauma expert; a reporter/anchor who is a former police officer & PI; and chief of the Special Victims & Family Violence Unit, Prince Georges County, MD.

If the guy in cali has a twin would their dna be the same?
Theoretically, yes, in identical twins. In 15% of cases, however, there are mutations that allow to discriminate between two DNAs, even in identical twins.

Linking an interesting Nancy Grace episode. One of the interviews that I thought was especially interesting is with Michael Streed, the artist who created the sketches. She also talks to the father of Rachel's oldest child; a former FBI profiler; a forensic pathologist; a trauma expert; a reporter/anchor who is a former police officer & PI; and chief of the Special Victims & Family Violence Unit, Prince Georges County, MD.

Can I be her in my next life ?

A long shot, but what about this guy? A lot of similarities between the Laken Riley and Rachel Morin murders. Could he be the guy in the LA doorbell cam photo/video?

All speculation, jmo

A long shot, but what about this guy? A lot of similarities between the Laken Riley and Rachel Morin murders. Could he be the guy in the LA doorbell cam photo/video?

All speculation, jmo
MO seems similar enough for details given. Weight, hair, markings (tattoos) can change. He arrived in El Paso in Sept 2022, not a long way from El Paso to LA, less than 12 hours by car.

IMOo

All speculation, jmo
Was wondering the same. And with his recent travels seems he gets around. Maybe detectives can determine his whereabouts at the time of attack on RM, and the CA case. And also a DNA comparison made as well? MOO

MO seems similar enough for details given. Weight, hair, markings (tattoos) can change. He arrived in El Paso in Sept 2022, not a long way from El Paso to LA, less than 12 hours by car. IMOo
I took notice of your post. Couldn't find any height, etc., descriptions of Jose Antonio Ibarra though. Did you see his height and weight someplace? Gee, his brother was one of the three men questioned, and is under federal arrest (see article below). What's his brother look like?

This may be one of the first times I posted on Rachel Morin's thread, but I've followed along and been haunted by the case knowing they know so much about her elusive killer.

MOO, it's really stayed on my mind the similarities, not just in looks, but also the victims doing similar activities and it being a crime opportunity. Plus, it sounds like JAI has gotten around to a few different locations.

<modsnip - not an approved source>​

Last edited by a moderator:
If they arrested him previously would they not have already had his DNA? If so than it can't be the same guy or they would have known who they were looking for when they searched Codis.
Good questions. You spark a bunch more questions I wish I could answer. AFAIK, they didn't seem to have the LA guy's identity, only his DNA, because he didn't have a match on file. Correct me if I'm wrong. If this Jose guy didn't get arrested for a felony, or maybe the right type of crime, then maybe no sample would be on file.

Just going to post some links to further the discussion. I don't know much about it.

I think if someone is arrested, but it isn't a felony, then they don't take take a sample? It seems some crimes, maybe immigration crimes, wouldn't apply, in say for an example in Texas, to take a sample.

Also wondering if certain states have their own rules. It has to be a felony, or certain misdemeanors, in NYS -- "Presently, any offender convicted of a New York State felony offense or Penal Law misdemeanor is required to provide a DNA sample for inclusion in the Databank."

All I can say is there's enough of a similarity that I hope the person who described the guy in the sketch, that person needs to take a look at this JAI guy. They'd probably know. The cases may not be connected. Still, it's very sad this happened to two women-- Laken Hope Riley and Rachel Morin. I've been waiting for an arrest in Rachel's case and praying it happens soon.

Middle pics are of JAI, only posting these to COMPARE.
1708766844344.png..1708766791600.png..1708766479364.png

Suspect in University of Georgia killing didn’t know victim and is not a student on the campus, authorities say ( MSN article here)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back