ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - # 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course it is criminal, if she did not walk out...parental kidnapping or hiding a child, at the very least...why are they playing this down...

God, love you guys...even though this was an almost a usual "CRAP" scenario. What can we learn from this & teach others??? OMG...guess cops were all over things all along, plus bringing in the FBI. Actually, this was the lst time I was definitely pissed off with LE.

I am so thankful/glad Aliahna has been found; been there too often unfortunately.

Missing Maine toddler Ayla Reynolds was kidnapped, police say

December 27, 2011 10:26 AM
For the first time in the ongoing investigation of missing toddler Ayla Reynolds, police have said they believe she has been kidnapped. Investigators said Monday the 20-month-old was taken away and did not walk out on her own.

Police Chief Joseph Massey said at a news conference, "At this point in the investigation, we are confident that Ayla did not walk out of the house by herself."

CBS Boston reports Massey would not hypothesize on whether her abductor was a family member, someone who lived in her father's house, or a stranger.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57348647-504083/missing-maine-toddler-ayla-reynolds-was-kidnapped-police-say/

Very confident that she did not walk out of the house. from the conference

:tyou: for all the updates !

I have been "lurking" over the Christmas Holidays to keep up, but not posting ...

How can this be a missing person's case when the chief stated that Ayla did not leave the house by herself (that he was confident that she didn't leave and that someone took Ayla from the house). This is an abduction therefore a criminal investigation. WTH???

BBM: :rocker: I was about to post something similiar then I saw your post ...

Seriously ... makes me want to :innocent: s-c-r-e-a-m :innocent: when I hear such "baloney" at these pressers ...

While I understand LE does not want to compromise the investigation ...

I hate when they "insult our intelligence" ...

:waitasec:

Good Morning.

I have spent some time this morning, clicking on links, digging through information and critically thinking the situation surrounding the disappearance of Ayla.

That said, focusing only on the 'facts', leaves very little information available. LE is playing very 'close to the vest'. Dismissing all the insinuations, she said, he saids, allegations and maybe's, results in extremely minimal details:

Ayla is missing ... we can't even say for sure that she was at the 'grey' house that night ... How sad.

I believe LE has solid information, however, without risking alienating either 'parent' and to keep them cooperating, nothing it definitive is being released. That said, without 'new' or relevant information, the 'case' ceases to be kept in the eye of the media, which risks jeopardizing public interest and potential information (hence the announcement of the reward yesterday). (just look at the decrease in posts even here in this forum).

Hopefully LE has facts and information that they are pursuing to bring answers and justice. Personally and sadly I don't believe Ayla is 'with' anyone and this case will end in arrest with charges of homicide. I pray I am wrong.

Are they thinking the $30K will bring forward any family member or friend who took her, in hopes that the person won't know they committed a felony? I just don't get the way this case is being handled...okay, maybe they do not want to "alienate" Mom or Dad, but I have not seen the children in these cases reappear suddenly whether LE says they are getting cooperation or not...

I am not a believer in "someone is hiding the child" as a rule, this case COULD be the exception, only I have trouble seeing how seemingly simple people can arrange such things without leaving a trail of some kind..the FBI is involved, right?

Of course it is criminal, if she did not walk out...parental kidnapping or hiding a child, at the very least...why are they playing this down...

I think you are answering your own question. They are saying it's a kidnapping and not (for example) a child abuse murder. My guess has been that one of the parents has this child (which may be wishful thinking on my part, of course) or that LE thinks oneof the parents took her or has her. On one of the HLN shows last week, the mother said she and the father hadn't been talking since the child "disappeared" and her affect really struck me wrong. If LE thinks it's a parents, that would account for "playing this down" as the "search" has a very narrow circumference and theinvestigation a very narrow focus.

Are they thinking the $30K will bring forward any family member or friend who took her, in hopes that the person won't know they committed a felony? I just don't get the way this case is being handled...okay, maybe they do not want to "alienate" Mom or Dad, but I have not seen the children in these cases reappear suddenly whether LE says they are getting cooperation or not...

I am not a believer in "someone is hiding the child" as a rule, this case COULD be the exception, only I have trouble seeing how seemingly simple people can arrange such things without leaving a trail of some kind..the FBI is involved, right?

I agree, which maybe wasn't quite clear in my post :). I am not sure that the way LE is handling the case is the right way. I have seen cases handled both ways, I hope LE has information that is causing them to move forward in the manner they are... rather than an investigators personal preference on handling such cases.

Yes FBI has gotten involved, I believe... however if they are simply offering their assistance and not 'taking over' the case, they will defer to local LE on their approach...

I hope for a good resolution here...

I agree, which maybe wasn't quite clear in my post :). I am not sure that the way LE is handling the case is the right way. I have seen cases handled both ways, I hope LE has information that is causing them to move forward in the manner they are... rather than an investigators personal preference on handling such cases.

Yes FBI has gotten involved, I believe... however if they are simply offering their assistance and not 'taking over' the case, they will defer to local LE on their approach...

I hope for a good resolution here...

BBM: I totally agree ... good point ...

Not to be off topic :innocent: but reading your post made me think of something :innocent: ... so adding my :twocents: FWIW.

In the past year -- since I have been posting here at WS -- I have followed so many cases, actually more than I usually follow because the info here is :great:

But almost every one of the cases I have followed, LE has kept everything "close to the vest" :silenced:

I am NOT "bashing" LE here -- just saying that LE's "tactic" of keeping everything :silenced::silenced: is NOT helping solve these missing person's cases

Maybe it's time that some of the LE departments try the "opposite" approach, and put the info OUT THERE ! And who knows ... maybe and HOPEFULLY it will lead to where the VICTIM is more quickly ... or maybe it will to MORE TIPS ... or maybe it will lead to the PERP ...

JMO ... but case-after-case seeing LE keeping "mum" on the details, is not helping find the VICTIMS fast enough !

Maybe if LE released some of the DETAILS to the PUBLIC -- example in this case -- tell the PUBLIC WHO was at the house the night Ayla went "missing" ... oh -- and WHOSE car was towed to the lab for "processing" ... it MAY lead to info regarding Ayla !

Again ... just my opinion ...

MOO ...

So what happens now? LE just hopes one parent or the other will come forward with Ayla? What if they don't? Very confused...

From Hazel's post above:

Police Chief Joseph Massey said at a news conference, "At this point in the investigation, we are confident that Ayla did not walk out of the house by herself."

Can I file this in the Captain Obvious file? :banghead:

Sheesh, I feel everyone's frustration. We all knew that almost immediately. It seems to me that the difference in these cases where they are solved right away is that LE knew the "story" didn't add up and then they interrogated their suspect until they broke. I'm thinking about the Tyler Dasher and Aliahna Lemmon cases. I know that isn't always possible, but it seems to be what needs to happen if they hope to get some closure. Ugh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henry Cooper