Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm. where did you see this?

also, just to add to the donation discussion, on the Facebook "This Little Light of Maine", the admin posted a status today with more details about the donations.

http://www.facebook.com/aylalight

--it looks like the F/B has been taken down.

--as of now anyway.....the 'blog" portion of the site was also changed to "password protected" earlier, that has now been lifted.

--donations to put up "billboards/raise awareness/and search for ayla"
( currently in the process of setting this up through 'legal channels'.)

http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/new-website-offers-fresh-details-on-ayla_2012-01-20.html

New website offers fresh details on Ayla

The website, www.thislittlelightofmaine.com, was launched this week by Angela Harry, a blogger and friend of DiPietro. She said she hopes it will raise awareness of the toddler's disappearance. Harry, 36, lives in Washington, D.C., but used to live in Maine. She has known DiPietro since he was 8 years old, she said.

Harry said she has kept in touch with DiPietro over the years, and they have spoken on the phone nearly every day since Dec. 17 -- the day Ayla was reported missing..

The narrative posted on the website is a compilation of those phone conversations, Harry said during a phone interview Friday with the Morning Sentinel.

In previous interviews, DiPietro has declined to discuss the details surrounding Ayla's disappearance, but Harry said DiPietro has given the new website his blessing.

bbm. where did you see this?
also, just to add to the donation discussion, on the Facebook "This Little Light of Maine", the admin posted a status today with more details about the donations.

http://www.facebook.com/aylalight

BBM: askfornina
I am sorry, I couldn't get back on this site sooner, so your question is upthread a bit. The question you asked me was where did I find where the writer said for TR to find a fund raiser to start up her own; Answer - It is on the tab labeled A Beacon of Hope, and it is on the right hand side, in a separate column.

Trust me, I did not make this up. I won't copy/paste from her site, per her warnings. But it still is there right where I saw it. The wording may be somewhat different but the meaning was clear.

IMO

Using beenverified.com, it lists only the same two relatives. Furthermore, when searching for JD, NOTHING comes up. Nothing at all. His name yields no results....which is weird. I guess he has no criminal or credit history? idk

I came across a Peitro Justin Dipietro. I think it had an upstate NY addy. C:seeya:

Its very easy to step over a gate at top of stairs. When I first read this I thought the gate was on the childrens door. I have a gate at the top of my stairs which is mounted to the wall. And it is closed every night, if I come down stairs, I just open it. And I always close it after. Just wanted to point out, if your use to a gate, its easy to move around it and not been annoyed by it. I can't image a gate not being mounted on stairs, thats really scary. I will say that when my gate gets loose, it could very well be knocked out with pressure from an adult.

So JD gives the ok for someone other than himself to explain everything about that night and the details of the life of his girlfriend? WHY? Now we have to take the 10 pm time as a possibility of the last seen time for Ayla, unless she did not actually see Ayla in her bed because she did not look at the her bed. Did Elisha go to bed at 10 pm? What about JD and his girlfriend? The blog post says nothing about that at all. The gate is a superficial detail that doesn't matter in all this, IMOO. Friday night at home and no one hears a thing in the small house. Not gonna buy this right now. JMO

So JD gives the ok for someone other than himself to explain everything about that night and the details of the life of his girlfriend? WHY? Now we have to take the 10 pm time as a possibility of the last seen time for Ayla, unless she did not actually see Ayla in her bed because she did not look at the her bed. Did Phoebe go to bed at 10 pm? What about JD and his girlfriend? The blog post says nothing about that at all. The gate is a superficial detail that doesn't matter in all this, IMOO. Friday night at home and no one hears a thing in the small house. Not gonna buy this right now. JMO

Phoebe has said she wasn't there the night Ayla went missing.

Diana

So JD gives the ok for someone other than himself to explain everything about that night and the details of the life of his girlfriend? WHY? Now we have to take the 10 pm time as a possibility of the last seen time for Ayla, unless she did not actually see Ayla in her bed because she did not look at the her bed. Did Phoebe go to bed at 10 pm? What about JD and his girlfriend? The blog post says nothing about that at all. The gate is a superficial detail that doesn't matter in all this, IMOO. Friday night at home and no one hears a thing in the small house. Not gonna buy this right now. JMO
Ditto. The 10pm is when Elisha (via FB) stated she checked on her daughter and brought her into her bed to sleep. I don't think there was a statement that she saw Ayla at that time.

I don't see the significance of talking about the girlfriend except to paint her in a good light, due to her sister's recent arrest. I think the gate comment (can't believe so many here are fixated on it) is just meaningless and probably said to note that Justin was in a panic about hearing Ayla was gone, so that he rushed upstairs without paying attention to the gate in his way.

Interesting that young people go to bed at 10pm on weekends.

OT, having major problems with WS this week...anyone else?

Me too ... I tried about 5 times to log on last night and finally gave up ...

:waitasec: I thought maybe there was some "breaking news" and that everyone was rushing to get on ... like what happened a few times in the FCA trial ...

:seeya: Sorry o/t ...

BBM: askfornina
I am sorry, I couldn't get back on this site sooner, so your question is upthread a bit. The question you asked me was where did I find where the writer said for TR to find a fund raiser to start up her own; Answer - It is on the tab labeled A Beacon of Hope, and it is on the right hand side, in a separate column.

Trust me, I did not make this up. I won't copy/paste from her site, per her warnings. But it still is there right where I saw it. The wording may be somewhat different but the meaning was clear.

IMO

Apparently it isn't that clear, because I took it totally different than you did. In my opinion, although she personally only knows Justin, she is encouraging people to support either parent.

I didn't realize that Justin hadn't been told about Ayla until she was 7 months old!!!

Hmmm...I wonder if Tristas ex originally thought she was his for those 7 months? And how he AND Justin felt finding this info out after 7 MONTHS ~ and how and why it came out.

I would say looking at Ayla, there would be no doubt she is Justins, but did Trista just wake up one day and say, wow, she looks a lot like that guy Justin, she must be his???

Who the heck has Ayla? Where is she????

All moo!

MOO-"Ayla's Story" on the Little Light of Maine site reads like creative non-fiction. I believe it is based on fact, and it is useful to gain some insight into the players and dynamics in this case, but I'm not convinced of its usefulness for sleuthing purposes.

On a related note, is anyone else as frustrated as I am with the media reporting in this case? I keep finding hearsay reported as fact, misstated facts, and all-around shoddy reporting. I guess it's par for the course, but it certainly isn't helping to find Ayla. :banghead:

I didn't realize that Justin hadn't been told about Ayla until she was 7 months old!!!

Hmmm...I wonder if Tristas ex originally thought she was his for those 7 months? And how he AND Justin felt finding this info out after 7 MONTHS ~ and how and why it came out.

I would say looking at Ayla, there would be no doubt she is Justins, but did Trista just wake up one day and say, wow, she looks a lot like that guy Justin, she must be his???

Who the heck has Ayla? Where is she????

All moo!

As soon as I read about the 7 months thing many questions popped up for me, some the same as you are asking and more. How did he find out? Could it have been papers served for child support? I also question her statement about Justin being glad to be a Dad? Given the situation, his age, etc I think it would be rare indeed for him to be immediately happy. At least in other situations I have heard or read about that wasn't the typical reaction.
JMO

Ditto. The 10pm is when Elisha (via FB) stated she checked on her daughter and brought her into her bed to sleep. I don't think there was a statement that she saw Ayla at that time.

I don't see the significance of talking about the girlfriend except to paint her in a good light, due to her sister's recent arrest. I think the gate comment (can't believe so many here are fixated on it) is just meaningless and probably said to note that Justin was in a panic about hearing Ayla was gone, so that he rushed upstairs without paying attention to the gate in his way.

Interesting that young people go to bed at 10pm on weekends

BBM

My 23 yr old son and his gf , surprisingly, go to sleep about 10 pm on weekends as well. Both of them are in school and working full time, and they are tired enough by that time to fall asleep. If they have some special event planned they might go out and stay up late. But on a 'normal' Friday night they might meet friends for a dinner or a movie and then come home and crash.

MOO-"Ayla's Story" on the Little Light of Maine site reads like creative non-fiction. I believe it is based on fact, and it is useful to gain some insight into the players and dynamics in this case, but I'm not convinced of its usefulness for sleuthing purposes.

On a related note, is anyone else as frustrated as I am with the media reporting in this case? I keep finding hearsay reported as fact, misstated facts, and all-around shoddy reporting. I guess it's par for the course, but it certainly isn't helping to find Ayla. :banghead:

Yes, on the media reporting, not just this case but the media in general. I grew up with David, Chet, and Cronkite so I still have not adjusted to the way news is reported today.

http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/new-website-offers-fresh-details-on-ayla_2012-01-20.html

New website offers fresh details on Ayla

The website, www.thislittlelightofmaine.com, was launched this week by Angela Harry, a blogger and friend of DiPietro. She said she hopes it will raise awareness of the toddler's disappearance. Harry, 36, lives in Washington, D.C., but used to live in Maine. She has known DiPietro since he was 8 years old, she said.

Harry said she has kept in touch with DiPietro over the years, and they have spoken on the phone nearly every day since Dec. 17 -- the day Ayla was reported missing..

The narrative posted on the website is a compilation of those phone conversations, Harry said during a phone interview Friday with the Morning Sentinel.

In previous interviews, DiPietro has declined to discuss the details surrounding Ayla's disappearance, but Harry said DiPietro has given the new website his blessing.

Good, I'm glad the media is picking this up.

Seems to me this is a website to spin things positively for the DiPietros. Got it.

Once again, the emphasis is on how "ordinary" and "normal" that night was when Ayla disappeared.

DiPietro last saw Ayla on Dec. 16. Harry describes the evening as ordinary.

So was it normal for Phoebe to be somewhere else or was the abductor just lucky that there was one less person to wake up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CAC6968