Franklin Eugene Marston

No_Image_Available_male.jpg

Case Classification: Missing
Missing Since: July 31, 1977
Location Last Seen: Lewiston, Androscoggin County, Maine

Description:
  • Date of Birth: circa 1945
  • Race: White/Caucasian
  • Height: 5' 7" - 5' 9" (67 - 69 inches)
  • Weight: 155 - 165 lbs
  • Hair Color: Brown
  • Eye Color: Blue
  • Nickname/Alias: Unknown
  • Distinguishing Marks/Features: Wears eyeglasses. Scar on right side of abdomen.
  • Clothing & Personal Items: Eyeglasses. White V-neck T-shirt. Coverall jeans. Green combat boots.
  • Identifiers: Unknown
Circumstances of Disappearance:
Marston was last seen at his residence in Lewiston, Maine on July 31, 1977. He was headed to Ram Island to take pictures along the Androscoggin River in Turner, Maine. He has never been heard from again. His vehicle was found abandoned at the Center Bridge in Turner. Few details are available in Marston's case and his whereabouts remain unknown.

Investigators:
  • Androscoggin County Sheriff's Office: (207) 753-2500
    Reference Case#: 77-3496
NamUs Case Number: MP55259
NCIC Case Number: N/A

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

On Ancestry Franklin was known as “Skipper”, this is his fathers obit which mentions him as pre deceased as Skip

Cedric W. Marston, formerly of Blake Street in Turner, Maine, died at age 87 on Thursday, September 23, 1999 at the Victoria Villa Nursing Home in Canton following a long illness.

Born in Andover, Maine, on March 4, 1912, Cedric was the son of Samuel and Carolyn (Poore) Marston and was employed for most of his working life as a bulldozer operator, working for both the Wallingford and Decoster companies.

At the time of his death, he was survived by four sons, Michael Marston of Auburn, Maine, Wade Marston of Norway, Maine, Russell Marston of Turner, and Steve Marston of Lewiston, Maine; three daughters, Marilyn (Marston) Kaminski of Naugatuck, Connecticut, Theresa (Marston) Stover of Orland, Maine, and Shane (Marston) Jamison of Mexico, Maine; 35 grandchildren; and many great-grandchildren. He was predeceased by his second wife, the former Priscilla Wade, who died on February 15, 1994; a son, Skip Marston; and a daughter, Nancy (Martson) Gower.

The same as you MadMagoo there seems to be someone with same name and dob living in Maine?

Okay, so that is our guy. “Skip”. Thanks for finding those articles @Caring1 ! I couldn’t find one confirming they were the same person. Now there’s no question! I’ll see if I can find a photo.

This article indicates PFC Franklin E. Marston, son of Mr/Mrs Cedric Marston. This could be him. 1969 wedding picture in the paper along with the announcement. The Canoe article also references Turner, which is where Mr/Mrs Cedric Marston (in the wedding announcement) are indicated as being from. If this doesn't jive please let me know so we can delete my post - thanks!

Sun-Journal (Lewiston, ME); 7 Aug 69, pg 3
1662076132426.png
1662075970444.png
1662076085027.png

Franklin is still listed as missing at NAMUS

Photo1

Name: Franklin Eugene Marston
Nickname/Alias: Skip; Skipper
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: July 31, 1977
Location Last Seen: Lewiston, Androscoggin County, Maine

Physical Description​

Date of Birth: January 2, 1945
Race: White
Height: 5'7" to 5'9"
Weight: 155 to 165 lbs
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Scar on right abdomen

Identifiers​

Dentals: Unknown
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: White V-neck t-shirt, coverall jeans, green combat boots
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Glasses

Circumstances of Disappearance​

Franklin Marston was last seen at home on July 31, 1977. His locked Toyota station wagon was found parked a short distance into the brush near the Turner Center Bridge. He had a canoe and camera equipment with him and had planned to take pictures along the Androscoggin River in Turner. He was supposed to return home later that afternoon. When he did not return home the following morning, his wife reported him missing.

Franklin's canoe was found at the edge of a small island about 3/4 mile north of where Nezinscot River empties into the Androscoggin River. The canoe was partially filled with water. Inside the canoe was Franklin's life jacket with a package of movie film still in the pocket. A paddle identified as Franklin's was found on shore.

He is believed to have drowned, and his remains have yet to be discovered.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back