GUILTY MD - William McQuain, 11, Germantown, 30 Sept 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thinking of little William and his beautiful momma. May they R.I.P.

Hopefully justice is coming this summer.

Coco, I was just thinking of William yesterday! Thank you for bumping up his thread.

William and Trenton will always hold a special place in my heart.

This case is so heinous, I almost can't bear to come on the thread, for fear of what I might read. :(

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...secutors-say/2012/07/19/gJQA2smkwW_story.html

After Curtis Lopez killed his wife and her son last year in Montgomery County, he tried to mislead police as he fled by sending text messages impersonating the victims, prosecutors said Thursday.

The ruse failed, prosecutors said, and Lopez’s own cellphone ended up leading investigators to an associate’s house where they found bloody gloves with William’s DNA on them and bloody shoes bearing Jane McQuain’s DNA.

Lopez’s murder trial, which is scheduled for October.

Prosecutors said Lopez, who was living in North Carolina, came to Montgomery with the idea of stealing McQuain’s new Honda CR-V, which she had purchased with money inherited from an uncle. Deputy State’s Attorney John Maloney said McQuain told people more money was still to come, which also motivated Lopez.

Lopez thought he had to kill both Jane McQuain and her son to get the inheritance, Maloney said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/accused-montgomery-killer-impersonated-victims-in-texts-prosecutors-say/2012/07/19/gJQA2smkwW_story.html

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/articl...Defense-Bar-evidence-in-slaying-of-Md-mom-son

Defense lawyers urged a judge Tuesday to suppress any evidence seized from the car or the motel room, where, for instance, a debit card in McQuain's name was found in a toilet. Public defender Alan Drew argued that the search warrants should be considered inadmissible because there was no probable cause at the time to identify Lopez as a suspect.

"There's no indication that Mr. Lopez was involved in the crime," Drew said. "There's absolutely nothing that would support a finding of probable cause."

But Montgomery County Circuit Court Judge Mary Beth McCormick flatly dismissed that claim in ruling against Lopez.

"You have a dead lady ... and her card is found in the (motel room) where the defendant's residing?" she said.

(2 page article)

What CP said. If this doesn't fit a death penalty case I don't know what does.
This case has disturbed me so much that I have a hard time even posting or reading anything anymore... :(

This case has disturbed me so much that I have a hard time even posting or reading anything anymore... :(

I hear you ((((ch))))me too. William and Trenton will always be a part of my heart.......:heartbeat:

The case does not qualify for the death penalty under Maryland law. The liberal lawmakers have made the criteria so tough that its doubtful that anyone will ever again be executed.

http://www.gazette.net/article/2012...mantown-boy-killed-by-father&template=gazette

As the sun set Friday, about 50 blue and orange balloons were released into the air.
{snipped}

Players and coaches from the Germantown Sports Association, which includes multiple football teams, wore shirts reading “In Loving memory of William McQuain, Gone but not forgotten” during the vigil held by the Victims’ Rights Foundation and the Germantown Sports Association.
{snipped}

“A few mothers have told me that some of the boys still have nightmares, so this, I think, will help them to heal,” Wims said.

This article brought tears to my eyes. :(

May they each find peace. William and Jane, you are not forgotten!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aurorabae
Back