Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To date, the "tracker" has certainly been an interesting piece of the puzzle. Why he chose to place himself smack dab in the middle of things remains very curious to me. Could be something, could be nothing. Since all his narrative has been all over MSM I see no reason not to be aware and shine a light on it. As far as I know . granted from his account to MSM, it was his step daughter who found the body in the drain, at his direction, in about an hour after arriving at the park. To me that is a pretty significant event.
Talking about one thing does not preclude other discussion on other case aspects imo
ALL JMO
The problem is when the focus starts being on this person constantly and the focus starts being on him more and more. People start trying to dissect everything said and trying to figure out if he’s involved-when there’s no reason to focus heavily on him or read more into what he’s said or done more than necessary. IMO he’s a red herring, and nothing more. So what if he’s “smack dab” in the middle of it? There’s so many reasons why he could have done that-and not all of them are evil.

His narrative may be helpful (or not so much) but overly focusing on him like he’s a POI and trying to turn him into something he may not be distracts from the known facts. There’s a difference between discussing his words and going down the rabbit hole to try and go overly deep into his words and actions to the point where it’s almost insinuating he had something to do with this. And yes, IMO it seems to be happening in quite a few posts-which is why I say it.

Last edited:
I haven’t gotten the idea he is suggesting he was at the crime scene. My understanding from his interviews is that he admits he didn’t find the body, but his stepdaughter did, so it seems obvious to me he is relaying what he heard from his stepdaughter, who was likely traumatized and shared details with him since he was there with her.

He should absolutely STFU, regardless.

Edited to add : I could have missed something, but I’ve only heard MG report that his stepdaughter found the body so I don’t feel he has ever misrepresented whether he saw what he describes. I’ve always gotten the impression he is describing what his stepdaughter told him, but I could have some confirmation bias going

I was reading this!!

Michael Gabriszeski and his stepdaughter volunteered to help search for Morin on Sunday near the Ma & Pa Heritage Trail in Bel Air, where the 37-year-old mother was last seen jogging on Saturday evening.

"I told my stepdaughter … 'She’s not going to be laying out in the open. She's going to be tucked away,'" Gabriszeski told FOX 45 Baltimore.

Gabriszeski said he kept seeing visions of tunnels in his mind prior to finding Morin, and when he saw tunnel drains along the Ma & Pa trail, he "got chills."

His stepdaughter eventually found Morin's body surrounded by a pool of blood in a tunnel drain around 1 p.m. Sunday, Gabriszeski told FOX 45.

I saw a terrible mess," he told the outlet. "There's not going to be an open casket, I can guarantee you that."

Gabriszeski added that Morin appeared to have "severe head trauma" that was possibly the result of a rock or baseball bat, and his stepdaughter apparently found a rock covered in blood near the crime scene.

Harford County Sheriff's Office

Sroostnepd8g7t045tl5mfi4918ah48140u1l6fu0237il183c0t0848i230 ·

#Helpuslocate #rachelmorin
Detectives have been made aware of potential witnesses that may have observed Rachel Morin on the trail. These individuals were walking on the Ma and PA trail from the Rt. 24 tunnel toward the split in the trail that leads to the Williams Street trailhead between 6:00 pm and 7:30 pm. These witnesses were described as either being 3 men, 2 women and 2 dogs OR 2 men, 3 women and 2 dogs.
If this is you, please reach out to Sgt. Maddox at maddoxc@harfordsheriff.org.
Thank you!
Very interesting! Wondering if these potential witnesses were spotted on a camera or cameras? MOO

I was reading this!!

Michael Gabriszeski and his stepdaughter volunteered to help search for Morin on Sunday near the Ma & Pa Heritage Trail in Bel Air, where the 37-year-old mother was last seen jogging on Saturday evening.

"I told my stepdaughter … 'She’s not going to be laying out in the open. She's going to be tucked away,'" Gabriszeski told FOX 45 Baltimore.

Gabriszeski said he kept seeing visions of tunnels in his mind prior to finding Morin, and when he saw tunnel drains along the Ma & Pa trail, he "got chills."

His stepdaughter eventually found Morin's body surrounded by a pool of blood in a tunnel drain around 1 p.m. Sunday, Gabriszeski told FOX 45.

I saw a terrible mess," he told the outlet. "There's not going to be an open casket, I can guarantee you that."

Gabriszeski added that Morin appeared to have "severe head trauma" that was possibly the result of a rock or baseball bat, and his stepdaughter apparently found a rock covered in blood near the crime scene.

I do find some of this...eyebrow raising, let's call it. There's an underlying presumption by him that she is deceased. She is "tucked away"... why would he think that? Why couldn't she simply be injured? She's running, sprains an ankle. She leaves her car there, goes to meet someone in their car on the downlow. Lots of possibilities.

As others pointed out, it's possible he's created a narrative to paint himself as the hero, the expert SAR who outsearched police as a way to gain publicity for himself.

The alternative...well. I'll leave that to LE.

The sheriff also denied claims made by Michael Gabriszeski who insisted he and his stepdaughter found Morin’s body. While Mr Gabriszeski gave graphic accounts of what he claimed he saw to multiple outlets, the sheriff’s office told The Independent he wasn’t even “within eyesight of the crime scene”.

<modsnip: Removed info from questionable source>

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is when the focus starts being on this person constantly and the focus starts being on him more and more. People start trying to dissect everything said and trying to figure out if he’s involved-when there’s no reason to focus heavily on him or read more into what he’s said or done more than necessary. IMO he’s a red herring, and nothing more. So what if he’s “smack dab” in the middle of it? There’s so many reasons why he could have done that-and not all of them are evil.

His narrative may be helpful (or not so much) but overly focusing on him like he’s a POI and trying to turn him into something he may not be distracts from the known facts. There’s a difference between discussing his words and going down the rabbit hole to try and go overly deep into his words and actions to the point where it’s almost insinuating he had something to do with this. And yes, IMO it seems to be happening in quite a few posts-which is why I say it.
Whether he did this for his 15 minutes of fame or for some other reason, the fact is he shined the spotlight on himself. Is he distracting? Yes, but so are all the people calling in the false tips to law enforcement.

Very interesting! Wondering if these potential witnesses were spotted on a camera or cameras? MOO
As far as we know the park had no surveillance cameras. It is entirely possible these potential witnesses may have been spotted in pictures or videos of others at the park that day - or just by people passing by seeing them entering/exiting the park. JMO

“It has only been 4 days since we received the horrific news. I ask that as mothers, fathers, brothers, and sisters, that you would please have compassion on us and allow us this,” Rachel Morin’s mother, Patty Morin, wrote in an open letter shared on her daughter Rebekah’s Facebook page Thursday.

“If you have experienced the loss of a dear loved one, then you know how hard it can be to express the pain that you feel in your heart. When it’s sudden and tragic, your mind looks for ways to cope,” she added.

“As a mom, I appreciate the outpouring of love and support from family, friends, and the worldwide community that grieves with me for my young daughter.”

"That’s somebody's mother, somebody's daughter. She left behind five children," Gabriszeski said.

Last edited:
AUG 10, 2023
[...]

... the Harford County Sheriff’s Office told NewsNation that Gabriszeski didn’t find or even see Morin’s body.

“He had no first-hand knowledge of the crime scene. At this time, we do not want to offer him any more notoriety. Additionally, continued discussion can hurt the investigation. To us, it is clear he has provided differing information to different news stations and our investigators. Based on our information, he would not have any first-hand knowledge of the crime scene.”

Former homicide detective Fil Waters joined NewsNation’s “Banfield” to discuss the homicide investigation.

“There are many times where, for whatever reasons, people want to insert themselves into one of these high profile homicides,” Waters said.

“And he may be one of those people, if it was, in fact, his stepdaughter that found Rachel, and detailed to him what she saw. Then he’s given to embellishment, exaggeration and so forth and so on. ,,, He wants to bring attention to himself. Therefore, he’s going to be saying much more than perhaps the facts actually are.”

[...]

AUG 10, 2023
Police in Harford County have received over 200 tips in connection to the death of Rachel Morin, but many have been fake.

[...]

"If people are putting false information out there or guesses out there, coming up with their own theories of what happened and people are running with that, that can distract our investigation. Because if people have leads, we're going to follow up on those leads, and we want our detectives focused on things that are actual facts and not things that are made up by other people," Col. William Davis said.

[...]

Police said they have not ruled out the killing being a random act of violence, so they are warning walkers to watch their surroundings and avoid taking the path without a partner until a suspect is found.

[...]

I have seen in the past day or two and again up here [BBM], that they have not ruled out a random act of violence. This seems like a shift in focus to me. Maybe someone's alibi checked out out or they expect it to check out.

jmo

There has been a lot of speculation as to why nobody apparently saw or heard anything on a popular trail. I imagine when she started out it was quite bright, but a little later as the sun gets lower in the sky, sections of the trail shaded by trees become much darker than the open areas. By 7:00 pm, the number of people still out walking/jogging would likely drop off dramatically. If she was approached from behind with a hand over her mouth and an arm around her neck, unfortunately she could have been dragged off the trail quickly and quietly.
There is also a possibility that someone called to her from off trail for help feigning injury or sickness.
Another, (longshot), possibility is that she had arranged a tryst with a new love interest wherein they agreed to meet off trail near the tunnel/ditches for a quick meetup.
As regards the BF, LE has not indicated at this point that he is a POI. Did he have an ex or admirer that was jealous of the relationship between RM and him?
Hopefully, LE is getting closer to identifying a suspect.
Murder by stranger is quite rare and the most difficult homicide to solve because there are no connections between the suspect and the victim. This is why witnesses and cctv footage becomes crucial to helping identify a killer in this type of situation.

Harford County Sheriff's Office

15h ·

#Helpuslocate #rachelmorin
Detectives have been made aware of potential witnesses that may have observed Rachel Morin on the trail. These individuals were walking on the Ma and PA trail from the Rt. 24 tunnel toward the split in the trail that leads to the Williams Street trailhead between 6:00 pm and 7:30 pm. These witnesses were described as either being 3 men, 2 women and 2 dogs OR 2 men, 3 women and 2 dogs.
If this is you, please reach out to Sgt. Maddox at maddoxc@harfordsheriff.org.
Thank you!

The family is planning a celebration of life and a 5K with a “trail of flowers” in honor of Morin, her mother wrote in the statement, which was posted on the Facebook page of Rebekah Morin, the sister of the slain woman.

“As a mom, I appreciate the outpouring of love and support from family, friends and the worldwide community that grieves with me for my young daughter,” Morin’s mother wrote.

I just noticed that Harford Police Department updated the post from yesterday stating that the individuals they were looking to talk to about being on the trail at the same time (the 5 people and 2 dogs possibly seen there) have been identified. Thought I'd share. It was updated 8 minutes ago.

There has been a lot of speculation as to why nobody apparently saw or heard anything on a popular trail. I imagine when she started out it was quite bright, but a little later as the sun gets lower in the sky, sections of the trail shaded by trees become much darker than the open areas. By 7:00 pm, the number of people still out walking/jogging would likely drop off dramatically. If she was approached from behind with a hand over her mouth and an arm around her neck, unfortunately she could have been dragged off the trail quickly and quietly.
There is also a possibility that someone called to her from off trail for help feigning injury or sickness.
Another, (longshot), possibility is that she had arranged a tryst with a new love interest wherein they agreed to meet off trail near the tunnel/ditches for a quick meetup.
As regards the BF, LE has not indicated at this point that he is a POI. Did he have an ex or admirer that was jealous of the relationship between RM and him?
Hopefully, LE is getting closer to identifying a suspect.
Murder by stranger is quite rare and the most difficult homicide to solve because there are no connections between the suspect and the victim. This is why witnesses and cctv footage becomes crucial to helping identify a killer in this type of situation.

Agree. Do you think LE initially proceeded on the "Nothing to worry about here, folks" theory bc of the state of her body; the condition/circumstances of the crime scene. In other words, rage which might indicate this was personal and she knew her attacker? If she was a victim of SA I think that helps to clear the BF.

Just jmo

This has certainly taken an unusual twist. First we hear from the father of a friend of the deceased, claiming to be an eye-witness, that it was a brutal murder. Then we hear that this man was not there and doesn't know what he's talking about.

Does that put us back to square one, where suicide and accident are possibilities?

This has certainly taken an unusual twist. First we hear from the father of a friend of the deceased, claiming to be an eye-witness, that it was a brutal murder. Then we hear that this man was not there and doesn't know what he's talking about.

Does that put us back to square one, where suicide and accident are possibilities?

No @otto, thank goodness, the Sheriff has ensured the public that Rachel was a victim of a violent homicide.

Harford County Sheriffs Office FB

"Together we will solve this crime and find the heinous coward who took Rachel Morin from her family and friends." - Sheriff Jeffrey R. Gahler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiosities