ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - # 1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it sad that all these press conferences sound exactly the same. It's like they have a script.

It is - it's called Police Procedure.

And especially if the Feds are working with them, LE has to be careful what they say. They've been told not to give too much away as the perp might be listening (and surely is).

Oh, they were like "friends with benefits".

Hadn't heard that one. Thanks for keeping me "in the know" LOL
My son's friend calls those types of relationships "effing good friends".
According to son's friend, there's a whole lot of that going around.
In my day, it would surely be called something but it would be the girl that got the nasty label.

The only problem is...forensics AREN'T revealing things in any of these cases that is leading to an outcome of any type, From Haleigh C., to Hailey D. to Kyron, to Hassani, to Sky, to Lisa, to Aliayah, to Joshua, to on and on and on.

I DO believe that in the case of a young child, parents need to be viewed as suspects first, victims later. Sorry. They are the ones responsible for the safety and lives of the children they bear. LE has not been getting anywhere in these cases, IMO, by "working" with the parents or treading lightly so as not to "alienate" them.

JMOJMOJMOJMOJMO

That's all well and good until either you or better, someone you know gets into some horrible situation like this and they are treated like criminals. Then if it turns out they are not responsible, a simple 'sorry' isn't going to cut it.

Hadn't heard that one. Thanks for keeping me "in the know" LOL
My son's friend calls those types of relationships "effing good friends".
According to son's friend, there's a whole lot of that going around.
In my day, it would surely be called something but it would be the girl that got the nasty label.

Friends with benefits. It's pretty common. Saves everyone involved the work of an actual relationship. As long as no one's birth control fails, or as long as the two can work together if they do create a child, I don't have a problem with it. That's just my opinion and I know plenty of people will feel different, but I've never been a traditional family kind of girl.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/miss ... y-15194693
Missing Maine Toddler's Mom Clings to Hope

The mother of a 20-month-old girl who disappeared from her father's home in Maine says she's "hoping and praying" that she's OK.

Trista Reynolds said Tuesday that not knowing where Ayla is has been tough, but that she's trying to remain strong for an 8-month-old son who remains in her care. She said she has questions for the father, Justin DiPietro, but that he hasn't returned her calls.

That's all well and good until either you or better, someone you know gets into some horrible situation like this and they are treated like criminals. Then if it turns out they are not responsible, a simple 'sorry' isn't going to cut it.

Personally I would be okay with having to rule myself out if my child was
"taken" in the night. And would make sure to try to do everything possible to do so. I'd think the police were inept if they did not focus on me first.

MOO ...

BBM: It just gives the parents MORE time for the parents to "lawyer up" when LE is "taking its time" going through the usual SOP and "pussyfooting around" ...

JMO ... but there needs to be a "better system" in place so that LE can rule them out quicker ... or NOT at all ...

MOO ...

I don't understand the above It just gives the parents MORE time for the parents to "lawyer up" but it is not for me to understand. Anyone can have an atty present when speaking with LE - actually, LE notifies them that it is okay to do so & in some cases, necessary & essential. It's a right we have as citizens of the USA (probably not the case under Sharia Law).

I said I may not go on TV to plead for a missing child but I sure would "lawyer-up" if it was my child. It's always a good idea to have legal representation when speaking with LE or a victim of a crime.

I commend LE for their hard work in this case & providing updates how ever so vague.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/20/us/maine-missing-girl/index.html
Authorities to expand search for missing Maine girl

Authorities in Maine said Tuesday that they are expanding their search for 20-month-old girl, asking the public for their assistance in locating the missing baby.

"We'll leave no stone unturned," Waterville Police Chief Joseph Massey told reporters about a search for Ayla Reynolds that has since garnered national headlines. "I'm not going to speculate on whether she's alive, or when she'll come home."

He said police have around 75 officers working on the case and have received over 100 tips in a joint probe with the FBI, who is leading the expansion of the case.

"taken" in the night. And would make sure to try to do everything possible to do so. I'd think the police were inept if they did not focus on me first.

And if I knew I didn't do it, but they seemed to be focusing solely on me, I'd shut up and get a lawyer, because it would be obvious to me that this police department was not interested in the truth or in finding my child, but in making me fit into the suspect slot. That's not what I see from Waterville, btw.

Of course, I would also volunteer to take a poly, but knowing that that doesn't really mean anything, I wouldn't push them to make me take one if they didn't feel it was necessary.

Was anybody else thinking "no crap it's a missing child case"?? Duh...nothing like stating the obvious.

Let's see some words like abduction or foul play. I don't believe for a minute she wandered off on her own. Not a second.

I want to know more from the neighbor who heard the loud noise at 3:30am. Why hasn't anyone asked what kind of noise it was? A gun shot? A crashing noise? A horn? A loud noise could be many things. And does this loud noise coincide with when someone else reported a car pulling up late at night?

And if I knew I didn't do it, but they seemed to be focusing solely on me, I'd shut up and get a lawyer, because it would be obvious to me that this police department was not interested in the truth or in finding my child, but in making me fit into the suspect slot. That's not what I see from Waterville, btw.

Of course, I would also volunteer to take a poly, but knowing that that doesn't really mean anything, I wouldn't push them to make me take one if they didn't feel it was necessary.

BBM: and I have seen this exact example in recent months in another case we are following at WS.

LE is doing their job & it's not beating the truth out of people. It is finding the truth in people.

Yes...and when the mother said...she barely knows him (father)...

Dear God.....:ohwow::pullhair:...who would allow their child to live with someone they barely know. And why would that be a better option than having the child live with the grandma and aunt, if indeed that is was really happened?

Something stinks to high heaven. Why can't we get a straight answer from the mother and grandmother as to how she ended up with the father?

longtime lurker... first time poster here, Hello! I respect all of your opinions and appreciate the passion that most of you on here have about these poor sweet babies...

While MOO is that one of these parents does know something, at the same time I do have to remind myself that this is America. As tired of these cases as we are, we cannot and should not change our entire justice system so that the parents of missing kids get vilified by the entire world immediately upon reporting a child abducted or missing. As someone else said, IF the parents are being cooperative, and just assuming that they are innocent, why push them into a corner to make them clam up and not want to give any more info? IF they are NOT innocent, then it doesn't matter anyways because the child is already gone, and hopefully the truth will come out in the end. FIRST priority should be finding the child, NOT building a case against the parents. IMO, I'm sure they are not "pussyfooting" around in the investigation, but are not telling the public everything that is going on behind the scenes. So before assuming such things, we must think about the fact that we are NOT privy to ALL info. We surely would like to be, but that's not the way things work....

Yep, me too Clu... That's the whole point. It's not my "rights" being taken away.. it's the fact that I will do anything so that LE will move on and find my child! (If a kidnapping is true) I'm as liberal as they come but I'm also a mom who loves her son more than the world. I'll cry, I'll scream, but as long as I know LE is also looking for the culprit while they investigate and interrogate ME.. I'm fine with it.
Ask Mark Klaas! he'll tell ya.
These crimes have become WAY too prevalent and these are the most innocent of victims, statistically hurt and killed by the person that is being offered condolences and "consideration" Nah ah.. Something has to change.

Wow, I think I might be the only one here that is glad things aren't handled that way. Yes, I think that it is important to find a missing kid, and yes, this seems to be hitting epidemic proportions. But, my reasoning is that if a parent did kill the child, then they have time to figure that out later. It is very rare for a child to be hidden by one parent effectively for anything more than a few hours unless the parent is missing too. That means that if a child really did disappear in the middle night, either they are likely already dead, and forensics and time will reveal that anyway, or they are still alive and in a very dangerous situation. I would rather they pussyfoot with the parents for the first couple of days, because if there is anything the parents can remember, someone watching them, sounds or things out of place, that is not going to come to mind when they have a police department coming down on them like a ton of bricks. MOO.

Well said! I agree completely. :clap:

longtime lurker... first time poster here, Hello! I respect all of your opinions and appreciate the passion that most of you on here have about these poor sweet babies...

While MOO is that one of these parents does know something, at the same time I do have to remind myself that this is America. As tired of these cases as we are, we cannot and should not change our entire justice system so that the parents of missing kids get vilified by the entire world immediately upon reporting a child abducted or missing. As someone else said, IF the parents are being cooperative, and just assuming that they are innocent, why push them into a corner to make them clam up and not want to give any more info? IF they are NOT innocent, then it doesn't matter anyways because the child is already gone, and hopefully the truth will come out in the end. FIRST priority should be finding the child, NOT building a case against the parents. IMO, I'm sure they are not "pussyfooting" around in the investigation, but are not telling the public everything that is going on behind the scenes. So before assuming such things, we must think about the fact that we are NOT privy to ALL info. We surely would like to be, but that's not the way things work....

Agreed! Coming down on parents immediately would not help find the child, in fact, in many cases, I believe it would make the investigation harder in many ways.

Also, I believe that what is said in a presser and what is actually going on behind the scenes can often be 2 very different things. We need to remember that sometimes it is detrimental for them to say anything accusing about or pointing towards the parents.

I don't understand the above It just gives the parents MORE time for the parents to "lawyer up" but it is not for me to understand. Anyone can have an atty present when speaking with LE - actually, LE notifies them that it is okay to do so & in some cases, necessary & essential. It's a right we have as citizens of the USA (probably not the case under Sharia Law).

I said I may not go on TV to plead for a missing child but I sure would "lawyer-up" if it was my child. It's always a good idea to have legal representation when speaking with LE or a victim of a crime.

I commend LE for their hard work in this case & providing updates how ever so vague.

I totally agree that it is the "right" of the citizens in this country to have legal representation, in any and all circumstances ... I have absolutely no problem with that ...

:waitasec: Maybe I should have been "clearer" ... :innocent:

What I do have a problem with is the Defense Attorneys INSERTING themselves into these "high profile cases" ... MOO ... And it has happened ...

IMO ... these "defense lawyers" KNOW the $$$$$ and air time they will get when they take on one of these "high profile cases" ...

And it is unfortunate ... but once a parent who has a "missing child" lawyers up ... LE knows its "hands are tied" ...

MOO MOO and MOO ...

I cannot hep but wander if there is a Casey effect with all these cases, that is, since Casey got off we have had at least 2 high profile missing baby cases in just 6 months whereas I cannot remember before that when I heard of a baby going missing in the night. What are the chances, 2 babies same story in just a few months!

Did the Casey case educate people on reasonable doubt (the wrong way unfortunately as Pinellas 12 applied the wrong standard) so that people think that they can hide a baby somewhere and there will always be reasonable doubt? The Casey case tells people that even if you hide a dead baby there is still reasonable doubt because it "could have been" an accident, even if the mother goes out partying, etc. bc lying and hiding a body is not enough to show murder. People hide bodies when there are accidents too, it is believed.

Even in this case and Lisa's case, suppose God forbid, they find the children harmed, the perpetuators could still try to get off w the Casey defense. Hopefully they would get a good jury but if they got people like Casey's how would they ever show it was not an accident (especially if there is not a preserved body) since apparently some juries think hiding a body is not enough to show murder

And if they never find the child they WILL get off!
I was thinking the same thing! So sad. I can't believe kids are disappearing and people are getting away with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puddy