MD MD - Ricardo Levenberry, 19, Jesse Veasey (fd dec), 16, Elkton, 18 Aug 2014 *GUILTY*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hate to say but I don't think they are still alive and I think drugs has everything to do with it. Sad.

The suspect, Donald Ray Bennett, 30, of Elkton, is charged with two counts of first-degree murder and two counts of second-degree murder, according to Capt. Joseph Zurolo, an Elkton Police Department spokesman.

Bennett is accused of slaying Ricardo Eugene Levenberry, 19, and Jesse Grant Veasey Jr., 16 in an undisclosed manner. Their bodies had not been found, as of Wednesday.

http://m.cecildaily.com/news/local_news/article_75396c5b-dc09-5be4-ac8f-3643fba50fc4.html?mode=jqm

I am glad they finally charged him. Hoping he tells where Jesse and Ricky are so they can come home.

RIP Jesse and Ricky.

From your link:

A man has been charged with four counts of murder in connection with the deaths of two teens who vanished from an Elkton neighborhood in August — albeit 18 hours apart from each other — after accepting rides from him, police reported Wednesday morning... “Even though no remains have been located, the investigation culminated with Mr. Bennett being indicted by the (Cecil County) Grand Jury on March 4,” Zurolo said...

Bennett has been in custody since Aug. 22, when EPD investigators arrested him in connection with a business burglary at Napa Auto Parts in the 100 block of Railroad Avenue in Elkton, a crime he committed on Aug. 10 - eight days before the Veasey, the first of the two teens, disappeared.

Last month, Bennett received a three-year prison term after pleading guilty in Cecil County Circuit Court, as part of plea deal.

MOO he had them do the burglary with him and silenced them even though they got him on it anyway IMO.

So glad they indicted him what a waste.

Pray they find them soon! I have been thinking about them a lot this last week.

Donald Ray Bennett, 30, had been living in the Hollingsworth Manor neighborhood, where last August, 19-year-old Ricardo Levenberry and 16-year-old Jesse Veasey vanished.

Police say each teen was last seen getting into a car with Bennett and an unnamed woman.WJZ*has learned police have physical evidence that links Bennett in their murders

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/...dence-that-links-man-to-missing-teen-murders/

More info about suspect at the link.

There is no mention about the woman who was in the car with Bennett when he picked up the boys. Is she a part of this crime?

Bumping for Jesse and Ricky. Hoping the person charged will tell where the boys are.

Donald Bennett was arrested for the murders of these two teens in March. They were seen getting into his car which was also occupied by a woman. I don't recall her name ever being mentioned. Wondering if she was an accomplice to the murders and if she turned state's evidence for immunity.

Man pleads guilty in murders of missing Elkton teens
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2015 2:42 pm | Updated: 9:19 pm, Tue Aug 18, 2015.
http://www.cecildaily.com/news/local_news/article_55586e7f-58ed-5af3-b793-06e344c2d3b0.html
ELKTON — A man accused of killing two teens who vanished from an Elkton neighborhood last summer is facing a 30-year prison term after accepting a plea deal — one in which he reportedly must tell investigators where he disposed of the victims’ bodies.

The defendant, Donald Ray Bennett, 31, of Elkton, pleaded guilty to two counts of second-degree murder Monday. His sentencing is scheduled for Friday, when the written plea agreement will be unsealed.
Should Bennett meet the undisclosed conditions of the plea deal, Whelan will impose a 30-year sentence on Bennett for the second-degree murder conviction relating to Veasey on Friday.

The judge also will impose a consecutive 30-year sentence on Bennett for the second-degree murder relating to Levenberry and then suspend it.
On Monday afternoon, approximately five hours after the plea hearing ended, a Maryland State Police Crime Scene van and other police vehicles were spotted along Blue Ball Road, near a shallow creek beneath the Interstate 95 overpass, north of Elkton.

Lots more at link.

Jesse went missing one year ago today. Ricardo, one year ago tomorrow.

i hope he doesnt renege, their families deserve them back.

DRB is rough as hell looking for only being 31.

Oh wow. Glad to see justice is being served but sad to say I knew all along they were gone.

i wonder if they found them. today he is supposed to be sentenced if he fulfilled his end.

While I am glad there is an arrest and sentence, and the guy who pleaded guilty definitely looks like a drug addict, I don't buy the rest of his story. You can steal drugs, money, weapons from an inexperienced young man trying a to make a little extra money. But strangling? Up close, personal. IMHO, this guy is a SO, so I hope he passes while in prison. And he should be made to name the woman he was with. Of course, finding the bodies is more important. I hope the DA will not regret the deal after the autopsies are completed.

Police learn whereabouts of murdered Elkton teens' bodies
Posted: Friday, August 21, 2015 12:09 pm | Updated: 12:57 pm, Fri Aug 21, 2015.
http://www.cecildaily.com/news/local_news/article_3b3ea697-5788-5f12-b16a-1847b64e76e7.html
ELKTON — A man who killed two teens after they vanished from an Elkton neighborhood last summer received a 30-year prison term Friday, four days after the convicted murderer — as the centerpiece of his plea deal — told investigators where he disposed of their bodies.

Investigators found the remains of Jesse Veasey, 16, in the shallow waters of the Little Elk Creek, beneath the Interstate 95 overpass off the southbound lane of Blue Ball Road, north of Elkton, on Monday afternoon, prosecutors said.
DNA testing is pending to confirm that the unspecified remains that Bennett hid in the creek are, indeed, that of Veasey, according to Assistant State's Attorney Karl Fockler, who prosecuted the murder case.
As for Levenberry, however, prosecutors expressed doubt that they would be able to recover his remains.
They explained that Bennett had placed Levenberry's body in a Dumpster behind West End Gardens on West Pulaski Highway in Elkton at the time of the murders in August 2014 and that the container's contents were later hauled away by garbage truck to the Cecil County Landfill off Old Philadelphia Road near North East.

More at link.

While I am glad there is an arrest and sentence, and the guy who pleaded guilty definitely looks like a drug addict, I don't buy the rest of his story. You can steal drugs, money, weapons from an inexperienced young man trying a to make a little extra money. But strangling? Up close, personal. IMHO, this guy is a SO, so I hope he passes while in prison. And he should be made to name the woman he was with. Of course, finding the bodies is more important. I hope the DA will not regret the deal after the autopsies are completed.

The name of the woman he was with is known but she hasn't been charged with anything or named by the police but the neighborhood knows who she is.

I don't buy that he was able to overpower Jesse and Ricky and strangle them with his bare hands. The sentence is a joke...30 years for the life of 2 teens. And Ricky's family will probably never find his remains.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayraeyn123
Back