Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk but they are sure coming down on the boyfriend. My thoughts after reading so much is they are mad because it took them awhile to question him & get his dna. moo
As revealed in the media, his criminal history is concerning. Can’t blame them for wanting him checked out quickly. Was this a relatively new relationship? Sort of sounds like it. Maybe they saw red flags before the murder occurred?

As revealed in the media, his criminal history is concerning. Can’t blame them for wanting him checked out quickly. Was this a relatively new relationship? Sort of sounds like it. Maybe they saw red flags before the murder occurred?
They were a 'Facebook Official' couple just days before the murder. I get the impression they had been dating for several months. I don't know if BF has been officially cleared as a POI. He was with RM's children, so I think his alibi must be easy to verify.

JMO

I think she was found right inside the tunnel
I'm thinking that any ring camera or other camera by the entrance may not have captured the perp. It's possible the perp was IN the park already, not someone who followed her in. I think we can assume the perp was familiar with the tunnels before the attack and knew how to disappear without being on the trail near the site.

Total hunch and speculation.

jmo

I don’t think the new BF has anything to gain seeing RM gone. If he was with the children then I would assume things were going well. However what are the baby daddy’s records? Custody’s hearings, child support? Just questions…….I personally don’t think he had anything to do with it. If the report that she was on dating sites is correct, then she could have put out there that she runs this trail.

I'm thinking that any ring camera or other camera by the entrance may not have captured the perp. It's possible the perp was IN the park already, not someone who followed her in. I think we can assume the perp was familiar with the tunnels before the attack and knew how to disappear without being on the trail near the site.

Total hunch and speculation.

jmo
That's what I am thinking.

That the perp was already in the tunnel and/ or at the park already

"On the afternoon of her death Rachel Morin, 37, stopped at Glow – The Bronzing Studio on Red Pump Road in Bel Air for her daily spray tan at 2 p.m."

The boyfriend "Tobin confirmed in a now-deleted Facebook comment they went to the gym together.

The Post has since discovered the couple went to a Planet Fitness."

"Tobin...also revealed in a now-deleted comment he dropped her off at her home shortly before 5 p.m.

Morin then went to the hiking trail and was last spotted sometime between the hours of 6 and 7:30 p.m."

I don’t think the new BF has anything to gain seeing RM gone. If he was with the children then I would assume things were going well. However what are the baby daddy’s records? Custody’s hearings, child support? Just questions…….I personally don’t think he had anything to do with it. If the report that she was on dating sites is correct, then she could have put out there that she runs this trail.
I agree, although one thing sticks in my mind and that’s it’s possible something came up that afternoon that really angered him. I don’t think he did it, but if she told him something or they fought, anger can do awful things if one is prone to it.

My hunch at this point is it was a stranger attack.

My opinion, subject to change as we learn more.

jmo

I agree, although one thing sticks in my mind and that’s it’s possible something came up that afternoon that really angered him. I don’t think he did it, but if she told him something or they fought, anger can do awful things if one is prone to it.
I think if the perp was someone she knew, that person would conceal/bury the body not leave it in the park for someone to find.

speculation only.

jmo

If he did do something to her which caused her death, I would think they he would have taken her body somewhere else and not the park that she runs on all the time. Jmo

I find a few things interesting here but not that they mean anything. So if they went to Planet Fitness together why would they say they were unable to confirm if he went to his home gym that day as well, what is the point? And I’ve done plenty of spray tans over the years for just weddings/events (which you certainly don’t need to do daily as they last half to full week)and the #1 thing they tell you is not to swear or shower so again nothing to do with anything but you normally wouldn’t do a spray tan and then go straight to the gym. And then walking again later that night. I am by no means a fitness buff but it just seems odd they’d say he might have been to two gyms and she’s doing gym and walking trail alone all while she has 5 kids to watch. I know oldest is said to be 18 but I’m curious how young the others are?
I believe the media stated that the youngest child is 3 years old.

I think if the perp was someone she knew, that person would conceal/bury the body not leave it in the park for someone to find.

speculation only.

jmo

I agree with that, but if it wasn’t premeditated, they may have run out of the park after dragging her into the tunnel, unable to think clearly enough about what to do next. That is, like if it was someone who ran with her, and then they got into an argument and things went badly, unexpectedly.

If he did do something to her which caused her death, I would think they he would have taken her body somewhere else and not the park that she runs on all the time. Jmo

I agree with that, but if it wasn’t premeditated, they may have run out of the park after dragging her into the tunnel, unable to think clearly enough about what to do next. That is, like if it was someone who ran with her, and then they got into an argument and things went badly, unexpectedly.
I was also thinking that as well

But why to leave the bloodied stone with possible DNA of the perp nearby the tunnel?

And what happened to her clothes?
Were they nearby too?

Of course if the tale of the tracker is true.

But why to leave the bloodied stone with possible DNA of the perp nearby the tunnel?

And what happened to her clothes?
Were they nearby too?

Of course if the tale of the tracker is true.
I think saying she was nude may have been running shorts pulled down, top pulled up. There isn't much to running clothing these days.

Can someone point out where the drainage culverts are on the map below? Not sure if the access to them is off RT 24 or somewhere near the Mansion. I clearly see the starting point at the other end off Williams & W Ellendale.

Drainage tunnels are located at the blue dot on this map…

Attachments

• IMG_0974.jpeg
    IMG_0974.jpeg
    99.4 KB · Views: 11
From the New York Post
"Meanwhile, Rachel’s family has enlisted nationally renowned criminal defense attorney Joseph Murtha to represent them as they ask for privacy during this difficult time."

So ... I wonder if some of our legal folks can help me understand why Rachel's family would enlist the services of a criminal defense attorney.

Idk but they are sure coming down on the boyfriend. My thoughts after reading so much is they are mad because it took them awhile to question him & get his dna. moo
Where is the information regarding the family coming down on the boyfriend? I seem to have missed that, can you share? Thanks @imstilla.grandma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz