ME ME - Biddeford, BlkFem 16-21, UP15139, skull on shoreline, Jul'09

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP15139
ME/C Case Number 2009-1252

Female, Black / African American
Date Found July 25, 2009
Location Found Biddeford, Maine

Estimated Age Range 12-30 Years
Estimated Age Group: Late Teen/Young Adult

Estimated Year of Death: 1999-2009

Height: Cannot Estimate
Weight: Cannot Estimate

Location Found Map
Street Address
Mile Stretch Road
Biddeford, Maine
York County

Circumstances of Recovery
Skull was found along the ocean shoreline, wrapped in seaweed approximately 10-15 feet off the tide line.
Details of Recovery

Inventory of Remains Torso not recovered One or more limbs not recovered One or both hands not recovered

Condition of Remains
Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

There aren't not any black women listed as missing in NamUs in Maine. Not finding any good matches in neighboring states either. I guess I'll just throw this one out there. Lisa Lvette Hall – The Charley Project

PMI is off by 6 years but Dorchester is less than 100 miles from biddeford

Lelena Lipp seems to be the most logical match

The ME collected DNA from Lelenas family awhile back, after i submitted her as a possible match for another jane doe. Im unsure what type of dna was collected, and im not sure if theres any dna on file for jane doe

Lelena Lipp seems to be the most logical match

Yeah I agree. But a recon, especially from the NCMEC, will definitely be helpful here

On 7/25/2009, a cranium of a young female was located about 10-15 feet from the tide line in Biddeford, Maine. It is estimated the skull had been submerged for 12-18 months prior to coming ashore. The female is possibly of African American descent and between 13 and 21 years of age. Her unique dentition may suggest possible childhood in a different demographic than the U.S. or may indicate chronic grinding or clenching of her teeth. Displayed is a facial reconstruction created by a NCMEC Forensic Artist and depicts what the female may have looked like in life

If she is indeed black, that rules out every missing person listed as missing from Maine in NamUs

If she's that young then she will hopefully be picked up as part of the Othram project to ID every child that is in Namus, though I guess it's going to take a long time work through them all.
My understanding is maine has funding for genealogy for all their uids

Has worked on 3 of their cases
dna doe has also worked on 3

I wonder if she could be of Somali origin, especially with the bit that "Her unique dentition may suggest possible childhood in a different demographic than the U.S." Maine (esp. Lewiston and Portland) has a large Somali immigrant population

I wonder if she could be of Somali origin, especially with the bit that "Her unique dentition may suggest possible childhood in a different demographic than the U.S." Maine (esp. Lewiston and Portland) has a large Somali immigrant population
My understanding is that population has grown heavily in the past 6 or 7 years. I think that population was much smaller in 09

Edit. I think im wrong.

According to NamUs, jane doe couldve died as far back as 1999.

In the 1990s, thousands of Somali immigrants in the United States began a secondary migration to Maine from other states due to the area's low crime rate, good schools and cheap housing

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoldenGirl1971
Back