ME ME - Cathy Moulton, 16, Portland, 24 Sept 1971

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
SEP 24, 2023
[...]

If anyone has information that could help solve this crime, people are asked to call the Portland Police Department at 207-874-8575, according to the department’s Facebook post.

To provide information anonymously, call 207-874-8584 and leave a message on the department’s crime tip line. People can also text the keyword “PPDME” and message to 847411 (TIP411).

Didn't know the skeleton was found next to a stove miles out in the woods (so deep nobody can find it decades later). Wonder how that got out there in the first place? I do feel like It is possible she could have ran off from the camp and got lost in the woods and found those barrels and used them as a food source and the old stove to stay warm or maybe to create smoke hoping someone would see it and try and find her. About 90 percent of Maine is forested according to google so it would be easy for a child and even an adult to get lost out there.

Didn't know the skeleton was found next to a stove miles out in the woods (so deep nobody can find it decades later). Wonder how that got out there in the first place? I do feel like It is possible she could have ran off from the camp and got lost in the woods and found those barrels and used them as a food source and the old stove to stay warm or maybe to create smoke hoping someone would see it and try and find her. About 90 percent of Maine is forested according to google so it would be easy for a child and even an adult to get lost out there.
I believe Cathy lived on the Reservation as “Candy” per the book about her case. It stated that one day, Candy ran out of Reid Perley’s home during a snow storm so I believe this is quite possible

I believe Cathy lived on the Reservation as “Candy” per the book about her case. It stated that one day, Candy ran out of Reid Perley’s home during a snow storm so I believe this is quite possible

Yes, whomever left the barrels and stove probably did so because it would have been too difficult to transport out of the woods. Maybe early settlers from the 1800s left them behind because it would have been too much of a strain on the horses that took them to the area to pull it for miles and miles and miles.

I do feel like if she was murdered they would have hid her in one of the barrels instead of leaving her out in the open. Hopefully one day the location will be found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee
Back