Identified! ME - Kennebec Co, WhtMale, 40-46, "Alfred Jake Fuller", Oakland, May'14 - Name withheld

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Me too .does anyone know how long it will take to get a DNA confirmation? Can I expedite the process?

It depends on the lab your DNA was sent to and the quality of the unidentified person's DNA. Sadly, I have seen it take up to a year to get confirmation on cases here. Fastest DNA results I have seen are just under a month. I'm not sure there is anyway to expedite. Have the police taken your DNA already to compare? They may be able to answer your question better on how long it could take.

Welcome crjfmom. I hope you get the answers you are seeking.
Does anyone know of a way to pay for the DNA test results to speed up the process? I am still waiting for the police to contact me for a cheek swab . we won't be able to get the results for 1 to 5 months depending on which agency our local police submit the swab to

Does anyone know of a way to pay for the DNA test results to speed up the process? I am still waiting for the police to contact me for a cheek swab . we won't be able to get the results for 1 to 5 months depending on which agency our local police submit the swab to
you can order an ancestry DNA kit online you should get your results 8 to 10 weeks after you send out the sample

I'm sorry, I don't know the answer. It would be best to ask those questions to the law enforcement person who contacted you.

"UPDATE: The identity of the John Doe known as “Alfred Jake Fuller” has been confirmed by the agency and he is being returned to his family. They have requested that his name be withheld. Out of respect for their privacy we’ll honor that request.

This will often be the case with natural deaths or suicides where no criminal investigation is undertaken."

DNA Doe Project

I guess we can move this thread to the 'Identied!' section now.

Crjfmom, I see that this man was positively identified. Just curious, did they expedite your DNA to get a match? If he turned out to be your family member, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoopE
Back