ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - # 4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to mention that the house we lived in when I was a child did not have a basement. I cannot tell from the pictures of Ms. DiPietro's home if there is an attic or not. Has this been mentioned at all?

According to the NG transcripts, a local reporter indicated police were searching the main level of the home, the attic and a garage. I can't find anything that says the attic was a converted bedroom/nursery although that is certainly possible. No word on the layout of the home from family or LE or any mention of a finished basement.

The home has 3 bedrooms, I believe. People are thinking the attic was converted because there were three adults and two babies living there. Other arrangement are possible. JD could have been sleeping on the sofa, or the mother and sister could have been sharing. Unconfirmed by LE or the family, but at least two other people are reported to have been there that night, a friend of JD's and a friend of his sister's. It's unknown if these people were overnight guests, but a car belonging to one of the guests (maybe JD's friend, but again unconfirmed) was towed and searched which indicates the owner of that car stayed overnight. I can't find anything that says the baby was taken from an upstairs bedroom or anything that precludes it either. All MOO.

I'm not sure if this is allowed, and if not, Moderators, please remove.

But according to the City records it is a 3 bedroom ranch with an unfinished basement. I would be surprised if it has an attic that anyone could live in. My mom's house is similar (here in Maine) and there is no way we could have finished the attic to have a room there. We did in the basement, but not the attic.

Chrissie

Thank you all for clearing up the attic bedroom for me. I guess I got thrown off by the NG transcript that was posted above. Maybe I should read a little more before I jump in. LOL *slinks back off to lurk*

Thank you all for clearing up the attic bedroom for me. I guess I got thrown off by the NG transcript that was posted above. Maybe I should read a little more before I jump in. LOL *slinks back off to lurk*

You did fine. Not to worry:) However, NG kind of boggles my mind. Sometimes she likes to indicate a problem when none exists and that is a bit unfair. She, as a prosecutor, knows that every nook and cranny of that home needed checked...including the attic...so her acting "bewildered and surprised" was for "show."

In that interview from NG above, he starts off saying it is a one-story house...a few paragraphs later it morphs into a two-story house...as always, solid info from NG show. JMO

Why don't we know were Ayla was sleeping? Was it upstairs, on the floor, on the main floor? I heard that she was taken from her bed. Where was this bed? Was she sleeping in the same room as her cousin? Where was everyone else sleeping? Was the grandmother in the home at the time? Why don't we know this info? Was someone sleeping on the couch? Apparently, the children of Waterville Maine are experiencing anxiety because they may believe that they could be abducted during their sleep. I know investigators were measuring a window. Was this to see if someone could break in through the window from the outside?

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/01/...ce-mental-health-agency-says/?ref=mostReadBox

Jumping in here with another point of view on JD's latest interview. I read the "naive" quote to mean that he wasn't aware of the resources that he could tap that would aid him in getting word out, putting up fliers, printing shirts, etc.

I found his last few interviews to be very honest and relatable. I guess I'm back :fence: with this one.

Why don't we know were Ayla was sleeping? Was it upstairs, on the floor, on the main floor? I heard that she was taken from her bed. Where was this bed? Was she sleeping in the same room as her cousin? Where was everyone else sleeping? Was the grandmother in the home at the time? Why don't we know this info? Was someone sleeping on the couch? Apparently, the children of Waterville Maine are experiencing anxiety because they may believe that they could be abducted during their sleep. I know investigators were measuring a window. Was this to see if someone could break in through the window from the outside?

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/01/...ce-mental-health-agency-says/?ref=mostReadBox

I agree. All this time has gone by and we are still trying to guess where the baby was sleeping. It looks like this would be a simple thing to find out, right? But for some reason it remains a mystery. Very frustrating to me.

Did the Dipietro home have any Christmas decorations, tree, etc? Did they take any holiday photos of Ayla before everything happened, with her sling on? If there are recent photos of Ayla, how come they have not been released? There is the video clip of Ayla dancing with a one-piece pajama on. It didn't look like she was wearing a soft cast. Was this at the house on Violette Avenue?

Did the Dipietro home have any Christmas decorations, tree, etc? Did they take any holiday photos of Ayla before everything happened, with her sling on? If there are recent photos of Ayla, how come they have not been released? There is the video clip of Ayla dancing with a one-piece pajama on. It didn't look like she was wearing a soft cast. Was this at the house on Violette Avenue?

:waitasec: I don't rcall seeing any "holiday" photos of Ayla ... so, she went "missing" on Dec 17 -- so good point !

WHY isn't there a photo of this baby for Christmas ? :waitasec: And it's NOT because of the sling !

:waitasec: JMO ... MAYBE because she had some "bruises" ... I know -- many don't believe Trista about this ... and Yes, children and babies fall down and get bruises ...

Just saying that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE ...

MOO ...

Thanks for the info. People on here have been talking about the attic for sometime, so I just gave my :twocents: Didn't Trista mention something about the two children sleeping in one room? That may be why the talk of an attic bedroom(s) came into play. A house just 988 square feet for 5 people would be so cramped, in my opinion. I understand that the sister lives there with brother, Justin and mom--correct? Unless there is a finished basement bedroom, with an adult to each of the 3 bedrooms, I wonder where the 2 children would sleep? The house does look very similar to the home I described living in as a child. Maybe more information regarding the setup of the home will come out in the media soon.

I've been asking where the idea of an attic bedroom came in for some time because I could find nothing and the roof slope doesn't appear tall enough to support a room even centered. My feeling is the basement must be finished. JD Mom, sister and niece lived there already each having a bedroom probably. JD and Ayla move in so Ayla went in with the niece and JD elsewhere, I assumed a finished basement but not confirmed.

I doubt the basement was finished, if it not listed as such in the property info. Dad did not plan to move back there, as far as we know, until he knew Ayla was coming. I would imagine they are all doubling up, perhaps grandma and Dad's sister in one room, one for Dad and one the babies. JMO

Even more odd if these rooms are all on the same floor of a small home that someone got in and out, but that is JMO.

I doubt the basement was finished, if it not listed as such in the property info. Dad did not plan to move back there, as far as we know, until he knew Ayla was coming. I would imagine they are all doubling up, perhaps grandma and Dad's sister in one room, one for Dad and one the babies. JMO

Even more odd if these rooms are all on the same floor of a small home that someone got in and out, but that is JMO.

Just wanted to say that I would be sharing a room with my daughter before sharing a room with my mom (and I love my mom).:innocent:

Just wanted to say that I would be sharing a room with my daughter before sharing a room with my mom (and I love my mom).:innocent:

Well I was just guessing, since apparently no one noticed either child that night, missing or otherwise, that an adult did not sleep in there with them.

I think that would depend on exactly where the babies room was in relation to any entrance. I'm still leaning towards, even if unfinished, dad sleeping in the basement - throw a carpet down and a bed, dresser - done! Good enough to sleep on. Not to mention if his girlfriend AND his sisters boyfriend spent the night, they would def. need separate rooms and not bunking with 'mom'...moo

I think that would depend on exactly where the babies room was in relation to any entrance. I'm still leaning towards, even if unfinished, dad sleeping in the basement - throw a carpet down and a bed, dresser - done! Good enough to sleep on. Not to mention if his girlfriend AND his sisters boyfriend spent the night, they would def. need separate rooms and not bunking with 'mom'...moo

It would be too bad, with so many adults that no one slept in with the children, or at least decided to check on them...I can't stop harping on that, sorry to be so stubborn. Especially with one of them having an injury. JMO

There is a new article with video from inside the house. I haven't watched it yet but here it is: http://www.necn.com/01/06/12/Aylas-...ng_newengland.html?blockID=626348&feedID=4206

For the first time, Justin Dipietro allowed a camera inside his home on Violette Avenue, in Waterville, Maine - the house where his daughter, Ayla Reynolds, was last seen three weeks ago.

Thank you, Matou, for this article and video.
Random observations by me:
1.) houses have no walls/fences between houses. (I have grown up with, and still have, wall/fences between houses.) No fences would seem to heighten noises heard from neighbors (example dogs barking, car doors closing, etc.)

2.) This video DID show Ayla dancing to Frosty the Snowman..so I believe it was a more recent video of her.

3.) I still could not get a true feel of the layout of the house...was anyone more perceptive than I was? (I hope!)

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members