Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The LA attack happened on March 26 in LA's 77th Division

Suspect in woman’s brutal murder in Maryland linked to Los Angeles home invasion - KTLA
<snipped & BBM>
The Los Angeles Police Department later confirmed that the assault and break-in happened on March 26 in the jurisdiction of the 77th Division, which encompasses part of South Central.

The LAPD is in contact with authorities in Maryland and offering assistance with their homicide investigation, while simultaneously pursuing leads related to the March break-in.
This is excellent. It's exactly what I was hoping they'd do. Plaster the news all over LA again. Really make people LOOK at this guy because that footage is what he looked like when he was there.

jmo

I'm more worried about what he might've done between LA and Maryland. Lots of under-reporting of less Media-Worthy victims. Sorry to say that, but it's the reality.

MOO If RM had been assaulted and left alive, I don't think we'd ever hear of her case.

ETA I think I said this before but sad as the thought is, RM could very well turn out to be another Shannan Gilbert. She could be responsible for catching this guy in prior unsolved crimes if he committed any. And, if that does end up being the case, then that is a gift she will have given to countless families. Just like Shannan has.

jmo

Last edited:
His ears seem to curl down or stick out at the top. As was pointed out earlier, the young girl is an eye witness who knows that he is hispanic, and would have said something if one of his ears is missing.
Photo link upthread @dotr

1692331820478.png

Replying to the thread in general, excuse me if this has been addressed.
Can anyone tell if he is in his sock feet or wearing shoes in this video from LA?
-I don't know that it matters, just a curiosity of mine. Wondering if he had wet shoes after murdering RM or took the time to take his shoes off...If she was found in the drainage tunnel under Hwy 24, there would probably be wet feet. IDK-

My eyes often deceive me. Hmm.
(still on page 54 so will catch up)

Also, the haircut seems to be a modified version of a mohawk. Very common IMO. Whatever style it is, it's clean and neat in appearance, however it could have been done just about anywhere.

Back to reading your posts and thinking of Rachel's family right now.

ETA I would have to think he avoided the security cams on homes and redlights in this case, or we'd have new video of him. Is he learning as he goes, or does he even care?

Chi
View attachment 441633
I wondered the same, but couldn't tell if he had shoes on? But I think I see a cell phone in his pocket?

The arm seen in the video makes it seem like he's being ushered out the door. Like he's talking to someone while making a quick exit. Then the door slams hard enough to bounce the external decoration pretty good.

What if that arm doesn't belong to the victim, but maybe someone who caught him in a bedroom with the victim (parent/guardian/sibling). Perhaps he was caught in a sexual act with the minor, quickly throws on his sweats, grabs the rest of his belongings, rushes out the door as he is "splaining" to an adult on the way out.

He's not avoiding the camera per say. But speaking of that camera, where is the footage of him entering the house? How did he come in? If this was a home invasion, the arm in the video slamming the door is truly puzzling. Could it be that aspect of the story was inflated by a young person who couldn't say what really happened without getting in trouble with her parents?

Please don't think I'm being insensitive to the victim in saying the above, that's not my intent.

Last edited:
I wondered the same, but couldn't tell if he had shoes on? But I think I see a cell phone in his pocket?

The arm seen in the video makes it seem like he's being ushered out the door. Like he's talking to someone while making a quick exit. Then the door slams hard enough to bounce the external decoration pretty good.

What if that arm doesn't belong to the victim, but maybe someone who caught him in a bedroom with the victim (parent/guardian/sibling). Perhaps he was caught in a sexual act with the minor, quickly throws on his sweats, grabs the rest of his belongings, rushes out the door as he is "splaining" to an adult on the way out.

He's not avoiding the camera per say. But speaking of that camera, where is the footage of him entering the house? How did he come in? If this was a home invasion, the arm in the video slamming the door is truly puzzling. Could it be that aspect of the story was inflated by a young person who couldn't say what really happened without getting in trouble with her parents?

Please don't think I'm being insensitive to the victim in saying the above, that's not my intent.
Looks like white shoes.

1692335629329.png

Need to get some sleep, hard to do when thinking about this case, and so many others.

Personally, in the video from LA he seems to be in sockfeet to me. I guess you with better eyes will figure it out.

I don't think LA will become (excuse me) all concerned or worked up about this murder. They are so removed from it and dealing with so many problems that come from being in such a huge "city".

I would so like to believe this connection would just encompass LA news, oh how I do. However, I don't think it will. Sadly.

The best hope for solving this crime with the unidentified DNA right now, IMHO, is the FBI involvement. They won't give up. Neither will the local community in Bel Air.

Please don't give up FBI.
---Yes, the FBI still runs CODIS in 2023. The Combined DNA Index System (CODIS) is a national database of DNA profiles maintained by the FBI. CODIS provides a local, state, and federal tiered search and storage capability for DNA records submitted by participating Criminal Justice Agency forensic laboratories and Criminal Justice Booking Agencies1. CODIS allows users to search these DNA records to identify crime scene offenders, missing persons, or unidentified human remains, or to link multiple crime scene

---We've seen this link. I needed to read it again.

[emphasis mine and I'm not endorsing any particular news source, just found it handy]

"DNA taken from the Rachel Morin crime scene has been linked to an unidentified suspect in a Los Angeles home invasion, Colonel William Davis of the Harford County Sheriff’s Office announced Thursday night.
Davis said Maryland State Police analyzed DNA left behind at the Bel Air, Maryland, crime scene and ran it through the CODIS database. The DNA returned as a match for a man suspected of invading a Los Angeles home and attacking a young girl in March. Investigators believe this is the same person who killed the Maryland mother of five earlier this month and that he acted alone.
The Harford County Sheriff’s Office currently does not have a name or location for the suspect. They described him as a Hispanic male in his 20s, standing 5 feet, 9 inches tall and weighing about 160 pounds."

Goodnight everyone. Personally, I don't think the camera images of this killer are enough for someone on the West Coast in LA to identify him. IF anyone was willing to.
If he has actual contacts in Bel Air, which I tend to doubt, then maybe. Yes. I think he just seemed in fair shape, clean, not necessarily someone who frequents gyms, especially if he's in his early 20's.

Also I don't think he homed in on RM from her online postings. I think totally random. No rhyme, no reason. It's just that way so many times.

Hoping when I check in tomorrow there will be much more news and would be so surprised and absolutely amazed at an arrest. Fingers crossed.

***Goodnight and gratefully is how I think RM would want everyone to live and interact. Of course, I never knew her. It just seems she was a "free spirit" in many ways and managed to wind up with such a tragic ending. :( I don't think she'd want to be remembered by some of the carelessly unkind things people have said concerning her life. (not here, elsewhere).
Practice kindness while remaining vigilant to your surroundings. Always.

From what I've read from her family, she'd want justice, absolutely, but she'd also want you to not stop living your life. Just be careful. And if you get a chance and feel like it, light a candle for her. That's what I will be doing while her family and community are having their memorial for her.

Rest easy Rachel. You mattered.
Chi
1692337025397.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics