Found Deceased ME - Chase Dmuchowsky - UMPI Student - Vehicle Found Abandoned on Penobscot Narrows Bridge

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Ilex

Reaction score
Chase in 6ft6inches with blonde hair. He is a student at UMPI in Presque Isle Maine. He was driving a black Ford Expedition with California plates. His card was swiped in at his dorm on Sunday and he swiped out at 7am on Monday the 24th of October to go to class. He told his roommate he was going to Ellsworth and left at around 6pm. His vehicle was found on the Penobscot Narrows Bridge at around 11pm on the 24th of October with the engine running and the hazard lights on. It's unclear whether he made it to Ellsworth or not.

chase.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a beautiful bridge.
I've driven it, can't imagine stopping on it.
I sure hope he is safe.
It seems strange to leave the engine running and the hazard lights on. If he left PI at 6pm and his car was found at 11pm, that leaves quite a bit of time to drive around. And I'm not quite sure why he would have gone to that area. The route to Ellsworth from PI would be to head down 95 from Houlton to Bangor and then take 1A heading east from Bangor to Ellsworth. Bucksport is south of Bangor.

Chase left his dorm room on October 24th at 6pm. He told his roommate he was going to visit with someone in Ellsworth. His vehicle was found running, with the hazard lights on on the Penobscot Narrows Bridge in Bucksport Maine. It's unknown if he made it to Ellsworth. DEEMI has been conducting water and air searches.

Attachments

• chase.jpg
    chase.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 13
He took his cellphone and wallet with him when he left the vehicle and I'm not sure where his vehicle was on the bridge.
I’d be curious to know when his phone turned off and if there really was a friend he was supposed to be meeting in Ellsworth. If there was one would assume the friend would’ve tried to call him when he didn’t show, at which point his phone would have either rung or went straight to voicemail.

I was hoping he hitchhiked or something due to car trouble but with the car found running it seems unlikely :(

I know it probably would have been disclosed already, but is there any remote possibility that he was in a fender-bender with another driver on the bridge? I could see him exiting the car with it running and just taking his phone (and possibly his wallet was in his pocket anyway) to call his insurance or exchange info, and if things went badly and he was abducted or he was hit by another vehicle and ended up in the water, it might account for the car's presence and his absence.

I know it probably would have been disclosed already, but is there any remote possibility that he was in a fender-bender with another driver on the bridge? I could see him exiting the car with it running and just taking his phone (and possibly his wallet was in his pocket anyway) to call his insurance or exchange info, and if things went badly and he was abducted or he was hit by another vehicle and ended up in the water, it might account for the car's presence and his absence.
I don't think there was any damage to his car. LE just stated it was running with the hazard lights on, which made me think he was having car trouble or maybe was lost. He did leave at 6pm and his car was found at 12:30am on the 25th, not 11pm. It's about a 3 or 4 hour drive (depending on speed and stops) from PI to Bangor and another hour to Ellsworth from Bangor. I'm thinking he took a wrong turn and ended up in Bucksport and tried to figure out how to get back to Bangor. IMO he never made it to Ellsworth. It does seem odd to head down to Ellsworth from PI on a Monday night. I can't imagine why he would drive so far on a school night.

It does seem odd to head down to Ellsworth from PI on a Monday night. I can't imagine why he would drive so far on a school night.

In my experience as a college instructor, colleges schedule classes to meet either on Monday/Wednesday/Friday, or on Monday/Wednesday only, or on Tuesday/Thursday only. I raise this point just to say that, depending on the class schedule of this missing young man, a Monday night might not have been a “school night” for him. Wonder what was in Ellsworth to make the long drive worthwhile, though…

OCT 31

The family of a missing college student from the University of Maine at Presque Isle said the search for him continues a week after he was last seen.

Law enforcement officials are looking for Chase Dmuchowsky, 21, after he was last seen on a surveillance camera leaving his dorm at the Presque Isle campus around 6 p.m. on Oct. 24.

“We love and miss Chase so much,” said Dmuchowsky’s sister Zoe Dmuchowsky. “He could make anyone laugh no matter how bad of a day they were having. Chase’s family is hurting and is in search of answers.”

IMG-8619.jpg

More at Family of missing Presque Isle university student looks for answers

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bands0408