• risha_aleena_lewis_4.jpg

Lewis, circa 2006; Three of Lewis's tattoos

• Missing Since01/21/2006
  • Missing FromElkton, Maryland
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth08/09/1979 (39)
  • Age26 years old
  • Height and Weight5'3, 130 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA gold rope bracelet and a gold rope necklace with a pendant that says "Mommy and Me".
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsAfrican-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Lewis's ears and right eyebrow are pierced, and she has a Caesarean section scar on her abdomen. She may use the alias first names Colleen and/or Melanie, or the nickname Rish. She wears contact lenses. Lewis has the following tattoos: red flames with the name "Kev" on one upper arm, a large unspecified tattoo on the other upper arm, her name "Risha" on her wrist, the name "Jamie" on her calf, a butterfly between her breasts and vines or barbed wire on the small of her back. Photos of some of those tattoos are posted with this case summary.
Details of Disappearance
Lewis left her residence in the 400 block of Moorehouse Drive in New Castle, Delaware and went to visit a friend in the 200 block of west Pulaski Highway in Elkton, Maryland. At approximately 1:30 a.m. on January 21, 2006, she called home and stated she was on her way back there.

She never arrived and has not been seen since. Her vehicle, a white four-door 1997 Ford Crown Victoria with the Delaware license plate number 304653, was found abandoned in Newark, Delaware on October 17, 2006, nearly nine months after she was last seen.

Lewis has not been in contact with either of her two children since she went missing. Her cellular phone remains activated but has not been used. Delaware police are investigating her case. The circumstances surrounding her disappearance are unclear.

Seems unclear wether she went missing from Delaware, or Maryland in my oppinion, sincer her car was found abandoned I believe she met with foul play by somebody she met or knew. Perhaps she can be matched to a jane doe someone along the way, her tattoo should be a good lead for ID. It's always troublesome when somebody goes missing along diffent state lines cause police are not co-operating well.

Neferteri Trader - 6/29/2014 - New Castle, DE - Black - witness reports abduction of her

Nancy Shipley - 4/16/2013 - Wilmington, DE - White

Jennifer Atherton - 11/5/2012 - Wilmington, DE - White

Possibly related:
Risha Lewis - 1/26/2006 - New Castle, DE - Black - Vehicle found in Newark, DE

Any chance these cases could be related? All found via NamUs. New to posting - let me know if I need to make any amendments to this post to comply with forum rules.

Edit: I included someone who was a reported suicide. I have removed that woman's name from the list. May she rest in peace.

Last edited:
Who is the friend Risha met in Elkton?
Did Risha have any connections in Newark?

I might be wrong, but it looks like police did not put much effort while investigating Risha's dissapearance.

Someone needs to come forward.

Neferteri Trader - 6/29/2014 - New Castle, DE - Black - witness reports abduction of her

Nancy Shipley - 4/16/2013 - Wilmington, DE - White

Jennifer Atherton - 11/5/2012 - Wilmington, DE - White

Possibly related:
Risha Lewis - 1/26/2006 - New Castle, DE - Black - Vehicle found in Newark, DE

Any chance these cases could be related? All found via NamUs. New to posting - let me know if I need to make any amendments to this post to comply with forum rules.

Edit: I included someone who was a reported suicide. I have removed that woman's name from the list. May she rest in peace.
Thinking the same thing.

Who is the friend Risha met in Elkton?
Did Risha have any connections in Newark?

I might be wrong, but it looks like police did not put much effort while investigating Risha's dissapearance.

Someone needs to come forward.
Yes. I'd like to know more about the friend. And was she planning to stay the night there but changed her mind. And if so, why? Seems some work could be done tracing her phone's activities.

Neferteri Trader - her case always bothered me. They never found her or her car. It’s just so mind boggling in this day and age that someone can go missing without a trace with all this technology.

• risha_aleena_lewis_1.jpg
  • risha_aleena_lewis_4.jpg
  • risha_aleena_lewis_7.jpg
  • risha_aleena_lewis_8.jpg
  • risha_aleena_lewis_9.jpg
Lewis, circa 2006; Three of Lewis's tattoos
  • Missing Since 01/21/2006
  • Missing From Elkton, Maryland
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race Black
  • Date of Birth 08/09/1979 (44)
  • Age 26 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'3, 130 pounds

• Clothing/Jewelry Description A gold rope bracelet and a gold rope necklace with a pendant that says "Mommy and Me".

• Associated Vehicle(s) White four-door 1997 Ford Crown Victoria with the Delaware license plate number 304653 (accounted for)

• Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Lewis's ears and right eyebrow are pierced, and she has a Cesarean section scar on her abdomen. She may use the alias first names Colleen and/or Melanie, or the nickname Rish. She wears contact lenses. Lewis has the following tattoos: red flames with the name "Kev" on one upper arm, a large unspecified tattoo on the other upper arm, her name "Risha" on her wrist, the name "Jamie" on her calf, a butterfly between her breasts and vines or barbed wire on the small of her back. Photos of some of those tattoos are posted with this case summary.

Details of Disappearance​

Lewis left her residence in the 400 block of Moorehouse Drive in New Castle, Delaware and went to visit a friend in the 200 block of west Pulaski Highway in Elkton, Maryland. At approximately 1:30 a.m. on January 21, 2006, she called home and stated she was on her way back there.

She never arrived and has not been seen since. Her vehicle, a white four-door 1997 Ford Crown Victoria with the Delaware license plate number 304653, was found abandoned in Newark, Delaware on October 17, 2006, nearly nine months after she was last seen.

Lewis has not been in contact with either of her two children since she went missing. Her cellular phone remains activated but has not been used. Delaware police are investigating her case. The circumstances surrounding her disappearance are unclear.

Investigating Agency​

• New Castle County Police Department 302-395-8171

Source Information​

Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated November 6, 2010; two pictures added, distinguishing characteristics and details of disappearance updated.

Identifiers​

Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Available
<<The Cecil County Sheriff's Department, the county Elkton is located in, had begun a homicide investigation two days prior to Risha being reported missing, based on information they had received of a woman having been killed in Elkton, possibly in the Farr Creek area.>>

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back