ME ME - Kimberly Moreau, 17, Jay, 11 May 1986

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Canton man denies involvement in teenager’s cold-case disappearance

Reached by phone Friday at his home, Enman, 54, said he had nothing to do with Kimberly’s disappearance.

“They’re out there doing what they’ve got to do, and we’ll see the end results come up with,” Enman said of the police, “and maybe after all this, if they don’t find nothing, they’ll leave me the hell alone.”

Moreau disappeared on May 10, 1986, after she argued with her boyfriend, Mike Staples, and dropped plans to attend the Jay High School junior prom with him. Instead, she went out with a female friend and met a pair of 25-year-old acquaintances, one of whom was Enman, police have said.

Moreau’s father, Richard, who’s been at the scene during both days of the search, expressed little sympathy Friday for Enman.

“He thinks that we’re harassing him? What have I had for 29 years?” Moreau said of Enman. “That’s the way I look at it. He can tell the truth of what happens that very night and we can go from there.
”

Years after daughter’s disappearance, father of Kimberly Moreau wants only closure in cold case

He’s even done his own investigating, interviewing witnesses and trying to build a timeline of the night his daughter disappeared – not because he needs to find the person responsible for her disappearance and her probable death, but because he needs closure.

“I really don’t care about anything else but giving her a proper burial,” Moreau, 73, said Friday, standing across the street from the site of the latest police search.

“Justice is just revenge,” he said. “It won’t take away all those sleepless nights I’ve had. It won’t give me back all that time I spent searching, all the money I spent.”

He didn’t always feel that way.

690887_767917-20150807_KimberlyMor.jpg

Hoping that somebody some where out there, will just send an anonymous message to Kimberly's grieving Dad, where his darling daughter can be found, please!

"Police: No evidence found in Kimberly Moreau cold case"

http://www.wcsh6.com/story/news/local/2015/08/09/officials-continue-search-kimberly-moreau-cold-case/31373009/

Sgt. Mark Holmquist of the Maine State Police Major Crimes Unit said Brian Enman' property has been cleared but they haven't found evidence in the cold case. Enman was one of the last people to see Moreau alive.

Instead of going back to Enman's property on Monday, police will take the day to regroup and analyze data collected during the search. They are planning to consult with the geologists from the University of Maine to decide the next course of action.

Still a chance a discovery might be made. They haven't announced yet what the new information was that led to this recent search.

"Police likely to renew cold-case search for Jay teen within a month"

http://www.pressherald.com/2015/08/10/search-may-resume-for-clues-in-1986-disappearance-of-kimberly-moreau/

Police will likely return to Canton within a month to search for a Jay teenager who disappeared in 1986 after cadaver-sniffing dogs indicated that human remains may be on land abutting property that police spent days searching last week.

Detective Sgt. Mark Holmquist of the Maine State Police said the continuing activity is a sign of progress in the search for Kimberly Moreau. The search was renewed Thursday and focused on 5 acres owned by Brian Enman, who was one of the last people to see Moreau alive, and two neighboring properties. Dogs focused on a five-acre plot to the west of Enman’s land and that’s where Holmquist said a future search would focus.

"Kimberly Moreau's father reacts to investigation updates"

http://www.wcsh6.com/story/news/local/2015/08/10/kimberly-moreaus-father-reacts--investigation-updates/31434313/

"We knew it's like basically looking for a needle in haystack," said Moreau. "People ask me, are you disappointed with it? No. Because we've narrowed down the field, so we're going back and will put another plan together."

Richard went back to work Monday as investigators compiled their data and regrouped to plan their next step in the investigation.

"Father of Kimberly Moreau plans to conduct his own search"

http://www.wgme.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/father-kimberly-moreau-plans-conduct-his-own-search-29239.shtml#.VgOw_d9Viko

“There's been a lot of sleepless nights in between, because I want to see it ended. I want to see it ended so bad this year. This is unlike anything I’ve ever had. I've been involved in a lot of things over the years; this has been totally different this year. I don't know if it’s me getting older or just the anxiety of me wanting it over with, but it's totally different from anything we've done in the past," Moreau said.

Moreau says he feels like they are so close this time. He says he just continues hoping and praying he will bring Kim home.

[h=1]Cold case families react to news of arrest in decades old murder case[/h]AUGUSTA, Maine (NEWS CENTER) – An arrest in a murder case that remained unsolved for three and a half decades is giving new hope to families of other cold case victims.

(...) The arrest came just a few months after the start of a new cold case unit. Families that pushed for that unit gathered in Augusta today.

“I think we all feel if one case is solved it’s a big step for everybody”, said Dick Moreau, father of a missing teenager.

His daughter Kimberly was just a year older than Joyce McClain when she disappeared in 1986. (...)

Through their work on the cold case unit, relatives of missing persons and homicide victims have gotten to know each well, sharing a common bond and developing friendships. They say they are thrilled for Joyce McClain’s mother and are hopeful they will receive the same news someday.

http://www.wlbz2.com/news/local/col...of-arrest-in-decades-old-murder-case/75317503

I want to keep this case alive for Kimberly and for her father.

Victim's family puts faith in new Cold Case Squad

http://www.foxbangor.com/news/item/17374-victim-s-family-puts-faith-in-new-cold-case-squad-part-1

“I've gone through some things that are pretty traumatic. Nothing like this,” said Richard Moreau, whose daughter went missing 30 years ago.

“She came home, dropped her coat off, dropped her purse and everything else, said she was leaving and that she'd come back and be back in an hour,” said Richard.

Fast forward 30 years later and Kimberly's body still has not been found, but despite the odds, Kimberly's father says he will not give up looking for his daughter.

But with the formation of Maine's new Unsolved Homicide Unit, he's confident that the information needed to find his daughter will be uncovered.

“I put it like it's a ten thousand piece puzzle. And you've got to find, okay you've got this little piece of information. Where does that go into that puzzle. And sooner or later, I feel confident that we're going to get enough pieces that we're going to be able to make a picture,” said Richard.

“This brings hope. And that one light of hope, that's like putting a flashlight at the end of a train tunnel, but at least there's a light. We never had that before.”

Hi I am good friends with Kimberley's sister Karen, I was a member of the DOE Network for a couple of years and worked this case amongst others. My question is have we given up ? I think that someone here knows where she is all I ask is just say where and give this family peace. I will always look for Kimberly.

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/01/...d-by-maines-cold-case-unit-push-for-new-bill/

Friends and family members with HAAD Enough Inc., a year-old group representing unsolved missing and murder cases in Maine, held a news conference to announce proposed victims’ bill of rights legislation and to question the progress of the state’s new cold-case unit. They say they are frustrated that not enough has been done since the Legislature created the unit in 2015...

Richard Moreau of Jay, whose daughter Kim has been missing since 1986, said the families standing behind him could be anyone’s families, and they need help.

“When New Hampshire started theirs, the first year out, their cold-case squad solved four cases,” Moreau said. “I’m not saying we should have solved four cases this year, but there ought to be something out there saying they’re doing something because nobody knows of anything going on. This system is not working.”

Hi I am good friends with Kimberley's sister Karen, I was a member of the DOE Network for a couple of years and worked this case amongst others. My question is have we given up ? I think that someone here knows where she is all I ask is just say where and give this family peace. I will always look for Kimberly.

Welcome to Ws Brucer!

"Lack of witnesses, lack of physical evidence, lack of a crime scene and lack of remains -- it makes it very, very challenging," said Lt. McDonough.
He said he believes there are people who know what happened to Kim and are withholding information.
"We truly believe that those individuals know what happened to her. Some of the statements we've received from those individuals just don't make sense. We really need them to come clean and be honest. It's probably been torturing them as well," said Lt. McDonough.

http://www.wcsh6.com/mb/news/local/30-years-of-searching-a-plea-for-information/180997254

I'm not trying to be unsympathetic here, but these things take time.
They finally arrested someone for Joyce McLain's murder last year, 36 years later.
And, where is Renee Ordway in all this? She's supposed to be the official victims' advocate for the cold case squad, the liaison between victims' families and the unit. I don't even see her mentioned in that HAAD article. Maybe I'm being a bit harsh here, but if she were doing what her job description reads in the paper, then these folk wouldn't need a new bill, IMHO. She should already be addressing their concerns and making things as transparent as possible. If people have "HAAD" enough, then it doesn't sound like she's cutting the mustard to me.

http://bangordailynews.com/2016/02/...dway-as-victims-advocate-for-cold-case-squad/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat
Back