ME ME - George Boardman, 70, Searsmont, 5 Oct 2000

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

UnderSea

Reaction score
Namus
"George Boardman lived in Bingham, Maine and was last seen on October 5th, 2000 when he reported that he was going to an appointment. Approximately a week and a half later, Boardman's vehicle was found abandoned at the Municipal Parking Lot in Searsmont which is located in Waldo County. Investigation revealed that Boardman may have been murdered. Attempts to locate his body have not been successful."

Charley Project
"Boardman is a retired merchant sailor and has been known to go on trips for weeks at a time without giving notice, so at first his family was unconcerned about his disappearance. They filed a missing persons report after he failed to contact him over the Christmas 2000 holidays."

Namus
"George Boardman lived in Bingham, Maine and was last seen on October 5th, 2000 when he reported that he was going to an appointment. Approximately a week and a half later, Boardman's vehicle was found abandoned at the Municipal Parking Lot in Searsmont which is located in Waldo County. Investigation revealed that Boardman may have been murdered. Attempts to locate his body have not been successful."

Charley Project
"Boardman is a retired merchant sailor and has been known to go on trips for weeks at a time without giving notice, so at first his family was unconcerned about his disappearance. They filed a missing persons report after he failed to contact him over the Christmas 2000 holidays."

GB likely murdered (word is, in a gravel pit), as are those who killed him over a drug deal. Fascinating, frustrating story. Guy lived extremely modestly -- at various times in a pop-up camper, also apparently couch surfing at a senior living establishment -- yet he left a million dollars to Green Peace. Go figure.

Typo there -- didn't mean to say that those suspected of killing him were also murdered. They died accidentally.

Typo there -- didn't mean to say that those suspected of killing him were also murdered. They died accidentally.

Curious about how you know this? We actually want to tell his story on our podcast, but information on him is slim to none. I'm curious to find out more details about him personally if possible.... Thanks for any info!!

Curious about how you know this? We actually want to tell his story on our podcast, but information on him is slim to none. I'm curious to find out more details about him personally if possible.... Thanks for any info!!
Did you contact the family? They posted a reward for information and then wouldn't talk with me. I thought that was mighty strange.

Missing Persons | Maine State Police

Boardman, George
Case date: 2000
Town: Bingham

attach.php

Boardman's vehicle (1990 Brown Honda Accord, Maine Registration 3403 JF) was located abandoned behind the Searsmont Municipal Parking Lot in Searsmont, Maine. The vehicle was located on November 6, 2000. Boardman resided at 392 Whitney Street in Bingham, Maine. Boardman's roommates stated that he had not been seen since October 5, 2000, over a month prior. Numerous leads and interviews have been conducted over the years with no resolution. Boardman has never been located.

Contact: Maine State Police Major Crimes Unit - Central, 36 Hospital Street, Augusta, Maine 04330. Telephone (207) 624-7143 or toll free 1-800-452-4664.

You may also report information about this crime using the leave a tip form.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l
Back