ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If a parent has a child missing, that the parent had nothing to do with (the disappearance part), would that parent really give a carp as to what the public thinks about them as long as they are doing whatever they can to keep their child's name and face out in the public so that others can be looking out for their child? I know that I personally would not give a rat's behind what anyone thought of me in that situation. I would be front and center every day until my child was found. If the public or the media want to dissect what I say, so be it. My children are my everything and mean more to me than my reputation or what anyone thinks of me.

The issues that are being talked about over and over are not that worrisome when taken one at a time, however when you have them all together with the fact that the child is nowhere to be found then they become red flags. A broken arm is something that happens sometimes to some children. A missed Dr appointment can be simply because of not having the money at that time to pay for the co-pay or not being able to take off work that day. Bruises on the childs face, arms, legs, etc could be from rough play with other children or simply an accident prone child. A text to the other parent of the child about being worried that someone is going to take the child could be an overactive imagination or trying to start an arguement. Not checking on a child from 8 pm until 9 am the next morning could be that both the parent and the child were exhausted and slept hard. However, when you have all of those things lining up within days of a child going missing then you begin to look at all of them as a whole and wonder what the heck was really going on. Add to that the fact that the people in the house the night the child went missing are refusing to tell the truth about what exactly occured that night and who was actually in the house and then there are not just red flags floating around but huge freaking flashing red arrows pointing to someone who was in the house not only that night but every other time that something happened to this child. If JD does not understand why people question his version of things then perhaps he should take a step back and look at it from the outside looking in. See it from the publics perspective. He, and the rest of his family and friends, need to come completely clean. If none of them did anything wrong, had nothing to do with Ayla's disappearance, then tell the truth. For me it really is that simple.

MOO

Who are they refusing to tell? I have not heard one word from LE that they don't have all the info from the night before or that anyone has not fully cooperated. Just because they are not sharing every detail with the public doesn't mean they aren't being truthful and forthcoming with the people who matter...LE!

Let's not forget that so many who wanted Deb Bradley to lose her children for drinking one night think that TR should have her children....It's just standards and I sort of get it. Whoever has the child is to blame, regardless of whether they were sleeping or not. And the most ridiculous thing to me is how people think grandma should have been glued to that house and never allowed out so long as Ayla was there :waitasec:

I think the problem people have with DB is based on her own statements that she has "adult time" two or three times a week, "forgets stuff like people do when they drink" and as everyone who knows her knows, when she has had enough, she goes straight to bed and konks out without even saying goodnight. TR is trying to address her issues. How that will work out, only time will tell. I don't think PD should be glued to the house, but I do think she should tell the truth. All MOO

I think the problem people have with DB is based on her own statements that she has "adult time" two or three times a week, "forgets stuff like people do when they drink" and as everyone who knows her knows, when she has had enough, she goes straight to bed and konks out without even saying goodnight. TR is trying to address her issues. How that will work out, only time will tell. I don't think PD should be glued to the house, but I do think she should tell the truth. All MOO

Thank you for your post; this is my perspective as well.

Unlike JD who "smoked it" I believe that TR wanted to do this polygraph to prove to any doubters that she had nothing to do with the reported disappearance of Ayla. I am sure that she has been under enormous unrelenting stress prior to the reported abduction of Ayla. She was denied even the opportunity to speak with her daughter. Why, if nothing was wrong, would JD deny that small courtesy. If I were in her shoes I would be unable to function. I believe that her love for Ayla is what is giving her the strength to go on hoping that Ayla is alive and well. TR has proved that she is a strong woman, and doesn't deserve to be branded as an unfit mother. Apparently JD wasn't up to the proud papa role when Ayla was younger, and surely if he had been paying child support to TR we would have heard that from him from day one. Right after TR filed papers seeking support, someone caused Ayla to simply disappear. And, JD even had premonitions that someone was going to “take”Ayla. Sure enough, someone made Ayla disappear. What an ironic coincidence.
Did TR have anything to do with the disappearance of Ayla. I honestly do not believe she ever pictured a life without Ayla. TR made a choice to improve her life, and that better life included Ayla. She took positive steps toward a better future for her children. Well, all I can say is life is damned unfair and unfair is really a poor choice of words to describe what TR is presently forced to endure.
IMHO

We still don't know the layout of the room. Was anything in front of the window? How did they fit so many children in one room? But someone was still able to climb through a window without alerting anyone or bumping into furniture?

Not. Buying. It. :cow:

Possible reason for LE taking measurements of window and using special equipment was to determine what a lurker would be capable of seeing through the window from various angles/distances outside. Would someone outside be able to see the children while they were in bed and know where each child slept? How would someone get close enough to the window without being seen by the adults who were putting the children to bed? Once the children were in bed, I assume the lights were turned out, so would someone outside be able to view the children in the dark through the window?

Also, I wonder if the sheer curtains can be verified by LE. It seems unusual to me that someone would put sheer curtains to a window in a baby/child's room. Babies sleep better in a darkened room. Otherwise, they're awake at the crack of dawn. But, we know that no children were stirring in that room the morning Ayla disappeared. It seems especially risky putting sheer curtains to the window of a baby/child's room that faces the street, and even more so when the father fears his child might be taken.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the window that is of interest the one on the driveway side of the house next to the door?

I started thinking about that and of the houses I know like that, the door goes into the kitchen. So I started snooping around. . . and I found this listing 25 Violette Ave. It's looks to be very similar.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/25-Violette-Ave-Waterville-ME-04901/84973160_zpid/

Take a close look at the kitchen photos. . .door coming in from the side and double windows over the sink. I would be really surprised if the Dipietro house wasn't the same.

BBM...Interesting occupation! (Mental Hygiene...

A bit OT, but this term (now) just means mental health - centered around early intervention, prevention, and promotion of mental health. In the early 1900s it also included sterilizing those who medical professionals thought too mentally deficient (in whatever way) to be able to care for children.

This department in NYC mostly concentrates on public health, emergency preparedness, etc. as it relates to NYC.

Many state departments of health also are named this way (e.g., Maryland), but in addition to public health promotion, these departments run State Medicaid and child welfare programs.

Of note - in Maine, the equivalent (to a state level department named as such) is the Dept of Health and Human Services, in which Child Protective Services falls.

"I have prepared this statement because I said that I would release the results of my lie detector test to the public, I took that test today.

According to the test administrator, who was very courteous and professional, I was unable to complete the test due to a medical condition. It was suggested to me that after treatment by a doctor I would be able to finish the test, but the investigating authority is content with the general outcome of the incomplete test (as it stands).

This is far from the result I wanted to share with the public, but I will take the advice of the administrator and seek attention for my medical condition so I can be healthy enough to be re-tested if required. In the meantime I wish that people will keep Ayla in their hearts and wish with all of us for her safe return."

MOO...it's clear to me that Trista did not write this statement herself. Do we know if she has an attorney?

MOO...it's clear to me that Trista did not write this statement herself. Do we know if she has an attorney?

I agree, it is very well written. I don't know if she has an attorney but I would hazard a guess that she informed the LE that she was going to release her results and when she couldn't finish the test she asked them what she should say.

Let's not forget that so many who wanted Deb Bradley to lose her children for drinking one night think that TR should have her children....It's just standards and I sort of get it. Whoever has the child is to blame, regardless of whether they were sleeping or not. And the most ridiculous thing to me is how people think grandma should have been glued to that house and never allowed out so long as Ayla was there :waitasec:

That was kind of my point, the standards are different depending on the case. TR is 'getting help', so it's all good, etc, etc. But I guarantee you if it was under TR's watch that Ayla went missing, I can only imagine what would be said of her, getting treatment or not.

If a child goes missing under your watch, you're not going to get the benefit of the doubt, either here or in the general public. It doesn't matter what you do, you could be a saint and it won't matter, the cloud of suspicion will always be with you. I don't understand when people say 'they should be doing this or that' because it's not going to matter, if you think someone has something to do with it, nothing they do is going to change your mind. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, the same exact thing happened in the Smart and Lunsford cases.

That was kind of my point, the standards are different depending on the case. TR is 'getting help', so it's all good, etc, etc. But I guarantee you if it was under TR's watch that Ayla went missing, I can only imagine what would be said of her, getting treatment or not.

If a child goes missing under your watch, you're not going to get the benefit of the doubt, either here or in the general public. It doesn't matter what you do, you could be a saint and it won't matter, the cloud of suspicion will always be with you. I don't understand when people say 'they should be doing this or that' because it's not going to matter, if you think someone has something to do with it, nothing they do is going to change your mind. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, the same exact thing happened in the Smart and Lunsford cases.
BBM I think that applies for some people (especially in the case of DB), but right now I'm suspicious of PD and JD and I could easily change my mind if I could hear more details about the timeline and what all went on that night. No, they do not owe us, the public, any answers. Personally, I do care what people think of me, so I would want to come forward and try to convince the world of my innocence. Different strokes for different folks.

I don't think PD should have been glued to the house. I think had she been things may have been different, but she could not have known that. I think whoever disappeared Ayla took advantage of her absence but I sure don't think her absence is evidence of any wrongdoing on her part of complicity.

ETA I do think it was really really a bad move on her part to lie to the press about her presence there that night tho. Really really bad, because now her own credibility is in question and that does not help the sitaution.

Does anyone think her "medical condition" could be related to substance/alcohol abuse again? I'm not saying TR has relapsed, but she is an addict. Given the enormous stress of this situation, it is not unrealistic to assume that she turned to what has probably helped her cope in the past. I know rehab gives people better coping skills, but her rehab was only 10 days---basically a detox. Just a guess, and MOO.

The only other thing I think of is pregnancy...

Very true. And with regard to TR "getting help" none of us know the circumstances surrounding that. She could very well have been forced to do so, which would mean that Ayla was just as unsafe with her as she was with JD. No one goes to rehab for an alcohol problem that is just occurring (unless they're a celebrity). Her youngest child is 9 months old...think about it.

Does anyone think her "medical condition" could be related to substance/alcohol abuse again? I'm not saying TR has relapsed, but she is an addict. Given the enormous stress of this situation, it is not unrealistic to assume that she turned to what has probably helped her cope in the past. I know rehab gives people better coping skills, but her rehab was only 10 days---basically a detox. Just a guess, and MOO.

The only other thing I think of is pregnancy...

I was thinking it was most likely her respiratory problems. Isn't that what was reported, that she had some respiratory illness? Her breathing is odd, and I know that is one of the things they say can affect a LDT, because they measure respiration. Idk. . .I could be totally wrong though.

On HLN right now and I hope this will be repeated. Phoebe interview.

This was the interview from last night, and "the sheer curtains" were said to have been mentioned.

I didn't see it. I have searched for a video, transcript, or article and can not find anything.

Can anyone else find it? Anyone see it that could tell us more about it.

I was thinking it was most likely her respiratory problems. Isn't that what was reported, that she had some respiratory illness? Her breathing is odd, and I know that is one of the things they say can affect a LDT, because they measure respiration. Idk. . .I could be totally wrong though.

I wondered if she might be asthmatic. A lot of people associate asthma with wheezing, but coughing, chest tightness and shortness of breath are also symptons. The other thing that made me think asthma is the recent hospitalization of her son. Asthma is very often hereditary. In my family, great and grandmother, aunt, me and my daughter, all starting as infants. Asthma definitely affects respiration rate and blood pressure which are some of the responses measured in LDTs. Lots of possible triggers for asthma, including stress. All MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marytb