GUILTY MD - Stephen Westfall for attempted murder of 6yo girl, Cumberland, 2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My wife has pancreatic cancer and we travel 3 times a month from central WV to Baltimore (Johns Hopkins) for treatment. We always travel on 68 from Morgantown,WV thru Cumberland,Md to 70, etc.

Just wanted to say that I'm glad they released these photos and you can bet there will be two more sets of eyes looking for this guy today!! We are leaving...Now.

So he was picked up in Grantsville, MD which is about 25 miles west of Cumberland. He had to have been aided. I have to think that the release of the photos taken by the store surveillance must have helped or maybe someone just got tired of being taken advantage of.

Great great news. I certainly hope the little girl is healing. I always cringe when I read those words, "repeatedly hit in the head by a rock".

Maybe the people of that area can rest a bit easier tonight.

Hmmm...in the photo at the above link, Westfall is wearing a different set of clothes. He has on a black cap, grey T-shirt, and baggy jeans. Not at all like what he was seen in on the store video. It looks as if he was trying to modify his style/appearance, IMO.

this is great news... it also said he was in Pittsburg?? that PA

I hope this link works. Its a picture of Westfall being taken into custody!

Attachments

• child abductor13.jpg
    child abductor13.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 12
  • child abd14.jpg
    child abd14.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 9
YAY! The "perp walk"!! I love it!

Rest easy tonight little one, the monster who hurt you is LOCKED UP!

My wife has pancreatic cancer and we travel 3 times a month from central WV to Baltimore (Johns Hopkins) for treatment. We always travel on 68 from Morgantown,WV thru Cumberland,Md to 70, etc.

Just wanted to say that I'm glad they released these photos and you can bet there will be two more sets of eyes looking for this guy today!! We are leaving...Now.

Dinn Doot I am very sorry for your wife's suffering. I pray she is feeling better today. That's a heck of a travel you have but she's in good hands at Johns Hopkins.

Plus on a good note now you don't have to keep your eyes peeled for some creep.

GreenEyes thank you so very much for the good news.

Yep, Izzy I knew this guy wouldn't have the goonads to kill himself. He's not the type. He actually thought he'd get away with this. Now maybe we'll find out what other harm he has caused.

tfrohning good lookout on the clothes off the clothes line. That or maybe he hit a Wally World store.

No matter how he changed his appearance if he was missing his teeth he couldn't change that. Unless he went to a real good Dentist.

this is great news... it also said he was in Pittsburg?? that PA

Yep. Also Ligioner, Pa. Hope I spelled that right.

Dude walked a long ways. No wonder he's so skinny.

Got busted because he called his feeants. From a Church none the less. He walked in an open door to Little Meadows Church and helped himself to the phone.

There's a camp ground right by that church. Thank goodness nobody was harmed at the camp ground.

More will be on the 11 o'clock news but just incase you don't get the channel you can read it here and later they usually put the actual video up.

http://your4state.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=129815

Thank you, thank you, thank you for that article! It is the first article regarding this horrible crime, that actually made me smile :)

Here are some snipped parts that were my favorite:

When they went to arrest him, he was already gone, but he left a note to his girlfriend. Part of it said, "No matter what happens, I love you dearly... I don't want to cause you problems."

It was Westfall's girlfriend who turned him in. He made it to Pittsburgh, Penns. but came back to the area.

He called her after sneaking into a church in Grantsville, Md. and she alerted police.

With Westfall behind bars and facing a number of charges, the mother says now, her daughter can stop having nightmares about that horrific day.

"I would tell him you tried to break a six-year-old girl and now she broke you," she says. "You didn't win and you didn't break her spirit.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for that article! It is the first article regarding this horrible crime, that actually made me smile :)

Here are some snipped parts that were my favorite:

Ohhhhhhhhhh the "feantsay" dimed him out. Good.

Creep.

I'm glad a woman finally stood up to this slime. A child did too, we have to remember. What the heck is the comment about the child being strapped to a board? I had not heard that.

I just cannot imagine what this man's motive was. It sounds like he beat her until she lost consciousness and then left her. Why? He even took her bathing suit off. What in the world was he doing?

I'm ecstatic that the child is healing. I want to celebrate that, truly I do. However, this little one's nightmares are not going to fade for a long time. I'm actually sorry the reporter was kind of glib about that. I know she's excited about first grade. I'm excited for her. My heart is also breaking for her as her world got turned upside down.

My prayers are with her and her family. It sounds like she has spirit. She's going to need it IMO.

Best picture every

What the heck does that shirt say that he has on? Looks like a lighthouse with some kind of invitational that took place on an island.

One has to wonder did somebody hit him in thehead with a rock when he got locked up.

Warning, Lovejac is getting jaded.:hand:

Amen. I've been following this since the first day it was on the loca news. Awful man. Scum.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!
Back