OK OK - Kathleen, 30, & Royce Henson, 1, Tulsa, 23 March 1979

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This
If she left of her own accord, she would have taken both children. The area of 51st and Peoria was not a safe area at night back in 1979. I cannot remember where Ute Street is in relation to her work place, but my best guess is back towards downtown. That would be an even higher crime area 35 years ago. If Tulsa has a Cold Case unit, I wonder what a renewed visit by a detective could shake out of an abusive acquaintance or ex-lover??
I wonder if her parents are still alive?
(I grew up in Tulsa. I still visit sometimes and the city has a special place in my heart.)

This happened on North peoria ( which hasn’t been a good area as far back as I can remember which is 50 some years) and Ute & Peoria where her car was found is just down the street from her job at 5000 north peoria maybe 3 miles or so-it’s about a 5 minute or less drive

Reactions: mrz
According to the UID’s NamUs listing, no dna is available but dentals are. According to Kathleen’s Doe network listing, her dental charts are available. I think I’ll submit this week.

Any news?

Any news?

Admittedly, I have had a lot going on and forgot to submit. Michael Nance is the NamUs contact for both Kathleen Royce and the UID, so I emailed him with details a few minutes ago. I’ll keep all of you updated if I hear back. Thanks for reminding me! :)

Admittedly, I have had a lot going on and forgot to submit. Michael Nance is the NamUs contact for both Kathleen Royce and the UID, so I emailed him with details a few minutes ago. I’ll keep all of you updated if I hear back. Thanks for reminding me! :)

Received the “thank you for the submission” email that says NamUs staff will review and pass along to investigation agencies.

kathleen_h._henson_1.jpg

kathleen_h._henson_2.jpg

kathleen_h._henson_3.jpg

Age-progression to age 60 (circa 2008)

Kathleen H. Henson was a 30 year old divorced mother of two that disappeared without a trace on March 23rd, 1979, along with her 17 month old son, Royce from Tulsa.

Kathleen worked for Roger’s Record in the 5000 block of north Peoria Avenue, so she was able to get concert tickets.

On the night of March 23rd at approximately 11:30 pm she told a friend she was on her way to give them some concert tickets with Royce. She was never heard or seen again.

Kathleen dropped off her oldest son, 10 year old Eamon with his father at his job. Kathleen was suppose to come back in a few hours, but she never returned. Later that night Eamon’s father dropped him off at home, not realizing Kathleen was not home. With the front door locked, Eamon crawled through a window. He went to his room and went to sleep. When he woke up the next morning on March 24th, he found his mom not home so he called her best friend. The friend in turn called Kathleen’s parents.

Kathleen was driving her dad’s tan and brown 1969 Chrysler New Yorker sedan. The car was found on March 25th, parked crookedly, this was uncharacteristic of Kathleen’s driving. The car was found on the corner of Ute Street and Peoria Avenue in Tulsa. The car was locked, with her coin purse, 0ne credit card, her drivers license, social security card, and a baby bottle found inside.

Kathleen’s family and friends do not believe she knew anyone that lived in the area where the car was found.

Prior to the disappearance, Kathleen did mention she was afraid of a male acquaintance that was involved in criminal activity.

At first her family thought that maybe she just left for a break, but as weeks passed with no word or sightings of Kathleen and Royce, the family knew something else happened.

After they went missing the police did search the home and the car, but no further investigation was done. It wasn’t until 1984, when Kathleen’s mother asked about the case, did the police reopen the investigation. They do believe foul play was involved. This is an open case at this time.

If you have any information on the disappearance of Kathleen Henson or her son Royce please contact Tulsa Police Department at (918)596-9122.

Information resource(s):

NamUs #MP7441

Kathleen H. Henson – The Charley Project

Kathleen H. Henson — Oklahoma Cold Cases

royce_henson_1.jpg

royce_henson_2.jpg

Age progression to 36

Royce Henson was only seventeen months old when he and his mother Kathleen Henson (Namus #MP744) went missing on March 23rd, 1979 from Tulsa.

Kathleen worked for Roger’s Record in the 5000 block of north Peoria Avenue, so she was able to get concert tickets.

On the night of March 23rd at approximately 11:30 pm she told a friend she was on her way to give them some concert tickets with Royce. They were never heard or seen again.

Kathleen dropped off her oldest son, 10 year old Eamon with his father at his job. Kathleen was suppose to come back in a few hours, but she never returned. Later that night Eamon’s father dropped him off at home, not realizing Kathleen was not home. With the front door locked, Eamon crawled through a window. He went to his room and went to sleep. When he woke up the next morning on March 24th, he found his mom not home so he called her best friend. The friend in turn called Kathleen’s parents.

Kathleen was driving her dad’s tan and brown 1969 Chrysler New Yorker sedan. The car was found on March 25th, parked crookedly, this was uncharacteristic of Kathleen’s driving. The car was found on the corner of Ute Street and Peoria Avenue in Tulsa. The car was locked, with her coin purse, 0ne credit card, her drivers license, social security card, and a baby bottle found inside.

Kathleen’s family and friends do not believe she knew anyone that lived in the area where the car was found.

Prior to the disappearance, Kathleen did mention she was afraid of a male acquaintance that was involved in criminal activity.

At first her family thought that maybe she just left for a break, but as weeks passed with no word or sightings of Kathleen and Royce, the family knew something else happened.

After they went missing the police did search the home and the car, but no further investigation was done. It wasn’t until 1984, when Kathleen’s mother asked about the case, did the police reopen the investigation. They do believe foul play was involved. This is an open case at this time.

If you have any information on the disappearance of Kathleen Henson or her son Royce please contact Tulsa Police Department at (918)596-9122.

Information resource(s):

NamUs #MP6170

Royce Henson – The Charley Project

Royce Henson — Oklahoma Cold Cases

So, here it is some 44 years since Kathleen & Royce Henson's disappearance. I noticed this evening, after not being able to recall her name, and searching Namus, putting in her name, Tulsa, her name did not come up on a search, however the missing son, Royce's name did. She is listed, but did not come up (The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs))

So, it occurs to me that if the man she was going to meet, and ostensibly Royce's father one has to summise:

1. He did have reason to potentially kill her, as the issue of 18 years of child support loomed.

2. The question then turns to, would a father kill his own child? Perhaps he turned the child over to a realitive? Someone not closely or physically close however. Was the guy ever arrested for anything else?

3. Did Tulsa police ever follow up on that? How about if the surviving son ever offered his DNA to help isolate IF a body was ever found, such that she could be identified? (He did incidentally) according to a story here:

4. Likewise, there may be a 44 or 45 year old man out there with DNA that would match maternially with the surviving brother.

5. The surviving brother made a bit of publicity a few years back with regards to the case, as he was having some trouble in life. However, it appears he has never named the man who was the father of his brother. Especially given that the Tulsa P.D. Seems to still feel the issue is germain, or they have lost the information. I suspect if anyone did, it was that man!

Note of interest: Apparently the Tulsa World articles I cited in Post #15 above, are now behind a paywall. I will see if I can't obtain copies through other means and reproduce them here.

Last edited:
kathleen_h._henson_1.jpg

kathleen_h._henson_2.jpg

kathleen_h._henson_3.jpg

Age-progression to age 60 (circa 2008)

Kathleen H. Henson was a 30 year old divorced mother of two that disappeared without a trace on March 23rd, 1979, along with her 17 month old son, Royce from Tulsa.

On the night of March 23rd at approximately 11:30 pm she told a friend she was on her way to give them some concert tickets with Royce. She was never heard or seen again.

Information resource(s):

NamUs #MP7441

Kathleen H. Henson – The Charley Project

Kathleen H. Henson — Oklahoma Cold Cases

The bottom link to the Oklahoma Cold cases was 404. . here is the current link (as of 24 Oct 23):

Last edited:
The bottom link to the Oklahoma Cold cases was 404. . here is the current link (as of 24 Oct 23):

Bumping for Kathleen and Her Baby Son Royce! Xxxx

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back