ME ME - Anneliese Heinig, 37, Richmond, 26 Nov 2019 *vehicle found*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies, I am only 20 pages into this thread so probably these ideas have all been covered. I only recently discovered WebSleuths and looked into this thread because I have lived in Falmouth and also near Richmond, all decades ago.

I am reading over and over again AH was walking north in the south bound lane of I-295 or walking south in the north bound lane. IMO nobody would walk away from Portland if their intention was to get gas or to get help for a disabled vehicle. I don't believe any report that says AH was walking away from Portland.

If she was wearing black hat, coat, pants, etc nobody would have seen her at 6:30 am. Sunrise is 6:47 am on November 24. It was dark.

Related topic, if a witness says s/he saw AH between 6:30 am and 7:30 am that is very easy to pin down. 6:30 am is dark, 7:30 am is light. A credible witness would be able to tell if it was dark outside or light.

If she was walking down the highway in that area everyone would have paid attention, it is so far from normal to see a pedestrian there I can't put it into words.

From what I have read so far too much credence is given to the "hundreds of cars would have seen her" at 6:30 a.m. I looked at the camera on I 295 in Falmouth at Mile Marker 9, here:
https://www.maine.gov/mdot/maps/cameras/VC0091.jpg

Looking at the camera today, 3/16/2020, I would say the highway had zero cars in view 10% of the time I looked. At that particular stretch of road you cannot see the southbound lanes from the northbound lanes and vice versa. Traffic at 6:30 am on that highway would be busy, I agree, but would be predominantly people driving south into Portland to go to work. If you google Maine DOT plans on I-295 upgrade you will see Maine state's own statistics say at 7am traffic northbound is about 1/4 of average traffic volumes. Subtract some large portion of normal traffic due to it being Thanksgiving week, I could see AH walking along the highway without being seen. If anything related to this case really has anything to do with the reported 6:30am that day, which I find suspicious.

My last point is if AH wanted to do harm to herself that bridge on I295 over the Presumpscot River is a terrible choice. I understand people in that situation do not make rational decisions, but honestly if you drove from Richmond, ME to Portland, ME to Brunswick, ME as I think might have been the case it is hard for me to imagine a lower bridge over shallower water than that one. I'm not sure at high tide the water would be above her head. If she was home in Richmond she had a higher bridge over deeper, colder water at her doorstep. If she left Portland that morning she had already gone over higher bridges over deeper water. If she was driving to work in Brunswick she has some great choices of high bridges to jump off into the bigger, swifter Androscoggin River.

I'll keep reading here so please apologize what has already been covered.

Apologies, I am only 20 pages into this thread so probably these ideas have all been covered. I only recently discovered WebSleuths and looked into this thread because I have lived in Falmouth and also near Richmond, all decades ago.

I am reading over and over again AH was walking north in the south bound lane of I-295 or walking south in the north bound lane. IMO nobody would walk away from Portland if their intention was to get gas or to get help for a disabled vehicle. I don't believe any report that says AH was walking away from Portland.

If she was wearing black hat, coat, pants, etc nobody would have seen her at 6:30 am. Sunrise is 6:47 am on November 24. It was dark.

Related topic, if a witness says s/he saw AH between 6:30 am and 7:30 am that is very easy to pin down. 6:30 am is dark, 7:30 am is light. A credible witness would be able to tell if it was dark outside or light.

If she was walking down the highway in that area everyone would have paid attention, it is so far from normal to see a pedestrian there I can't put it into words.

From what I have read so far too much credence is given to the "hundreds of cars would have seen her" at 6:30 a.m. I looked at the camera on I 295 in Falmouth at Mile Marker 9, here:
https://www.maine.gov/mdot/maps/cameras/VC0091.jpg

Looking at the camera today, 3/16/2020, I would say the highway had zero cars in view 10% of the time I looked. At that particular stretch of road you cannot see the southbound lanes from the northbound lanes and vice versa. Traffic at 6:30 am on that highway would be busy, I agree, but would be predominantly people driving south into Portland to go to work. If you google Maine DOT plans on I-295 upgrade you will see Maine state's own statistics say at 7am traffic northbound is about 1/4 of average traffic volumes. Subtract some large portion of normal traffic due to it being Thanksgiving week, I could see AH walking along the highway without being seen. If anything related to this case really has anything to do with the reported 6:30am that day, which I find suspicious.

My last point is if AH wanted to do harm to herself that bridge on I295 over the Presumpscot River is a terrible choice. I understand people in that situation do not make rational decisions, but honestly if you drove from Richmond, ME to Portland, ME to Brunswick, ME as I think might have been the case it is hard for me to imagine a lower bridge over shallower water than that one. I'm not sure at high tide the water would be above her head. If she was home in Richmond she had a higher bridge over deeper, colder water at her doorstep. If she left Portland that morning she had already gone over higher bridges over deeper water. If she was driving to work in Brunswick she has some great choices of high bridges to jump off into the bigger, swifter Androscoggin River.

I'll keep reading here so please apologize what has already been covered.

Great insight on this case! Thanks for sharing your thoughts, especially for people (like myself) that know very little to none about the area she is missing from.
Even if you repeat something that has already been covered, it can still be useful...(even if it’s a mere reminder of details). Sometimes the same thing can be mentioned but with additional details, or a question repeated but asked in a different way...and a lot of times that is needed! :) Keep it coming! :)

@CuriousQuiet1 thank you for posting! Personally, I don't believe that any of the sightings have been credible. There has also been a theory tossed around that if someone actually did see someone walking away from Anneliese's car, perhaps it wasn't Anneliese, but someone that looked like her. In my opinion, this case is a tough nut to crack because there has been very little coverage by the media.

One of the last articles that was written highlighted Anneliese's medical history and I feel it truly caused more harm than it did good. I have felt, most of the time, that Anneliese's family would prefer to stay out of the spotlight. While that is completely understandable, I look at the Shannan Watts case and think to myself- if it wasn't for her friend, Nicole, wondering where Shannan was went Nicole's calls and texts weren't responded to, calling local law enforcement to make a report and ask for a wellness check, Shannan, Cece, and Bella may not have been located and justice served, until a very long time after.

I have started to wonder - again, my personal theory- did Anneliese flee? Was she dealing with some much stress that she decided she was better off to up and start over in a new place where no one, or maybe even very few people, knew her?

All speculation and questions that remain unanswered, but I am happy to continue discussing because Anneliese is still missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ateen