Deceased/Not Found MD - Sarah, 3, & Jacob Hoggle, 2, Clarksburg, 9 Sept 2014 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do so many believe these babies are hidden away somewhere? Is it just wishful thinking? Maybe I missed an article somewhere along the line. My own babies have been keeping me so busy I haven't been on WS as much as I would like.

I've seen the "hidden away/given away" theory pop up on nearly every missing child case here but sadly I've never seen it actually have been the case.

I want nothing more for these sweet little ones to be warm and happy and safe and loved on but sadly I believe they are most likely deceased. Probably in a landfill or storage shed somewhere :( I hate saying that.

All IMO. My very jaded opinion.

There have been cases where children have gone missing in child custody disputes. There has been an underground network helping parents "hide" their children for years. The parent claims sexual abuse or domestic violence.

Look at the facts that we know about this case: The parents were not married, the mother was mentally unstable. The disappearance of the children was premeditated. If Catherine filed for divorce, she would not get physical custody, the father would get custody. The oldest child is old enough to communicate to a Judge about where he would prefer to live but the younger children are not.

I've held the opinion in this case and the Skelton case that the children are in the care of an underground network facilitated by churches.

Why do so many believe these babies are hidden away somewhere? Is it just wishful thinking? Maybe I missed an article somewhere along the line. My own babies have been keeping me so busy I haven't been on WS as much as I would like.

I've seen the "hidden away/given away" theory pop up on nearly every missing child case here but sadly I've never seen it actually have been the case.

I want nothing more for these sweet little ones to be warm and happy and safe and loved on but sadly I believe they are most likely deceased. Probably in a landfill or storage shed somewhere :( I hate saying that.

All IMO. My very jaded opinion.

Her elaborate story was very well thought out. Her father let her drive his car even though she had no license. They stopped at a restaurant and she sneaks out. Does that sound like a plan someone "crazy" could have come up with on her own? She stashed the kids and then she wandered around "crazy." I don't know about anybody else but she sounds crazy like a fox to me.

Her elaborate story was very well thought out. Her father let her drive his car even though she had no license. They stopped at a restaurant and she sneaks out. Does that sound like a plan someone "crazy" could have come up with on her own? She stashed the kids and then she wandered around "crazy." I don't know about anybody else but she sounds crazy like a fox to me.
I agree that her elaborate story was very well thought out. There were so many exceptions made on her behalf that day (going to visit her mom, driving without a license, being alone with the kids without supervision, etc), things that usually didn't happen. There would have been no reason for her to assume that people would allow so many exceptions in her life that day unless they were in on it.

Would she have had any reason to believe she was about to losend her kids and convinced her family to help hide them? It did take two days. I wonder, if she did work alone, if she had this planned for quite awhile and was just looking for the perfect time. If she wasn't supposed to be alone with them though, why was she there alone with the kids when her husband got home that night?

Would she have had any reason to believe she was about to losend her kids and convinced her family to help hide them? It did take two days. I wonder, if she did work alone, if she had this planned for quite awhile and was just looking for the perfect time. If she wasn't supposed to be alone with them though, why was she there alone with the kids when her husband got home that night?

I have no idea what was going on in that marriage. I think I saw somewhere that her dad lived with them and I find that a little weird. His driving her and the two youngest to his wife's (ex-wife?)house and then letting Sarah have the car to take Jacob somewhere is weird. Everything points to a premeditated parental kidnapping and Sarah claims she has stashed the kids with somebody. They should look at her phone records and the grandparents should be interrogated and polygraphed.

I have no idea what was going on in that marriage. I think I saw somewhere that her dad lived with them and I find that a little weird. His driving her and the two youngest to his wife's (ex-wife?)house and then letting Sarah have the car to take Jacob somewhere is weird. Everything points to a premeditated parental kidnapping and Sarah claims she has stashed the kids with somebody. They should look at her phone records and the grandparents should be interrogated and polygraphed.

The mother of the missing children is Catherine. The children are Sarah and Jacob. Catherine and the children's father are not married, but have been together for several years.

the findsarahfindjacob facebook page has reported "Possible Sighting - New Jersey Turnpike North at Exit 8A-9" they seem really excited about this one... keeping my fingers crossed it leads to recovery of these two little ones <3

I waiver back and forth with my theories. If the children were placed somewhere, then wouldn't they need their SS#, birth certificates, etc so they can enroll in school? If a legit agency helped with the understanding that there was abuse, or false claims in the Mom's mental health, wouldn't they come forth to police now that it's in the media? The only groups I can think of that wouldn't be like cults. Like the Church of Wells, were once someone goes there, they aren't allowed to leave. Maybe....but I don't know how likely she would be able to contact such a group without leaving any trail that she had. Whether by written letter, computer, cell phone...they would have to be communication of some sort.
I pray they are found, wherever they are! And I would 'think' police would know about 'underground networks' and have contacted them. I just can't imagine a legit group taking the kids, without Mom!

And the way I understood the case at the beginning, the father in law lived there or stayed there so that Catherine wasn't left alone with the kids. Now, I can see him taking them to see her Mom, and bet the kids loved visits with Grandma. Maybe her parents felt she was doing OK, and so thought a quick trip to get pizza was OK. I mean I wouldn't have, since she didn't have a license, but I can see someone else doing that. Did they try contacting her when she took so long? Were they concerned when she returned without the child? I know her explanation was that she left him with a friend so the kids could play. But, with the history there, I wouldn't have been comfortable with that. Yet, I do know families that don't question anything. Even if they think something is off, or witness abuse towards their own grandkids, they keep quiet! I can't.

I so wish these little ones are out there safe some where but alas, I don't really think so imho....if...a BIG if, someone assisted to disappear them, and is keeping them disappeared....they are an accessory and shame on them...how could they perpetuate a lie for so long?

I wish there were more (any!) witnesses who saw Catherine with the children out that Sunday... I hope the family gets answers soon :(

2Hope4 I agree its mind boggleing but there are children that are placed with people every day with no birth certificates and no social security cards that are slid right back into society without anyone even noticing... I'm thinking if someone had taken them for adoption or to "keep them safe" for their mom that they may be afraid to come forward to the police... after this amount of time they may be afraid of the trouble they may be facing.... or they may believe that the children were in some sort of danger there are so many side issues in this story... the mental illness history.. the family history... the mom was planning to leave the father... the mother had legal issues with the fathers family it goes on and on and doesnt add up? There are peices missing in this and someone knows more and hasnt come forward with the information yet for whatever reason

Sad to see this all the way back on Page 8 :(

I pray for a break in this case :gaah:

I didn't realize local investigators were convinced the children were dead. I'm not surprised though. :/

I didn't realize local investigators were convinced the children were dead. I'm not surprised though. :/

The longer this goes on, the more uneasy I feel about the true home life of Catherine and the kids. IDK, but something feels off. I sincerely hope these children are alive and, well.... I worked in Mental Health for years, and advocated for the rights of the mentally ill. We had a saying... "Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they aren't out to get you." Come on kiddos...be alive!!

I wish they'd ask for anyone who thinks they may have been that woman, to please come forward so they can rule it out.

Bumping for these children and their family.

This woman is severely mentally ill. That cannot be disputed. She wouldn't fool the authorities for this long. Not a hope. They are trained to recognise people who are faking. My personal feeling is that she hasn't placed the children with anyone. She's put them somewhere safe, which in her mind could be "with God" or something similar, as she was psychotic. It could be that this case never gets an ending, if she sincerely can't remember where the children are. In her mind they are safe, and even though that means something very different to someone without a mental illness it is possible that she has killed them and/or left them somewhere that she believes is safe for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper