Identified! MD - Woodlawn, WhtFem 279UFMD, 15-25, near cemetery, 'JP' Tattoo, Sep'76 - Margaret Fetterolf

I have a few questions regarding Margaret's case.

• With the JP tattoo was it ever confirmed it was actually JP? Her Doe Network casefile lists it as "JP" or "JS" or "JD" or "JB" or "SP" or "SS" or "SD" or "SB"
  • Since Margaret was a minor wouldn't she need a guardian to sign consent papers if she were treated in a mental health faculty? I am aware of the mature minor doctrine law but still it might be affected by different jurisdictions, and the law was fairly new at the time as well (1967).
  • I thought the Jamaica Plain lead was from a tip about her possible identity being a South American immigrant named "Jazzy". Is there further evidence Margaret was in the area? I know the sack and keys were linked to MA but could those be related to the killer? If it was a significant other then he could have given her a spare set of keys. *Update* I forgot about the pollen residue from her clothing linking her to the Boston area prior to death. It's just she was found fairly close to home that lead me to believe that maybe the MA items were solely linked to her killer and that maybe she never made it that far from home.
Distances and locations:
  • The city the keys were manufactured in, Fitchburg, MA, is 7 hours and 28 mins (per Google maps) from Lorraine Park Cemetery, Baltimore, MD where she was found.
  • Fitchburg, MA is 1 hr and 6 mins (per Google maps) from the Jamaica Plain neighborhood in Boston, MA.
  • Fitchburg, MA is 49 mins (per Google maps) from Lexington, MA where the sack was linked to (town name on sack), and 55 mins (per Google maps) to Waltham, MA which the sack is also linked to.
  • Where she was found in Lorraine Park Cemetery, Baltimore, MD is 1 hr and 3 min (per Google maps) from Alexandra, VA where she missing from.
My take on the killer what we know (IMO!):
  • He is most likely linked to MA.
  • The Chlorpromazine could be his own medication and he could have a history of mental illness or had stayed in a mental health faculty. With the prescription medication and a sheet constant with a hospital faculty could he have even been an employee in one?
  • The knot used to tie the bananas is interesting to me as well. On her Doe Network profile it was described as 'perfect knots' but it also has been described as a square knot which is used in sailing and also taught in boy scouts.

Last edited:
Interesting article in today's Washington Post: https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/2021/10/02/woodlawn-jane-doe-genealogy-dna/

Essentially, a cousin of Margaret Fetterolf's is a geneaology fan whose DNA submission to an unnamed site helped lead to Margaret's identification!
This is why its so important for families missing loved ones to put their profiles in a database. Othram can build DNA profiles for the unknown folks, but the magic happens when family members match up to the profiles because they have included their own profiles in a database.

Similar outcome for Beth Doe, where a nephew had uploaded his profile in search of his aunt (who ended up being Beth Doe).

Correct. Look at the other case we were involved in this week:
After 39 Years, Gwinnett Jane Doe (1982) is Identified

Original thought to be non-white as well.
More about Marlene Standridge here on WS. She went missing while at a park with her 3 year old daughter & 5 year old son. The children were located at the park seemingly abandoned. Her husband never reported her missing because he “assumed she ran off with someone”. Which is what her children thought for over 39 years.

This work is so important. Now Marlene’s grown kids know she never actually abandoned them- she was murdered. I am glad her reputation was restored & her kids know the truth of why they never saw her again.

Identified! - GA - Stone Mountain BlkFem UP77802 pre-30 Dec'82 - Marlene Standridge

More about Marlene Standridge here on WS. She went missing while at a park with her 3 year old daughter & 5 year old son. The children were located at the park seemingly abandoned. Her husband never reported her missing because he “assumed she ran off with someone”. Which is what her children thought for over 39 years.

This work is so important. Now Marlene’s grown kids know she never actually abandoned them- she was murdered. I am glad her reputation was restored & her kids know the truth of why they never saw her again.

Identified! - GA - Stone Mountain BlkFem UP77802 pre-30 Dec'82 - Marlene Standridge

That's why it doesn't matter how unknown or how old a case is -- we treat them all as priorities because the family and friends of victims need answers.

Also noticeable, another case where the victim was so clearly believed to be Hispanic but turned out to be white, of German descent (Fetterolf is German).

Phenotype is pretty useless... DNA testing is the future.
She was Eurasian - her mom is Japanese and her father was American (I'm guessing of German descent too). I don’t blame police for not being certain of her racial identity as she looked a LOT like her father.<modsnip>

Now, could the JP tat be some take on "japanese" or even the slur "jap"? Many children of Japanese/American couples had to endure anti japanese racism.
She may have done it as ironic take on that... tat looks homemade stick n poke

Now, could the JP tat be some take on "japanese" or even the slur "jap"? Many children of Japanese/American couples had to endure anti japanese racism.
She may have done it as ironic take on that... tat looks homemade stick n poke
God knows what the tattoo even says - the photos of it are so poor that it may not even be actual letters.

Happy birthday Margaret!
happy%20birthday1.gif
gift.gif
party.gif
party3.gif
blow%20out%20candles.gif

Didnt know its her birthday!
Happy birthday, gorgeous! You would have deserved to gracefully age and celebrate the birthday with friends and family. So unfair that this has been stolen from you forever by somebody.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675
Back