Found Safe ME - Jill Sidebotham, 28, Nicholas Hansen, 38, Lydia Hansen, 2, Camping in Phillips area, overdue from trip, Sanford, 3 July 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't know. The subtitle of the article made it sound recent:
"A MISSING dad quit his job just days before vanishing on a camping trip with his ex-girlfriend and their daughter, his family has revealed."
I think I knew that and they are desperately trying too keep it relevant.

I'm a bit surprised that funds have not been raised for a reward. While rewards are often ineffective, they might work here IF this trio was staying with some of Nick's friends who might need the cash. While I think it's a low probability of success, it might just open some eyeballs and also give the local press an excuse to recycle and refresh the story.....especially as fall approaches and we move from tourism season to school season and the population shifts.

I don't like that he quit his job before they went on the camping trip. He didn't plan on returning?
What exactly did she tell her mom that was relayed to her dad, and the dad said he was worried as soon as he heard what they were doing?

Last edited:
I was thinking about Jill and Lydia this weekend as I hiked through the Sanford trail system. Sadly, I think the best chance for finding them will come with the upcoming hunting season which begins on various dates in September and October depending on what's being hunted and how. Perhaps when some hunter follows some little used dirt road and there are fewer leaves, that silver VW Jetta will be spotted.

I was thinking about Jill and Lydia this weekend as I hiked through the Sanford trail system. Sadly, I think the best chance for finding them will come with the upcoming hunting season which begins on various dates in September and October depending on what's being hunted and how. Perhaps when some hunter follows some little used dirt road and there are fewer leaves, that silver VW Jetta will be spotted.
I sadly agree with this. But at least they will be brought home.

With the car not ever been seen again, do you think they may be in water?

What's it like for lakes and reservoirs in that area?
I'm not familiar with the area where they went camping but the Sanford region has lots of lakes, ponds and rivers. And once a car is in the water, it's hard to find. The recent CA case of Kiely Rodni is an example - they had some real pros looking for her with sonar. It took several days to find her and they had a good idea where to look. I read about a case in MA - a girl went off the road (a well traveled road) in the mid 1980's and they just found her car (with sonar I believe) a few months ago. I don't even know what body of water they would start with if they conducted a thorough search for Jill. I suppose there's a lake or pond where they went camping, but they could have driven several miles from there.

The media finally posting about it so we can discuss and post link....

Update expected Friday in case of missing Sanford family
Thank you for this! I hope the family/LE can hear from Jill outside the presence of Mr. Hansen, as he seems to be the only one speaking at the moment. From your article:

Hansen insists the three are safe and simply wanted to pursue a new life in private.

“We’re sorry for making this such a big thing. It wasn’t our intention. Our intention was to get away from toxic
situations and have a safe, happy family,” Hansen said in a phone interview.

Hansen declined to say where the three have been living.

MOO - I would think Jill's son counts as family. At least to her. Maybe she has been in contact with her family. I still don't have a good feeling.

Last edited:
Jill's fiancé Corey Alexander, 31, told The Sun: "Something's not right. It contradicts everything, the very person that I know her to be.

"If Jill wants to be with him and not me why won't she call me and say so?

"Why won't she talk to her family or her son? This is not the woman I know."

Sanford police Det. Erik Rae told WMTW late Thursday night that an update on the case is coming.

“Press release coming tomorrow instead of Monday. I am confident you spoke with Nick,” he said in an email exchange.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evieeve
Back