ME ME - Douglas Chapman, 3, Alfred, 2 June 1971

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm sorry for asking this, but... Did LE checked the property of the sexual offender?
I imagine he didn't live far from there and, if you look on Google Maps, Gore Road is a beautiful area, with big gardens surrounding the properties and trees at both sides of the road. It would have been rather easy to bury a body there without anyone noticing anything suspicious.
I feel so sorry for this family and this poor child...

I'm sorry for asking this, but... Did LE checked the property of the sexual offender?
I imagine he didn't live far from there and, if you look on Google Maps, Gore Road is a beautiful area, with big gardens surrounding the properties and trees at both sides of the road. It would have been rather easy to bury a body there without anyone noticing anything suspicious.
I feel so sorry for this family and this poor child...

Doug went missing in 1971. Sex offender registries wouldn't have been a thing back then.

Police tracker dogs traced Chapman's scent through a field, past an apple orchard onto a farm, and down the driveway to the main road. The scent apparently stopped there; Chapman's father believes he may have been placed in a vehicle at that location.
Is this the farm they are referring to? It's right off route 202. If Douglas was abducted near that location his abductor could he from anywhere.

June 5, 2023
'ALFRED, Maine — A boy from Alfred has been missing for 52 years, and police are still searching for answers.
On June 2, 1971, 3-year-old Douglas Chapman was playing outside by a sand pile about 25 yards from his house when he allegedly vanished, according to a Facebook post by Maine State Police.
His mother told police she was talking on the phone inside the house, and when she came out to check on him, she couldn’t find him, according to the post. She reported him missing to the police at 10:30 a.m. His father was at work.'

''The entire community searched for Douglas, but he was never found.

During an interview years ago, with NEWS CENTER Maine learned that dogs traced Douglas' scent through the woods and up to Gore Road.

Maine State Police are asking anyone with information on the missing case of Douglas Chapman to call police at 207-624-7076.''

poor baby... as they say above anyone could have taken him... if he is not living with another family he must be deceased...
rest in peace

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay