MD - Tech tycoon's Annapolis mansion destroyed by fire and 6 missing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I doubt it, just because they all live so close together.
We do the same thing with family from out of town.
However these people seemed pretty close.
I'm guessing they had a Christmas get together at this house on or around Christmas. :twocents:

I get the impression Sandy ALWAYS left her tree up this long. :twocents:

I wonder if they kept the tree up for the grandkids to see? We just had a belated Christmas get together with some family members on one side of the family that we didn't get to see over the holidays.

Anyway, this is so tragic and I can't imagine the heartbreak of the poor remaining family members.

Thanks for this article. Sounds like it was the massive fire load that did them in. Given that a neighbor saw the fire and called 911 only shortly after the blaze started, and since these are homes that are not close to each other and are separated by acreage, that says, to me, that the fire was able to spread very, very quickly. TV news report this morning said they all died of smoke inhalation so, even with fire alarms going off, the smoke must have overtaken then before they were even able to rouse and leave their rooms.

Maybe they still had the tree up because it was so large and they would've needed a crew of folks to get it out of the house.

They may have had the tree still up but from the article, I get the impression the tree lights were turned on and that is what overloaded the electrical outlet. This is similar to the massive fire that killed the grandparents and grandchildren a few years ago when the ashes from the fireplace weren't disposed of properly. Carelessness can have tragic, epic outcomes. So very sad.

JMO

I doubt it, just because they all live so close together.
We do the same thing with family from out of town.
However these people seemed pretty close.
I'm guessing they had a Christmas get together at this house on or around Christmas. :twocents:

I get the impression Sandy ALWAYS left her tree up this long. :twocents:

I think you might be right. Our neighbors still have their massive tree up but they do turn the lights out at night. I can't think of any reason to keep lights on overnight. It's a known safety hazard AND runs up the electric bill. It makes no sense and I guess that's where the expression "senseless accident" comes from.

JMO

Tech tycoon, his wife and four grandchildren who died in Annapolis mansion fire started by burning Christmas tree died of heat and smoke inhalation

Don and Sandra Pyle died alongside four grandchildren at Maryland home

Alexis, Kaitlyn, Charlotte and Wesley Boone, all under eight, were killed

Medical examiners have confirmed all six died from smoke and heat

$9million home burned down in January after Christmas tree caught fire

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...died-heat-smoke-inhalation.html#ixzz3QkX1to96

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back